Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 401 to 420 of 459

bluemage1989

@Darknyht for a cheap price there's far worse out there. I'm starting to run out of physical games to play on WiiU which is end of an era kinda sad. I'll probably splurge on a whole load of VC titles now I have access to a debit card Nintendo accept.

Any hidden indie gems you want to recommend??

Edited on by bluemage1989

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

StephenYap3

I double-dipped on Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for $10 under a sale.

StephenYap3

Darknyht

I picked up Mighty No. 9 physical from Amazon for $6 (most of that was shipping). It looked interesting, and maybe I can finish it (unlike all the Mega Men games I fail at). Also finally grabbed the first expansion pass to Hyrule Warriors to breathe some life back into that game.

@bluemage1989 My tastes in games can be odd at time, so take these suggestions as you will. I really enjoyed Lucadian Chronicles (it got me through one of the many, many game droughts on the system), probably enjoyed Tank! Tank! Tank! and D&D: Chronicles of Mystara more than I should (it reminds me of the era of stupid fun arcade games), and Tumblestone isn't bad if you can catch it on sale.

I've been mostly focused on picking up cheap Wii games since I missed most of the Wii era. Ghostbusters, Endless Ocean, Nights Journey of Dreams are some of the recent purchases.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

Darknyht

Finally picked up Splatoon for Wii U. Found it for less than $20 and snapped it up.

Darknyht

gcunit

My Wii U collection is nearly complete. I don't mean 100%, just the games that I consider worthy. Most recent additions are Pokken Tournament, Paper Mario Colour Splash, and Monster Hunter 3U.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Darknyht

@gcunit Mine is just about. I want to grab Call of Duty: Ghosts for the bot matches, Need for Speed, and Pokken Tournament if I can find them. I also wouldn't mind getting getting Assassin's Creed IV and Minecraft at some point if I can again find them at the right price.

There are still some old Wii Games I am looking at (which are more reasonably priced).

Darknyht

Darknyht

Picked up Pokken Tournament, Watch_Dogs, and Okami (Wii) today at GameStop today. They appear again to be clearing out pre-owned with a buy 2 get 3 free for all systems.

Darknyht

Taffy

Just bought Watch_Dogs and Injustice: Gods Among Us. Still have 9 dics games to get and a bunch of virtual console games seeing as there isn't going to be one on the Switch (still haven't got that yet)

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

HobbitGamer

Grabbed ME3 for $0.51, that was a steal. Started playing gamepad only the other night, and it is definitely a fresh experience to hold a Mass Effect game in a (somewhat) portable. I died on Wave 1, though. I am super rusty.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Cobalt

@JackEatsSparrows

Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U is one of the best 3rd party experience... The gamepad is a real plus for the overall experience.

Cobalt

Gamecubed

I finally got Nintendoland for $5 at a thrift store (along with a couple of sealed 360 games for $3). Also slowly trying to get some more Virtual Console stuff since the Switch seemingly isn't going to ever have VC.

Gamecubed

Sakura7

Game 3 for 2 finally picked up Yoshi's Woolly World and Kirby's Paintbrush this weekend. All I am really missing now is Tokyo Mirage (and Project Zero but that's going for silly money). Third game was Dragons Dogma for Xbox One which was, perhaps surisingly, the game I was really after but 3 for 2 deal too good to pass up. All 3 for £30.

Sakura7

Darknyht

Grabbed Sonic Colors (Wii) and Need for Speed U for $20 while on the road. I think I am finally down to cherry picking Wii games when the prices are right, although Call of Duty: Ghosts is on the radar still.

Darknyht

Taffy

Just ordered Lego Marvel Avengers, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham & Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Anyone know if the DLC is worth it for TMS #FE?

EDIT: Forget to include Sniper Elite V2 & Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in that lot

Edited on by Taffy

Starburst

Bought Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival for $2 at gamestop. Already have the Amiibo so I figured why not.

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 5343-8418-9364 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Darknyht

@Taffy I ended up with a Special Edition of the game, and the DLC is mostly extra costumes and a special dungeon that let's you easily power up different character stats.

I picked up LEGO: Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Zak & Wiki for $10 at GameStop.

Darknyht

Taffy

@421Darknyht thanks for that, went and download the lot along with the Lego Avengers DLC. Injustice DLC is just crazy but will download that all at some point.

In other news just bought Rayman: Legends and James Bond 007 Legends

gcunit

@Taffy Please update with your thoughts on the James Bond game.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

My Wii U games i have in physical so far (USA version) :
1. Mario Kart 8
2. Super Mario 3D World
3. Nintendoland
4. Wii Party U
5. Paper Mario Color Splash
6. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014
7. LEGO CITY Undercover

Will consider for the Finale :
8. Wii Fit U
9. ???
10. ???

Please help me for Wii U games with "???" for my Finale. The games should be :
1. Definetely NOT rated 18+ games
2. USA version only
3. No Soccer / Basketball
4. No Shovelware Party games
5. No shooting games
6. Lesser Actions, More cutesy
7. Not tied with Gamepad only
8. No eshop only games, i'm looking for physical games.
9. No Western franchises such as Transformer / Star Wars / etc
10. No Marvel heroes or any Western superheroes

Thank you.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Darknyht

@gcunit James Bond 007 Legends is a very by the numbers shooter with some frustrating stealth sections. I picked it up and resold it because it honestly wasn't very good. If you really love Bond, then it might be for you but otherwise I would avoid it.

@Anti-Matter Yarn Yoshi and Captain Toad are the only other two that I can think of that fits your requirements. I would say a physical edition of Shovel Knight but that is more action/less cutesy.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic