Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 341 to 360 of 556

Darknyht

Snagged Sing Party, Zombi U, Ninja Gaiden 3, and The LEGO Movie Game for $10 at GameStop this afternoon. They have a 4 for $10 sale on anything less than $4.99.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

gcunit

@Darknyht Nice. I have those apart from the LEGO game - need to work on that.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Darknyht

@gcunit It is very apparent that Gamestop is in the process of dumping their Wii/Wii U inventory. Thankfully there is a retro gaming store not far from me, but I think that this probably means the prices will start creeping upwards soon. I am trying to get everything I am interested in (even a little).

Darknyht

TheCurator

@Darknyht Lucky YOU

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

Darknyht

@TheCurator I've lived here over two years and only just found it, so it was a bit of random luck more than anything. And close is still a 20 mile drive for me. It is just that I have a very different perception of what is a unreasonable drive (I commute roughly 50 miles each way to work).

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Banjo-

tedko wrote:

@Tyranexx Other M is not nearly as bad as a lot of people say. Have fun!

I just picked up Twilight Princess HD for cheap. I never buy remakes like that at full price. It's been fun revisiting that particular version of Hyrule.

Twilight Princess HD is a fabulous remaster of one of the best games that Nintendo has ever made. It has those bits of darkness and mystery, great dungeons, awesome items, vastly improved visuals... Enjoy!

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@Tyranexx I'll be the other side and say that I didn't really like Other M, but that was years ago and I don't remember why. It just didn't hook me like the others such as Prime did.

Same here, I didn't like either the story nor the gameplay. Even visually is a step backwards, except for the flashy cut-scenes.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Cobalt

Other M is a pure catastrophy for me.

The overall quality has dropped drastically when you compare to the previous entries.

Ok you can learn some stuffs about Samus, ok you get some infos about the mission on Zebes BUT DAMN, what the bloody hell is that ridiculous dodge move ? Playing Metroid is not playing Ninja Gaiden...

The game on all the plans is inferior to the Primes... Visuals, music, gameplay, level design...
No theme was taken from the old games (except the theme of launching the game and another that does not concern a music linked to a map.)

There are far too many savepoints... it breaks the mood of the game and makes the progress too easy (1/3 of the savepoints present in the game would have been enough). It's really a Metroid for casual gamers... like metroid and casual could fit in the same sentence... :/

Low exploration opportunities compared to previous games... It's the essence of a Metroid game... Dammit !

The enemies are repetitives as hell... there is a big lack of variety.

Samus can reload her missiles through a Wiimote manipulation so I do not understand why she can have more than 50 of them ? (It's totally incoherent because even with 10 missiles, you could finish the game.)

When you save you game, Samus missiles recharge to the maximum ! How is it possible to be in need of missiles ? LOL

Impossible to skip the cutscenes if you want to...

When you compare the first sector with the other ones, god you clearly feel that they rushed the game... :/

Other M is not a well made game, it's only a game with lot of flaws, totally unworthy of previous episodes...

To conclude, a great game for casual gamers or for people who don't really know the Metroid univers...

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

SKTTR

@Cobalt Your conclusion is a far off. I'm certainly not a casual gamer, and I know and own and completed pretty much everything that has Metroid written on it somewhere. And Other M happens to be one of my favourites. Top 3 Metroid game, highly enjoyable from beginning to end, 10/10 along with Super Metroid and Metroid Prime Trilogy. There certainly is controversy about lots of different things in Other M, but nothing big enough to damper my excitement in the slightest. I was totally absorbed completing this twisted masterpiece.

What are your favourite Metroid games?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Cobalt

@SKTTR

My favorites are basically ALL of them :

Metroid
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Prime: Hunter
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

The bad ones are those : Metroid Other M and Metroid Prime Federation Force.

Cobalt

Moroboshi876

Toki Tori 1 and 2. Cheaper than Switch versions when they were on sale. And they give me reasons to play my Wii U in 2018.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

SKTTR

@Cobalt And What was the one that got you into Metroid big time?

@Moroboshi876 Toki Tori 1 & 2 are excellent picks. I also have both of them on Wii U (and the second one on Switch as well). Those games have some truly mindblowing level designs and puzzles.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Cobalt

@SKTTR

My first time with Metroid NES ! Fun fact : it wasn't my game but the one of a friend and at that time we called Samus... METROID ! LOL Yeah, for us, the character was METROID... I know that's ridiculous but it was like that...

Cobalt

Tyranexx

I just grabbed a used copy of Super Paper Mario from GameStop earlier. I know it has its haters, but a lot of people seem to like it as well. I figured $10 was worth the risk.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Darknyht

@Tyranexx It's not a bad game, but it was a letdown after the fantastic Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door for GameCube. It took me playing Color Spash to realize that Super Paper Mario really wasn't horrible.

Darknyht

Tyranexx

I've decided to delve into the RPG side of Mario after so long and decided to dig into the Paper Mario series after I finished Super Mario RPG a few months ago. I started with Color Splash as it was gifted to me a couple of years ago. I'm sort of close to finishing it; while I don't think it's a bad game per se, the decisions made with the combat system make me wonder what the team was thinking. I sometimes avoid combat in the best RPGs for various reasons, but never has a game made me actively dread it.

I'll be avoiding Sticker Star like the plague. At least Color Splash's writing is entertaining at times....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SuperLuigi111

Once I get paid I'm either going to get Twilight Princess HD or Devil's Third. Probably the former though.

SuperLuigi111

HobbitGamer

I grabbed AC3 on Tuesday. The day Starlink came out. So I obviously haven’t played it yet. (it’s ok, I played it on 360)

I liked Other M and live Super Paper Mario. Come at me

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Darknyht

Picked up a copy of the Wii Ghostbusters for vWii mode. I've actually been playing a lot of that mode lately (Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Epic Mickey). I am somewhat surprised by how much I am enjoying them, and how little the graphics are an issue when there was good art direction. Still looking to pick up a few more Nintendo Wii titles on my hit list that are down around $5 used.

Darknyht

Taffy

Just got Paper Mario: Colour Splash retail and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from the recent discount

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

gcunit

@Darknyht Let me know your thoughts on Ghostbusters. My kid loves Ghostbusters so if the game is decent I'd love to try it with him.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic