Forums

Topic: Your latest Wii U purchase!

Posts 321 to 340 of 556

Dreamliner

Can there be a reverse purchase commentary?

I just off loaded Mario Maker, Pikmin 3 and NES Remix Pack.

Mario Maker has never been fun for me (I don't care about level building and finding good levels to play that aren't gimmicky is practically impossible. Plus when Nintendo kills Wii U online it will be completely worthless. Pikmin 3 just isn't for me. NES Remix is better suited to the 3DS (I quite like Ultimate NES Remix 3DS).

The only thing I want is the extended GamePad battery but I just can't justify giving $45 to Nintendo for it.

My final game tally I'm keeping:

For the Wii U:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Donkey Dong Country: Tropical Freeze
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Kart 8
New Super Mario Bros U / Luigi U
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Rayman Legends
StarFox Zero
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Yoshi's Woolly World

For the Wii:
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid: Other M
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I might add a couple to the list, but I can't really think of much. I'm a big fan of Nintendo first party titles, obviously.

I hope Nintendo goes gangbusters on the Switch with GameCube and Wii HD remasters. I'll buy them all!

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Sargon

With the Switch presentation and sunsetting of the Wii U, the normal reaction is probably for people to sell and/or move on from Wii U and shift their focus to the Switch.

Although I do have a Switch pre-order, my reaction was the exact opposite. I went on a spending spree to pick up a bunch of the Wii U games that I didn't already own, thinking that prices will mostly go up from here.

Over the past couple weeks, I have purchased:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors
LEGO City Undercover
Giana Sisters
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2
Pikmin 3
Planes
Yoshi's Woolly World

I may just be crazy, but has anyone else had a similar plan of attack? I'm probably done for now, but still have a few holes to fill in my Wii U collection over time.

Sargon

Gamecubed

Just got Captain Toad, Paper Mario and Your Shape Fitness (it was $3). I also have Splatoon and Shantae in the mail. Bought them mostly using gift cards I had sitting around.

Trying to get the last few Wii U games I want. Just Pokken Tournament left and I have Darksiders and Zelda on preorder. May get Mario Party and couple of the Lego games if they're decently priced.

EDIT: I've kind of gone into this panic mode where I'm worried that with the Wii U being discontinued, the games will become difficult to find within a year.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

Tyranexx

I finally downloaded Metroid Prime Trilogy last night, so those of you who were telling me to get it can rest easier now. I plan on starting the first game soon.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dogorilla

Breath of the Wild. Surprised I'm the first person to say that.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Tyranexx

[Walks in, looks around, has a sneezing fit, and dusts off the thread]

[Forget it, I'm power washing instead!]

[Walks back in to sparkly clean topic]

I picked up Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker this evening, complete with the Amiibo. I'm planning on this being my final physical Wii U purchase for the time being.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

MarioBrax

Paper Mario Color Splash, which didn't turn out so bad, actually. R.I.P. Wii U.

#5 Mario fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5307-8087-8408 | My Nintendo: MarioBrax | Nintendo Network ID: MarioBrax | Twitter:

ErrantEmbers

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. I bought all the AC amiibos too because they were on deep discount at Gamestop and Toys R Us. The game was on discount at Gamestop for $10, the amiibos were $4 apiece there, and at TRU they were buy 1 get 2 free. So I was able to get all of that for less than $100. The game is NOT as bad as I thought to be honest. A little boring but relaxing. Certainly not the worst game ever. If anything I love the series and now I have all the amiibos!

ErrantEmbers

Tyranexx

This probably belongs in the Wii forum (found this topic first), but as I intend to play this on my Wii U anyway....

Untitled

Yes, I can hear you wailing and booing back there. Don't worry, I truly know what I'm getting myself into. Apparently there's some decent gameplay buried behind the not-well-received story.

teko

@Tyranexx Other M is not nearly as bad as a lot of people say. Have fun!

I just picked up Twilight Princess HD for cheap. I never buy remakes like that at full price. It's been fun revisiting that particular version of Hyrule.

switch fc: SW-6081-8793-0424

Tyranexx

@tedko: Thanks! I'm willing to give the game a chanc anyway; it's hard not to when it can be found really cheap online. XD

Enjoy Twilight Princess HD! I just played it a few months ago and enjoyed revisiting its version of Hyrule. It's by far one of my favorite Zelda games.

Darknyht

Skylander's Imaginators: Portal Owner's Pack from Wal-Mart for $4

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

TheCurator

Just bought, installed, and updated FINALLY the LOZ The Breath of the Wild. Wow it's such a different type of Zelda game. It reminds me a lot of what they intended to do with The Wind Waker. The world is mostly empty. The one thing though that I don't like is technical. It has to do with the frame drop. At the beginning of the section at the Great Plateau I encountered heavy frame drop walking around the grass for no reason.

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

SuperLuigi111

FreezeME. Major disappointment

SuperLuigi111

link3710

@TheCurator Yeah, those are whenever you cross over a load line. I think they were mostly patched on Switch. Either that or I just don't notice anymore.

link3710

Darknyht

Just re-ordered a used copy of Endless Ocean for the kids. They have been studying the ocean and wanted to give them an interactive way to explore, plus when I previously owned the game there was just something relaxing to it. Going to mess around with the Dolphin emulator to see how good it looks upscaled on the Mac, although I need to track down a regular Wiimote to do it.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Cobalt

For those, who like me, had a pre order on the best physical version of AXIOM VERGE, meaning the Wii U version, let me tell you that the date of the 15th October is CANCELED ! :/

Now I have the final confirmation that AXIOM VERGE will never reach my Wii U...

With that said, from today until my last breath, I boycott every single games published by BADLAND Publishing.

It was more than a year that they had my money, more than a F....... year and now I just got a message that the game is cancelled AND that they CANNOT PAY ME BACK INSTANTLY but that I have TO WAIT ALMOST A MONTH to get my money back.

Just insane.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

fortius54

@Tyranexx I'm with @tedko. The Other M is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I really enjoyed the gameplay. I enjoyed the action. The only real bad part of the game was how it painted Samus. She just seems a little more winy then most people envision. I don't think this is a bad purchase at all.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

Tyranexx

@Cobalt: That's disappointing, but at least they're bothering to pay you back at all. I was considering getting Axiom Verge on the Wii U, but I may put it off until I get a Switch at this point.

@fortius54: It's definitely a risk I'm willing to take. Thanks for reaffirming my purchase!

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: I'm willing to take a chance with it, mainly because of how cheap it was to get and because I've started craving some Metroid action again. XD It's been almost a year since I finished MP3, though I suppose I do still have Samus Returns on 3DS backlogged....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic