Forums

Topic: Your Guess as to this year's surprise E3 Wii U Announcement(s)

Posts 321 to 340 of 448

triforcepower73

I'm really dying for a new Animal Crossing. A Wii U title would be amazing. Also I really would LOVE to see a Wii U Kid Icarus game. The 3DS KI was the best looking game on the system imo. I can't imagine how amazing a home console game would look and play.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

VoodooTrumpet

What new features are there rumored to be in the new Animal Crossing? A greater emphasis on online I imagine?

I assume Amiibo compatibility will be included so Mario, Link, etc. can move into your town.

Edited on by VoodooTrumpet

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

DefHalan

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

What new features are there rumored to be in the new Animal Crossing? A greater emphasis on online I imagine?

I assume Amiibo compatibility will be included so Mario, Link, etc. can move into your town.

I would guess the ability to move to a friends town and become a normal character in their game. You can ask them for help or ask them for a particular item, and they can do the same to you just they are the mayor and so only they can organize the town how they want, you just live there and pay for things lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

Please no Animal Crossing. Not interested in the franchise at all.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

So because you don't like it, no one else should have it?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I'm totally being selfish here, but if they are making an Animal Crossing for Wii U, it means that there is some other game that they didn't make. I'd rather it be that other game.

Also, I think the series really belongs on handhelds at this point.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I'm totally being selfish here, but if they are making an Animal Crossing for Wii U, it means that there is some other game that they didn't make. I'd rather it be that other game.

They should make a Tomodachi Life Wii U game instead.

Also I think the series belongs on Home Consoles, it is not a game I can boot up and play for 5 minutes, play sessions normally have to be about a hour, which is pretty bad for a device that has 3 hour battery life.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Apparently Kyoto EAD 2 is the sole developer for Splatoon which... which makes no sense, frankly. They've only really made the 'Wii' games and Animal Crossing to date. They must've got some new members, otherwise I don't see how a casual game dev can suddenly turn into a dev that makes action-based platform / shooters...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SuperWiiU

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Apparently Kyoto EAD 2 is the sole developer for Splatoon which... which makes no sense, frankly. They've only really made the 'Wii' games and Animal Crossing to date. They must've got some new members, otherwise I don't see how a casual game dev can suddenly turn into a dev that makes action-based platform / shooters...

That doesn't rule out the developers having experience with action games in either education, hobby projects or previous work. But as Splatoon seems like a big title for Nintendo it would be logical that they've put some extra people on it(with relevant experience).

Grumblevolcano

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

My guess is the same as every year. And every year I cry remembering F-Zero is dead and instead enjoy the other cool new stuff Nintendo reveals.

But this time Nintendo makes the obvious troll move, start out in Port Town and then reveal it's part of Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 3/4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

unrandomsam

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

My guess is the same as every year. And every year I cry remembering F-Zero is dead and instead enjoy the other cool new stuff Nintendo reveals.

But this time Nintendo makes the obvious troll move, start out in Port Town and then reveal it's part of Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 3/4.

If it comes with 250cc things are improving slowly.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

The dev team that works on Animal Crossing doesn't work on a lot of exciting stuff, except for Splatoon now, but they could probably squeeze in an Animal Crossing game in 2016 as well.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

The dev team that works on Animal Crossing doesn't work on a lot of exciting stuff, except for Splatoon now, but they could probably squeeze in an Animal Crossing game in 2016 as well.

I would happily play a "Wii" series game over Animal Crossing.

-Juice-

I hate the whole "IF THEY MAKE THIS THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE SO I'M GOING TO HATE THIS" mindset some gamers have. They have more than one group working on projects you know. Sometimes I wish gaming companies ignored fans and just made the games that they wanted to make, because fans don't know crap.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

MIDP

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I hate the whole "IF THEY MAKE THIS THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE SO I'M GOING TO HATE THIS" mindset some gamers have. They have more than one group working on projects you know. Sometimes I wish gaming companies ignored fans and just made the games that they wanted to make, because fans don't know crap.

Well spoken

3DS Name: MIDP
3DS FC: 3866 - 7999 - 9116

iKhan

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

They do, but they only have so many groups working and so much space in the release schedule.

Also, if the Wii U were like the 3DS had had an enormous backcatalog of great games (hence why I was okay with stuff like Mario Golf: World Tour, again not for me), I wouldn't mind, but the Wii U has a kiddie pool sized library. Each game that's not for me dilutes the library significantly, and each great game improves the library significantly

Edited on by iKhan

Bolt_Strike

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Sometimes I wish gaming companies ignored fans and just made the games that they wanted to make, because fans don't know crap.

Except the fans are the ones buying their games, so making what they want without any regard for consumer demand is financial suicide.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh-ho-hoo, that's be cruel; deliciously so. That's practically a Final Fantasy 7 Remaster-level troll. But, hey, more Mario Kart DLC is never a bad thing (and the least they could do would be to add Captain Falcon).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see more DLC because, even though it'd be a lot of DLC for one game, Mario Kart 8 is the Wii U's second best selling game. That and I imagine that there aren't many unannounced games yet to be released on Wii U. I'm anticipate that development for games for the next console has already started, so I could see additional Mario Kart DLC to appease fans.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

InterwebUser

Haru17 wrote:

InterwebUser wrote:

I'm hoping they add GameCube adapter support for Wii U games other than Sm4sh. Seriously, how is this not a thing yet?

Is the pro controller really that unpleasant?

I actually prefer the Pro Controller. Buuuut I only have 1 pro controller and 4 GC controllers and an adapter. It'd be nice to have extra non-Wiimotes for MK8 and other games without breaking the bank on more Pro Controllers.

InterwebUser

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.