Forums

Topic: You owe yourself a Wii U

Posts 201 to 220 of 236

shaneoh

jariw wrote:

Well, if you dislike LEGO, it doesn't. If you dislike GTA-style games, it doesn't. If you only want multiplayer, it doesn't. If you dislike Charles Martinet's voice, it doesn't. If you dislike long loading times, it doesn't.

What kind of sicko is not going to like all these (except the load time, but then I don't believe it is any worse than other games I've played on other platforms (both Nintendo and others))?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

2Sang

shaneoh wrote:

2Sang wrote:

>Lego City Undercover
>inferring it's better than The last of us, awakening, ACNL, Mario World 3d, Devil May Cry, PIkmin 3, W101, Luigi's Mansion, bioshock infinite, Pokemon X/Y, and A link between worlds.

lol you can't be serious. It's not even close to any of those games I listed, let alone all of them.

Have played FE:A, ACNL, Pikmin 3, W101, LM:DM, Bioshoch Infinite, X/Y and Link Between Worlds
You're right it's not close, it surpasses

I can no longer take anyone seriously in this thread after this post. Nobody old enough to use the internet can possibly have this poor taste in gaming. I'm feeling a mixture of laughing and confusion right now. In fact, I'm finding this weirder than licking flagpoles.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

jariw

2Sang wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

2Sang wrote:

>Lego City Undercover
>inferring it's better than The last of us, awakening, ACNL, Mario World 3d, Devil May Cry, PIkmin 3, W101, Luigi's Mansion, bioshock infinite, Pokemon X/Y, and A link between worlds.

lol you can't be serious. It's not even close to any of those games I listed, let alone all of them.

Have played FE:A, ACNL, Pikmin 3, W101, LM:DM, Bioshoch Infinite, X/Y and Link Between Worlds
You're right it's not close, it surpasses

I can no longer take anyone seriously in this thread after this post. Nobody old enough to use the internet can possibly have this poor taste in gaming. I'm feeling a mixture of laughing and confusion right now. In fact, I'm finding this weirder than licking flagpoles.

So you have taken this thread seriously before...? How do you know about the gaming taste of an individual, when you judge it by a game you haven't played? Is it that difficult for you to see the taste in games might vary among different users? What is your definition of a "good" taste in gaming - and why?

jariw

2Sang

@jariw
Yes, I thought there were some actually some good points made for the wii u earlier in this thread, but if you're going to say lego city undercover is GOTY of 2013, I'm done. I can't argue for a point that the opposition lives in a bubble. I don't hate lego city, but the fact that it has been a selling point is a sign of the problems of the wii u. It certainly couldn't be a goty either.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

AlexSays

Zombie U is called a masterpiece like Ocarina of Time by some on this site.
Sometimes its better just to sit back and laugh

AlexSays

mipaol

I love ZombiU, I'd nominate that for GOTY if it didn't come out in 2012.

@2Sang even I can't really argue about how many who play games solely on Nintendo consoles live in a bubble, but it is a comfortable bubble, free of many of the shall we say, community shenanigans and rated mature but pretty immature games that plague the "third party" consoles.

One need only spend a few minutes on Youtube to see what sort of immature lewd crap people get up to on the online networks of the two third party consoles, the majority of which simply doesn't exist on Nintendo Network because it's flat out not tolerated, something I think for many is a strong point in favor of Nintendo Network/Wii U.

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Jazzer94

Zombie U was a terrible game brought it for £5 was able to sell it for £6 two days later thankfully, I can't imagine anyone rating it as high as OOT that just seems insane to me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

mipaol

ZombiU has great atmosphere, their were moments where I genuinely dreaded moving around a dark corner, that's something I seldom feel in modern survival horror games, and it made good use of the Wii U gamepad too instead of just using it as a second playing screen.

I would love to see more games like ZombiU on the U, at the very least I think ZombiU will be remembered by many as the Wii U's equivalent of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Gamecube.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Jazzer94

mipaol wrote:

ZombiU has great atmosphere, their were moments where I genuinely dreaded moving around a dark corner, that's something I seldom feel in modern survival horror games, and it made good use of the Wii U gamepad too instead of just using it as a second playing screen.

I would love to see more games like ZombiU on the U, at the very least I think ZombiU will be remembered by many as the Wii U's equivalent of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Gamecube.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem was actually a good game though Zombie U was poorly made and looked far more interesting when it was this.
Untitled
Also Zombi U was clearly rushed and unfinished some of the bugs in that game are just silly.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shaneoh

2Sang wrote:

You're right, a nice looking, reasonably lengthy, nicely scored, humours storied, divine to play game is for the infants. I'm a grown man for god's sake. I should be playing gritty brown-grey FPS with minimal plot against juvenile acting opponents and team-mates.

Or, hell, I could be playing AC:NL as you mentioned earlier, because that's GOTY worthy and anyone who doesn't enjoy it must lack "taste."

As "taste" in gaming goes, there is none finer than my palate, and I'm more than willing to taste a game (several times if need be) to determine if it is a game worth appreciating.

Untitled
GOTY

GOTY

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

2Sang

mipaol wrote:

I love ZombiU, I'd nominate that for GOTY if it didn't come out in 2012.

@2Sang even I can't really argue about how many who play games solely on Nintendo consoles live in a bubble, but it is a comfortable bubble, free of many of the shall we say, community shenanigans and rated mature but pretty immature games that plague the "third party" consoles.

One need only spend a few minutes on Youtube to see what sort of immature lewd crap people get up to on the online networks of the two third party consoles, the majority of which simply doesn't exist on Nintendo Network because it's flat out not tolerated, something I think for many is a strong point in favor of Nintendo Network/Wii U.

You should read the comments on the smash bros miiverse page, in 5 minutes you'll contemplate suicide. Goku, Mickey Mouse, and Nelson Mandela. Some are joking, but there are certainly plenty of serious requests that are insane.

@shaneoh
http://www.operatorchan.org/n/src/139829252492.jpg

mipaol

shaneoh wrote:

You're right, a nice looking, reasonably lengthy, nicely scored, humours storied, divine to play game is for the infants. I'm a grown man for god's sake. I should be playing gritty brown-grey FPS with minimal plot against juvenile acting opponents and team-mates.

Just goes to show how often the "mature" rated games are the most immature games out of the lot.

I'll take a Lego game over a military shooter any day, theirs enough of that shooter crap in the world as it is without it being glorified as entertainment as well.

Untitled

@2Sang lol to me that's something to be grateful for, that one of the major gripes about the Nintendo community are odd choices for Smash Bros characters and not foul mouthed people screaming into headsets or people on video chat.

Edited on by theblackdragon

2Sang

@mipaol Undercover isn't your goty though is it really? Even if you hate anything but nintendo, there's so many nintendo games that are so much better like pikmin 3, mario 3d world, a link between worlds, pokemon x/y, awakening, ACNL, a ton of really good eshop games, and super luigi u.

shingi_70

2Sang wrote:

@mipaol Undercover isn't your goty though is it really? Even if you hate anything but nintendo, there's so many nintendo games that are so much better like pikmin 3, mario 3d world, a link between worlds, pokemon x/y, awakening, ACNL, a ton of really good eshop games, and super luigi u.

GOTY is pretty subjective dude. My 2012 game of the year was The Walking Dead and that's arubly not a game. My GOTY for last year was State of decay despite playing games better than it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

2Sang

shingi_70 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

GOTY is pretty subjective dude. My 2012 game of the year was The Walking Dead and that's arubly not a game. My GOTY for last year was State of decay despite playing games better than it.

Of course it's subjective (unless I say so because I'm objectively objective haha) because gaming is an art, but I just don't see how anyone could choose undercover. I mean, that's like saying a 3rd grade art project is better than the mona lisa when you compare undercover to games like a link between worlds and awakening. I can't prove it with evidence because to some extent, it's objective. I can say that undercover hasn't sold well, or that awakening or sm3dw had near perfect ratings, but that isn't enough evidence, so I can only point to the sky and say it's blue. I can't make someone change their mind if they think it's green.

JoyBoy

Heh?.....

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

DualWielding

@mipaol m rated games are not only military shooters and immature titles...... great games have been M rated even in the 3DS you have great M rated title like Zero Escape VLR and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies...

PSN: Fertheseeker

shingi_70

2Sang wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Of course it's subjective (unless I say so because I'm objectively objective haha) because gaming is an art, but I just don't see how anyone could choose undercover. I mean, that's like saying a 3rd grade art project is better than the mona lisa when you compare undercover to games like a link between worlds and awakening. I can't prove it with evidence because to some extent, it's objective. I can say that undercover hasn't sold well, or that awakening or sm3dw had near perfect ratings, but that isn't enough evidence, so I can only point to the sky and say it's blue. I can't make someone change their mind if they think it's green.

Well you also have to take into account age, resctrions, taste, etc. I know someone who's GOTY was Lego marvel based on the fact that the game is a marvel love letter, igonorinv to them the pitfalls of Lego gameplay.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

2Sang wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

If you hate the Mona Lisa you might choose that art project above it. Someone could also really enjoy that type of art project, and it could be from a prodigy.

Jaz007

mipaol

@2Sang no so far my GOTY would be Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, although I suspect Mario Kart 8 will trump DKC:TF pretty easily. To be honest I've yet to even play a Lego game on the Wii U, too many other games to get through first.

ferthepoet wrote:

@mipaol m rated games are not only military shooters and immature titles...... great games have been M rated even in the 3DS you have great M rated title like Zero Escape VLR and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies...

Aye hence I used the word often and not always, their are of course tons of rated M games that offer what I would define as mature content, off the top of my head (and a quick glance at my collection) ZombiU and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge come to mind.

Edited on by mipaol

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.