Forums

Topic: You owe yourself a Wii U

Posts 181 to 200 of 236

Bolt_Strike

Show me 2-3 more games in the same league as Mario Kart 8 and then we'll talk.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

2Sang

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's rediuculous to require being a huge fan and watching something over and over again in order to even say whether or not you liked it. Like Jaz said, you don't need to right a college essay just to say whether or not you liked a movie.

If you're a huge fan, why wouldn't you have watched it over and over again? And sure, you don't need to write an essay to say whether or not you liked a movie, but you basically need to be able to so you can argue your opinion over it. If someone else wants to know why you like Movie X and all you can say is "I liked it" or "Well, the plot was good", that's not enough to really and properly argue your point.

Back to what started all of this, 2Sang doesn't own a Wii U and has only had short bursts on demo stations. His opinion on the Wii U and/or the GamePad, positive or negative, won't have as much impact in an argument as someone who owns a Wii U and a variety of games that show off both the system and the GamePad usage.

This was a 100 level marketing course kind of question.

Give it a read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

You're actually going to have more of a bias because you obviously have a very high brand loyalty and are very unlikely to criticize them despite anything good or bad they may do. Someone who doesn't own any of the modern generation home consoles would be best to judge which is better. You are wrong with facts.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's rediuculous to require being a huge fan and watching something over and over again in order to even say whether or not you liked it. Like Jaz said, you don't need to right a college essay just to say whether or not you liked a movie.

If you're a huge fan, why wouldn't you have watched it over and over again? And sure, you don't need to write an essay to say whether or not you liked a movie, but you basically need to be able to so you can argue your opinion over it. If someone else wants to know why you like Movie X and all you can say is "I liked it" or "Well, the plot was good", that's not enough to really and properly argue your point.

Back to what started all of this, 2Sang doesn't own a Wii U and has only had short bursts on demo stations. His opinion on the Wii U and/or the GamePad, positive or negative, won't have as much impact in an argument as someone who owns a Wii U and a variety of games that show off both the system and the GamePad usage.

Give it a read

You're actually going to have more of a bias because you obviously have a very high brand loyalty and are very unlikely to criticize them despite anything good or bad they may do. Someone who doesn't own any of the modern generation home consoles would be best to judge which is better. You are wrong with facts.

I concede to your vast knowledge.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Eel

Gee I guess I should start asking random people on the street their opinion on games instead of reading reviews here.

As long as they don't own any games it should be fine.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

2Sang

@kyuubikid213
thank you. I try.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

2Sang

Moorpheel wrote:

Gee I guess I should start asking random people on the street their opinion on games instead of reading reviews here.

As long as they don't own any games it should be fine.

Given that they played each console equally, yes. But you're looking for the best games on a nintendo console, so it's not the same. If you were looking for the best console, then yes.

jariw

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Give it a read

What does biased opinions have to do with anything? There isn't one single gamer who doesn't have biased opinions. The point is that if you have just seen the trailer of a movie, you haven't seen the movie. If you have just played a demo, you haven't played the game. If you have just read the back of a book, you haven't read the book. And so on.

jariw

Hy8ogen

I have a virtual boy. So I win.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

2Sang

jariw wrote:

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Give it a read

What does biased opinions have to do with anything? There isn't one single gamer who doesn't have biased opinions. The point is that if you have just seen the trailer of a movie, you haven't seen the movie. If you have just played a demo, you haven't played the game. If you have just read the back of a book, you haven't read the book. And so on.

By that logic, you have no right to say that mario or zelda is better than every call of duty game (assuming you're not a brogamer) unless you've played and beaten every one in the franchise. Also ET for the Atari can't be said to be a bad game because you haven't beaten it.

2Sang

Hy8ogen wrote:

I have a virtual boy. So I win.

Lucky. But if you're being serious, you should store it away safely because they do go for quite a pretty penny these days. Same goes for a functioning ROB.

SCRAPPER392

@2sang
Well, some people decide which console is best, based on the best games of said console.

In my book, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Zelda always win. I would say Starfox or F-Zero, but they aren't making them(to my knowledge).
Even if Xbox Live is doing things Wii U isn't, Wii U still has the games I want. The same goes for media options. I didn't buy an Xbox One for media, even though it does those things.

Also, the graphics can be amazing, but that doesn't mean the game itself is amazing.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

jariw

2Sang wrote:

By that logic, you have no right to say that mario or zelda is better than every call of duty game (assuming you're not a brogamer) unless you've played and beaten every one in the franchise. Also ET for the Atari can't be said to be a bad game because you haven't beaten it.

Absolutely, and I have never said so and will never say so. And why should I? But I could say things like getting nearly everything in Tropical Freeze is a quite different game than just playing a few courses of it, because I have experienced both.

A game like ET could be said to be a buggy game though, if it has documented and confirmed bugs that affected gameplay. Such bugs are not based on personal opinion.

jariw

Jaz007

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Give it a read

Neither is better as a fact though, so you're logic is flawed there. And two, someone who owns all of them would be the best person to judge according to that logic, because then he would have that same bias for all of them, Or you know, find someone who generally can avoid such bias. You could also find someone who has gotten them all for free as gifts, or because they are a professional critic. The they wouldn't have such bias then. Games are also a very subjective thing, so having good personal experience would also be valuable, as opposed to a blender which is something more mechanical, and is more fact based.

Jaz007

2Sang

Jaz007 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Give it a read

Neither is better as a fact though, so you're logic is flawed there. And two, someone who owns all of them would be the best person to judge according to that logic, because then he would have that same bias for all of them, Or you know, find someone who generally can avoid such bias. You could also find someone who has gotten them all for free as gifts, or because they are a professional critic. The they wouldn't have such bias then. Games are also a very subjective thing, so having good personal experience would also be valuable, as opposed to a blender which is something more mechanical, and is more fact based.

True, but where are you going to find a consumer who has all 3 systems and has played extensively many games for a long period of time on each console? Trick quesion: In his mother's basement lol. But yeah, that would be best, and generally those places are sites like IGN and most of them have shown preference to the xbone and ps4 over the wii u.

Jaz007

2Sang wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Give it a read

True, but where are you going to find a consumer who has all 3 systems and has played extensively many games for a long period of time on each console? Trick quesion: In his mother's basement lol. But yeah, that would be best, and generally those places are sites like IGN and most of them have shown preference to the xbone and ps4 over the wii u.

Doesn't judging one thing to better than another like this require preference? How would you do it elsewise. It's just a list of features and bugs without it.

Jaz007

shaneoh

2Sang wrote:

Lego city undercover....no....just....no
You know the Wii U is in a drought when Lego City undercover is still considered one of the best games for the system. I'm not saying it's awful, but it's definitely no Zelda.

Or because LC:U is truly a fantastic game (should have got GOTY)

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tl;dr but as much as judging a game in 15 minutes is a bad idea, certain games need to learn how to have better first impressions with gameplay and Wii U is below average by Nintendo standards in this regard

If I gave up after 15 minutes with a game then I would never have experienced the awesomeness of Deus Ex

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

2Sang

shaneoh wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Lego city undercover....no....just....no
You know the Wii U is in a drought when Lego City undercover is still considered one of the best games for the system. I'm not saying it's awful, but it's definitely no Zelda.

Or because LC:U is truly a fantastic game (should have got GOTY)

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tl;dr but as much as judging a game in 15 minutes is a bad idea, certain games need to learn how to have better first impressions with gameplay and Wii U is below average by Nintendo standards in this regard

If I gave up after 15 minutes with a game then I would never have experienced the awesomeness of Deus Ex

>Lego City Undercover
>inferring it's better than The last of us, awakening, ACNL, Mario World 3d, Devil May Cry, PIkmin 3, W101, Luigi's Mansion, bioshock infinite, Pokemon X/Y, and A link between worlds.

lol you can't be serious. It's not even close to any of those games I listed, let alone all of them.

mipaol

Hy8ogen wrote:

I have a virtual boy. So I have glaucoma.

Went ahead and fixed that for ya.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

shaneoh

2Sang wrote:

>Lego City Undercover
>inferring it's better than The last of us, awakening, ACNL, Mario World 3d, Devil May Cry, PIkmin 3, W101, Luigi's Mansion, bioshock infinite, Pokemon X/Y, and A link between worlds.

lol you can't be serious. It's not even close to any of those games I listed, let alone all of them.

Have played FE:A, ACNL, Pikmin 3, W101, LM:DM, Bioshoch Infinite, X/Y and Link Between Worlds
You're right it's not close, it surpasses

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

jariw

shaneoh wrote:

2Sang wrote:

>Lego City Undercover

Have played FE:A, ACNL, Pikmin 3, W101, LM:DM, Bioshoch Infinite, X/Y and Link Between Worlds
You're right it's not close, it surpasses

Well, if you dislike LEGO, it doesn't. If you dislike GTA-style games, it doesn't. If you only want multiplayer, it doesn't. If you dislike Charles Martinet's voice, it doesn't. If you dislike long loading times, it doesn't.

Being the "best" game is very subjective and highly personal, but since I originally mentioned Lego City: Undercover in terms of its GamePad support, I'll still say that it's one of the finest examples of the use of the GamePad to enhance the gaming experience. And I personally think LC: Undercover is a very very good game.

FWIW, in my country at least, the demo version of LC:Undercover is just about running around in a small part of the central city and the demo stations in the shops have fixed GamePad (which would make scanning, etc in LC:Undercover impossible).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.