Wii U Forum

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World

Showing 61 to 80 of 219

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MarioKenny1992

61. Posted:

Yrreiht wrote:

Why so much hate on Epic Yarn? That game was fantastic! Easy yes but it was an awesome game.

qft!!!!!!!!!! such an awesome game, even if it's easy :)

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

62. Posted:

I disagree that Yoshi games were for the most part easy. Yeah, Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Topsy Turvy were, but the original game and Yoshi's Island DS were pretty damn difficult at times.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dartmonkey

63. Posted:

I loved Epic Yarn. It felt like someone had vomited joy onto the screen. I would question people who say it was too easy though. How would you propose they up the difficulty? And why would you want that? Burning through the story is one thing, but finishing the game to completion, with all the bead medals, fabrics, etc took me a good 12 hours or more. It's forgiving rather than easy, and the challenge was there if you wanted it.

Sticky fingers and glossy pads mix only too well

www.dartmonkey.com

Twitter: dartmonkey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

64. Posted:

I honestly find that in most games post-S/NES era (read: that don't have "permadeaths") GAME OVER is just a pushover anyway. It was really annoying when I replayed the classic Spyro games and kept getting GAME OVERs due to failing at the difficult slides (Crystal Islands! Yeaargh!) and a few just-really-bad stunts, and then got a GAME OVER screen... And could hop right back into the level. That's not punishment, it's just wasteful. It's the same with practically every game with a lives system, so I don't see why not to just remove it and cut out that fat. It's actually one of the things I like about Rayman Origins.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

65. Posted:

Looks incredibly cute,and a instant buy for me.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

66. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

I'm interested as long as it's not easy to the point of boring like KEY was.

This

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

67. Posted:

Those of you joking (or being serious) about other series (such as Metroid or F-Zero) getting the yarn treatment, I don't quite think it would work. For cute, fun characters like Kirby and Yoshi, it fits perfectly. But say you had Yarn Samus? Eh, not very fitting... Super Mario probably, Donkey Kong Country maybe, but other then that it'd be best to stick with Yoshi/Kirby-esch characters.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

68. Posted:

Yarn Metroid would certainly be interesting though.
It should play just like any other Metroid game, just with everything being made out of yarn and whatnot.
No way it'd ever happen, but I'd totally be interested to see it. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

69. Posted:

Now i'm interested in seeing a Mega Man game with this yarn art style. Too bad Capcom hates us :'(

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

70. Posted:

GUY! Yarn ExciteBike!

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

71. Posted:

If they make Yarn Kid Icarus I may have a problem with that.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

72. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

If they make Yarn Kid Icarus I may have a problem with that.

But just imagine how many yarn-themed puns Pit could make! ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

73. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

I honestly find that in most games post-S/NES era (read: that don't have "permadeaths") GAME OVER is just a pushover anyway. It was really annoying when I replayed the classic Spyro games and kept getting GAME OVERs due to failing at the difficult slides (Crystal Islands! Yeaargh!) and a few just-really-bad stunts, and then got a GAME OVER screen... And could hop right back into the level. That's not punishment, it's just wasteful. It's the same with practically every game with a lives system, so I don't see why not to just remove it and cut out that fat. It's actually one of the things I like about Rayman Origins.

THIS. Such a concept has always left me scratching my head. I mean, why have a game over screen in something like a classic Kirby game for example, if nothing bad technically happens and you just restart from where you left off?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

74. Posted:

Beating the game will be easy....COMPLETING it will be a different story.
Anyways, I hope they at least have you die here.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

75. Posted:

Everybody knows that Yarn Xenoblade is where it's at! (And yes, I realize that it is not a first party title)

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

76. Posted:

I think maybe what they could do is like a franchise characters/series Yarn mosh-up...Think SSB, but adventure/platformer, kinda. And I'd still maybe sorta have to say 3D platformer, considering the detail they put on Yoshi. There's just so many possibilities they could do here.....

WingedFish wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

I honestly find that in most games post-S/NES era (read: that don't have "permadeaths") GAME OVER is just a pushover anyway. It was really annoying when I replayed the classic Spyro games and kept getting GAME OVERs due to failing at the difficult slides (Crystal Islands! Yeaargh!) and a few just-really-bad stunts, and then got a GAME OVER screen... And could hop right back into the level. That's not punishment, it's just wasteful. It's the same with practically every game with a lives system, so I don't see why not to just remove it and cut out that fat. It's actually one of the things I like about Rayman Origins.

THIS. Such a concept has always left me scratching my head. I mean, why have a game over screen in something like a classic Kirby game for example, if nothing bad technically happens and you just restart from where you left off?

The whole reason Game Over is there is because Kirby is a retro franchise, since 1992, anyway, so he's not quite as old as most that started in the 80s. But his big debut was Kirby's DreamLand on GameBoy, which didn't come out til 1989, but could still be considered retro. But yeah, considering he runs with a series where it's possible to run out of lives in a story mode, it only makes sense.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

77. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

I think maybe what they could do is like a franchise characters/series Yarn mosh-up...Think SSB, but adventure/platformer, kinda. And I'd still maybe sorta have to say 3D platformer, considering the detail they put on Yoshi. There's just so many possibilities they could do here.....

WingedFish wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

I honestly find that in most games post-S/NES era (read: that don't have "permadeaths") GAME OVER is just a pushover anyway. It was really annoying when I replayed the classic Spyro games and kept getting GAME OVERs due to failing at the difficult slides (Crystal Islands! Yeaargh!) and a few just-really-bad stunts, and then got a GAME OVER screen... And could hop right back into the level. That's not punishment, it's just wasteful. It's the same with practically every game with a lives system, so I don't see why not to just remove it and cut out that fat. It's actually one of the things I like about Rayman Origins.

THIS. Such a concept has always left me scratching my head. I mean, why have a game over screen in something like a classic Kirby game for example, if nothing bad technically happens and you just restart from where you left off?

The whole reason Game Over is there is because Kirby is a retro franchise, since 1992, anyway, so he's not quite as old as most that started in the 80s. But his big debut was Kirby's DreamLand on GameBoy, which didn't come out til 1989, but could still be considered retro. But yeah, considering he runs with a series where it's possible to run out of lives in a story mode, it only makes sense.

I never said anything about Kirby being a "retro series" I was just using it as a quick example.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

78. Posted:

Kirby's Dream Land came out in 1992 on the Game Boy. Not in 1989.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

79. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

I think maybe what they could do is like a franchise characters/series Yarn mosh-up...Think SSB, but adventure/platformer, kinda. And I'd still maybe sorta have to say 3D platformer, considering the detail they put on Yoshi. There's just so many possibilities they could do here.....

WingedFish wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

I honestly find that in most games post-S/NES era (read: that don't have "permadeaths") GAME OVER is just a pushover anyway. It was really annoying when I replayed the classic Spyro games and kept getting GAME OVERs due to failing at the difficult slides (Crystal Islands! Yeaargh!) and a few just-really-bad stunts, and then got a GAME OVER screen... And could hop right back into the level. That's not punishment, it's just wasteful. It's the same with practically every game with a lives system, so I don't see why not to just remove it and cut out that fat. It's actually one of the things I like about Rayman Origins.

THIS. Such a concept has always left me scratching my head. I mean, why have a game over screen in something like a classic Kirby game for example, if nothing bad technically happens and you just restart from where you left off?

The whole reason Game Over is there is because Kirby is a retro franchise, since 1992, anyway, so he's not quite as old as most that started in the 80s. But his big debut was Kirby's DreamLand on GameBoy, which didn't come out til 1989, but could still be considered retro. But yeah, considering he runs with a series where it's possible to run out of lives in a story mode, it only makes sense.

I never said anything about Kirby being a "retro series" I was just using it as a quick example.

I realize you didn't say it, but I did as the explanation as to why it's there because it's the fad that relates to those types of games.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SparkOfSpirit

80. Posted:

GoodFeel made Wario Land which certainly isn't easy if you go for 100%- just like Yoshi's Island. I'm not too worried about that.

The footage looking a bit too close to KEY does, but the screenshots shown look way different so I'm holding off judgement for now.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton