Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 732

Aran

@Rexcalibr or anyone who got the game. Have you had any problems while playing it? Sometimes, my game has some frame rate lowerness or something like that, sometimes it freezes for a little moment, and then play, and then freezes again. I don't always have that problem, but when I have it, it's really annoying. I would like to know if anyone got that problems, too.

Aran

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2913-0681 | Nintendo Network ID: Andresg

Aran

Thanks you @Morpheel.
Yes, I just noticed that @Tsurii. I almost never use the gamepad to play the games that don't need it, and I turn it off. Just noticed that caused the slowdown with Yoshi's Woolly World, it's really strange, but well, I'll have to leave it on while playing. Thank you very much for your reply.
The game is amazing, and the soundtrack too, it would be a shame for it to have any trouble.

Edited on by Aran

Aran

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2913-0681 | Nintendo Network ID: Andresg

Rexcalibr

I still haven't played the game since I bought it. Actually haven't played my Wii U for almost three weeks.

But I taken off of work Monday and Tuesday so I'm sure I will play.

Rexcalibr

VanillaLake

Aran wrote:

@Rexcalibr or anyone who got the game. Have you had any problems while playing it? Sometimes, my game has some frame rate lowerness or something like that, sometimes it freezes for a little moment, and then play, and then freezes again. I don't always have that problem, but when I have it, it's really annoying. I would like to know if anyone got that problems, too.

The only Wii U game I have a problem like that is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but that's also the Wii U game I play the most so who knows...

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

VanillaLake

Tsurii wrote:

@Aran: is your gamepad screen on when you're playing? I turned the thing off when I played the game a while ago and that causes framerate issues for whatever reason.

The GamePad is so annoying. When it's not necessary I go away from the Wii U and turn it off because it's impossible to turn it off when you're near the Wii U and keep playing, even if you have turned on the console with a Wii Remote or the pro controller, that's crazy! But it's crazier that you have to turn it on to avoid frame issues in this game and also that you have to turn it on if you want to play Trine with the pro controller. Now that's ridiculous!

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Burning_Spear

Aran wrote:

I was having the same problem when using the Pro controller. Someone posted a YouTube video with the same problem, and the people there were saying it's an issue of the console not being able to process everything with a GamePad and another controller in use. I switched to the GamePad, and the problem disappeared.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

jariw

Burning_Spear wrote:

I was having the same problem when using the Pro controller. Someone posted a YouTube video with the same problem, and the people there were saying it's an issue of the console not being able to process everything with a GamePad and another controller in use. I switched to the GamePad, and the problem disappeared.

That's not a correct description of the issue. The problem is that you can't turn off the Gamepad if you play with another controller. Put the Gamepad in the charger if you play with the Pro Controller - but don't turn off the Gamepad! I've played through the whole game with the Pro Controller without any issues.

jariw

Eel

Maybe it's just that it is trying to find the gamepad. Like, desperately trying to.

So, it adds that extra process to the game, which generates lag.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Burning_Spear

jariw wrote:

That's not a correct description of the issue. The problem is that you can't turn off the Gamepad if you play with another controller. Put the Gamepad in the charger if you play with the Pro Controller - but don't turn off the Gamepad! I've played through the whole game with the Pro Controller without any issues.

My bad. Indeed, I had been playing with the GamePad display off.

CouchPals

Hey guys! Even if some of you have beaten the series already I would LOVE to have some Yoshi fans to check out my Let's Play video for this AWESOME game!!

CouchPals

jariw

A user at NeoGAF pointed out a "hidden" feature for the yarn Yoshi amiibo: each yarn Yoshi that unlocks in the game have 3 alternate color sets, which can be switched with the yarn Yoshi amiibo.

jariw

retropunky

@NintyMan
That's good to hear! Especially on the length. I never played any of the entries on the handhelds so I'm looking forward to it. I just gotta go search for one of those bundles now.

One thing I liked about Yoshi's Story was the music. That castle theme!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Rexcalibr

I finally started playing this.

It's so cute and the overworld music is so relaxing. I'm loving this so far. I have a huge amiibo collection so unlocking all the costumes is so fun, I smile whenever I see the colors Yoshi has. Especially the Samus one. This game makes me feel like a kid again.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

I have a question. When you guys play, do you try finding all the collectables in the stage?

I try to find all the yarn pieces to unlock a new Yoshi but I usually am one or two short with the flowers and stamps. Do you guys know what they do and I'm wondering if I should play through the stages again to find them, or just stick to trying to find the yarn pieces.

I'm still on World 1 and only played the first three levels but really like it so far.

Rexcalibr

NintendoFan64

@Rexcalibr Yes, I do. And in answer to your second question, while I haven't collected every flower in a world yet, it appears as though there is a ninth stage that is only unlocked after you've collect every flower in a world, and the stamps are for Miiverse.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Burning_Spear

Rexcalibr wrote:

I have a question. When you guys play, do you try finding all the collectables in the stage?

I try to find all the yarn pieces to unlock a new Yoshi but I usually am one or two short with the flowers and stamps. Do you guys know what they do and I'm wondering if I should play through the stages again to find them, or just stick to trying to find the yarn pieces.

I'm still on World 1 and only played the first three levels but really like it so far.

I collect everything before moving on to the next level. It's much more time consuming, but I'd rather do it now, when I'm familiar with the level, than start it all over again after I've beaten the game.

NintendoFan64

Anyways, I love this game! Everything is adorable, and you can use a badge to bring Poochy with you into every stage, and my copy came with a cute little Yarn Yoshi amiibo and GGGAAAAHHH EVERYTHING IS SO CUTE AND FLUFFY!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

jariw wrote:

A user at NeoGAF pointed out a "hidden" feature for the yarn Yoshi amiibo: each yarn Yoshi that unlocks in the game have 3 alternate color sets, which can be switched with the yarn Yoshi amiibo.

Yup, you can then use the same amiibo to beat a stage and the game will tell you if you want to add the pattern to the Amiibo house, so then you can use that "custom" pattern yourself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jariw

Rexcalibr wrote:

Once you beat level 3-4, there will be a badge available that can show you hidden stuff if you want to (such as stamps and hidden clouds). I used it extensively on some reruns, and still didn't find all the stamps on some of the later levels. Collecting the flowers (there are a total of 275) is the important thing if you want to play all the levels in the game.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic