Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 732

baba_944

This game looks absolutely amazing. I'll play this game on hard mode.

Who are you?

jariw

Henmii wrote:

I hate to say it, but I am not terribly excited about this. Sure its graphics are great, and it will be lots more fun then the weak Yoshi's New Island. But its just another sidescroller, and one that doesn't seem to do much new gameplay-wise. Also, it looks like they removed the 3D bits. I am gonna buy it, and I am sure it will be fun. But I am not over the moon sadly.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. What 3D bits have been removed? And how is what happens at around 0:50 in this video not 3D?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

cookiex

jariw wrote:

Henmii wrote:

I hate to say it, but I am not terribly excited about this. Sure its graphics are great, and it will be lots more fun then the weak Yoshi's New Island. But its just another sidescroller, and one that doesn't seem to do much new gameplay-wise. Also, it looks like they removed the 3D bits. I am gonna buy it, and I am sure it will be fun. But I am not over the moon sadly.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. What 3D bits have been removed? And how is what happens at around 0:50 in this video not 3D?

I'm going to guess he referred to sequences like this:

Untitled

Although it's only '3D' because of the camera angle, and it's not like different camera angles don't exist in the current product.

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

Will there be a hard mode?

There is a normal mode and a Super Easy Mode (forgot what they call it) I doubt anyone here will use the Super Easy Mode

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SuperWiiU

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

There is a normal mode and a Super Easy Mode (forgot what they call it) I doubt anyone here will use the Super Easy Mode

That's too bad. I fear even the normal mode will be way too easy like it is in most games.

jariw

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

That's too bad. I fear even the normal mode will be way too easy like it is in most games.

Even though Nintendo just claimed the normal mode "will prove quite challenging even for veteran players"?

jariw

SuperWiiU

jariw wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

Even though Nintendo just claimed the normal mode "will prove quite challenging even for veteran players"?

I had not heard that. I hope their definition of veteran players includes me. The European release does fall in a good period for a launch buy.

baba_944

SuperWiiU wrote:

jariw wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

That's what I meant: normal mode.

I had not heard that. I hope their definition of veteran players includes me. The European release does fall in a good period for a launch buy.

Who are you?

Uncle_Franklin

Is there a Japanese release date yet?

Uncle_Franklin

Octane

Franklin wrote:

Is there a Japanese release date yet?

Fall 2015 as well iirc.

Octane

Eel

Well, I find the first two Yoshi's Islands to be hard games. (Haven't played New or Story).

So if this is like that, you can bet I'll probably use mellow mode every now and then, it looks like it just transforms Yoshi into Kirby.

I mean, if I get it. The amiibos are the only part of the game that have me interested so far.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

NintyMan wrote:

It's been stated numerous times that this game will be a traditional Yoshi game, which means it will be fairly easy to beat, but very hard to clear 100%.

Yeah, that's exactly what info I took about the difficulty. That said, beating the final world in Yoshi's Island DS is brutal though so there's a possibility it could be like that.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MasterWario

I'm running through Yoshi's Island again since I got it from Club Nintendo, and now I'm really hoping this one turns out well. I really like the Yoshi's Island gameplay style and this game has a chance to be fantastic; but it could also be a total bust. Mind you, I enjoyed Kirby's Epic Yarn a lot, but that was enough easy gameplay for me. If this turns out to be about as difficult or just a little bit more than Kirby's Epic Yarn I can just go play that instead.

I don't think it will turn out poorly, but you hardly ever know for sure nowadays

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

TuVictus

NintyMan wrote:

It's been stated numerous times that this game will be a traditional Yoshi game, which means it will be fairly easy to beat, but very hard to clear 100%.

That's what I expected. They've been doing that ever since New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. Base game is pretty easy, then you get the harder bonus worlds. I actually like that system, really. Though I will say, trying to get a gold medal in Epic Yarn in each level was surprisingly difficult. Getting hit in that game made you lose alot of gems. So I'm not worried about this game's difficulty at all

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Blast

How much you wanna bet Samus will be the next franchise to get the Yarn treatment? Yarn Metroid will happen. You heard it here first. It'll prolly happen on the next Nintendo console.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Henmii

@cookiex,

Yeah, that's what I meant! There was also a different screenshot that looked as if it was in a living-room. That also looked 3D. To me those screenshots looked like totally different game-sections. Not just a different camera-angle.

Henmii

unrandomsam

** That seems much better than I was expecting (I was expecting invincibility no pits and no time limit).

To be fair I think the Wario Land Good Feel did was great (Just didn't like Epic Yarn).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic