Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 732

Blast

Man, I want this!!! The charm is adorable!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

Can they make some adorable wool Yoshis to give out as pre order bonuses? They're just too cute

TuVictus

NinjaWaddleDee

Wool Yoshi keychain pre order bonuses would be epic.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

DefHalan

I don't know how the Australian rating system works but for many rating systems the game does not need to be complete to get a rating, the content in the game can still be rated. I wouldn't take a rating system as a confirmation of a release date

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Online co-op would be really fun for this game, but I think they would've hyped it way earlier at e3 if that were the case, so I'm doubtful of genuine online play.

Nintendo works in mysterious ways. Sometimes they put emphasis on a couple of key points early on and reveal the rest some weeks prior to release. For example, before the "50 must-see things" Direct for Smash U (aired less than one month before the Smash U release), lots of players thought the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash would be virtually identical.

And since there has been total radio silence regarding Yoshi since E3, an online feature (or any other feature) could also have been added later than E3 without anyone noticing it. I expect much less surprises from games like Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X, that use a marketing approach with a constant stream of info. But perhaps such assumptions are wrong.

jariw

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Online co-op would be really fun for this game, but I think they would've hyped it way earlier at e3 if that were the case, so I'm doubtful of genuine online play.

Nintendo works in mysterious ways. Sometimes they put emphasis on a couple of key points early on and reveal the rest some weeks prior to release. For example, before the "50 must-see things" Direct for Smash U (aired less than one month before the Smash U release), lots of players thought the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash would be virtually identical.

And since there has been total radio silence regarding Yoshi since E3, an online feature (or any other feature) could also have been added later than E3 without anyone noticing it. I expect much less surprises from games like Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X, that use a marketing approach with a constant stream of info. But perhaps such assumptions are wrong.

It could also be that they didn't have the Online Multiplayer working until recently, or it is just talking about Miiverse support.

TuVictus

If it was miiverse support, then that classification would be on every single Wii U game released, and it's only on a few. so it can't be that

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

If it was miiverse support, then that classification would be on every single Wii U game released, and it's only on a few. so it can't be that

Well not every game has Miiverse integrated into the game, (as in people seeing Miiverse posts in game) also the rules on how they have to report things could have changed. We just won't know until Nintendo confirms anything. I would just recommend people don't read to much into it

EDIT: As an example Super Mario 3D World has Online Features on the cover

Edited on by DefHalan

TuVictus

Yes but what we're doing is comparing the classification used on Yoshi's Wooly World to other games that have that same classification. It doesn't outright confirm anything, and you're right that we shouldn't read into it too much, you just can't say it's meant for miiverse when 90% of other games have miiverse features and don't use the same classification. Smash doesn't have any in-game miiverse posts (as far as I know). Not sure about Devil's Third or TF

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

Yes but what we're doing is comparing the classification used on Yoshi's Wooly World to other games that have that same classification. It doesn't outright confirm anything, and you're right that we shouldn't read into it too much, you just can't say it's meant for miiverse when 90% of other games have miiverse features and don't use the same classification. Smash doesn't have any in-game miiverse posts (as far as I know). Not sure about Devil's Third or TF

I didn't, I said it could be for that. Also there aren't many games that actually have Miiverse integration in the game, most games just have a Miiverse community.

Edited on by DefHalan

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

I don't know how the Australian rating system works but for many rating systems the game does not need to be complete to get a rating, the content in the game can still be rated. I wouldn't take a rating system as a confirmation of a release date

Nintendo has been quite predictable regarding the space between classification and release for the Australian Wii U retail releases. For the majority of the Nintendo published titles, it's around 60-80 days between classification and release. The only real exceptions to the rule were Bayonetta 2 (unknown reason), Wii Party U (delayed around the time of the classification) and Tropical Freeze (late change of release date), which caused these titles to around 150 days between classification and release.

But you're right, it's not a confirmation of a release date. But statistically and historically speaking, it points to a fairly narrow time period for the release.

jariw

TuVictus

DefHalan wrote:

Operative wrote:

I didn't, I said it could be for that. Also there aren't many games that actually have Miiverse integration in the game, most games just have a Miiverse community.

Didn't say you did. Just ruling out as a possibility.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Operative wrote:

Didn't say you did. Just ruling out as a possibility.

So the "you" wasn't actually directed at me, got it.

And I am saying you can't rule it out

Edited on by DefHalan

TuVictus

Correct, it wasn't directed at you. And I think it's safe to say that the specific label used does not refer to miiverse. If it does, please point out the same label on each wii u game that allows for miiverse posting.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

Correct, it wasn't directed at you. And I think it's safe to say that the specific label used does not refer to miiverse. If it does, please point out the same label on each wii u game that allows for miiverse posting.

Well I pointed it out on Super Mario 3D World, I don't have the time to go hunting through for games that only have Miiverse integration that don't have Online Multiplayer while still having the Nintendo Network Icon on the cover, I am guessing it is a very small amount.

Yoshi

Super Mario 3D World had online interactivity through the ghost Miis that play with you when you replay a level.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TuVictus

Not talking about the Nintendo Network icon, I'm referring to the "online interactivity" of the classification.

TuVictus

DefHalan

brewsky wrote:

Super Mario 3D World had online interactivity through the ghost Miis that play with you when you replay a level.

Which just adds more complexity to the whole Online Features thing.

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

Not talking about the Nintendo Network icon, I'm referring to the "online interactivity" of the classification.

Yea, I am definitely not going to try to research that. I have to much to do today rather than spending my time researching that.

TuVictus

Well, I didn't actually expect you to. The point being that label is not placed on all games with miiverse posting, meaning it can't just be a "this game uses miiverse" label. That's my point.

But if it's the ghost thing similar to 3D World, then I suppose I'd understand, since that could count as online interactivity, to an extent.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic