Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 732

cookiex

WaveWarlock wrote:

I love love loveeee GoodFeel, but they create games at a snails pace.
Wario Land Shake it!, Kirby's Epic Yarn and now Yoshi's Whooly World. That's 3 games from 2008 to 2015. They've been slacking since the release of Epic yarn which was back in 2010. Time sure does fly!

They've been doing plenty of things in between those three games FYI; Mii Force, parts of Wii Play: Motion and the giant battles in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team plus a couple of educational titles on the DS. It might look like slacking if you only count the games they completely made themselves.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

unrandomsam

I am not expecting much from this - Wario Land was good (Still simplified a bit by removing the transformations but it was still good). Epic Yarn did nothing for me.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

jariw

unrandomsam wrote:

Epic Yarn did nothing for me.

I guess it might have something to do with Epic Yarn being so much targeted towards the right brain half functions, rather than being a gaming challenge. For people appreciating beauty, creativity, balanced simplicity, art-imitating-life, etc, there's a lot to enjoy in Epic Yarn.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

unrandomsam wrote:

I am not expecting much from this - Wario Land was good (Still simplified a bit by removing the transformations but it was still good). Epic Yarn did nothing for me.

Another reminder that there hasn't been a new Wario Land game for over 6 years

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yoshi

WaveWarlock wrote:

I love love loveeee GoodFeel, but they create games at a snails pace.
Wario Land Shake it!, Kirby's Epic Yarn and now Yoshi's Whooly World. That's 3 games from 2008 to 2015. They've been slacking since the release of Epic yarn which was back in 2010. Time sure does fly!

They also made Mii Force/StreetPass Squad!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

lkm

When do you think Yoshi World will release next year?

lkm

jariw

Metroi wrote:

For NoA, 1st half of 2015 and not in February, at least.

jariw

lkm

jariw wrote:

Metroi wrote:

But when will it release in Europe

lkm

jariw

Metroi wrote:

jariw wrote:

Metroi wrote:

But when will it release in Europe

AFAIK, nothing specific has been announced from NoE regarding the Yoshi's Wooly World release date. NoE will treat Kirby completely differently than Japan+NoA, so NoE might have a completely different strategy towards the more "casual" games during 2015 than NoA. Or Kirby might be the only one with a large release window difference. Time will tell.

jariw

Akazury

Yoshi Woolley World seems to end up as a March title, it is an first half 2015 release and with Captain Toad in Januari I don't think they will release something big in Febuary. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrus is still a second half release, most likely due to localizing as the first game also had a different title and stuff.

Edited on by Akazury

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

Reminds me of both Epic Yarn and Shake It! with a Yoshi flavor.

Good Feel needs to put out more games.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

jariw

Today, I got a call from a mother that I earlier had shown the Yoshi's Wooly World coverage from the E3 Digital Event. (When I showed here that, she just asked "what machine do I need to get this game?") She was now going to buy a Wii U to her son as a birthday gift, and wanted some advices on games. This game can sell consoles even when it's unreleased.

jariw

Blast

jariw wrote:

Today, I got a call from a mother that I earlier had shown the Yoshi's Wooly World coverage from the E3 Digital Event. (When I showed here that, she just asked "what machine do I need to get this game?") She was now going to buy a Wii U to her son as a birthday gift, and wanted some advices on games. This game can sell consoles even when it's unreleased.

Hahaha wow....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

dumedum

I love listening to the YWW theme music in Smash Bros. It is adorable.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

NintendoFan64

I wonder how the amiibos will work with this game. If there ends up being a Wool Yoshi amiibo, I will buy it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Inkling

jariw wrote:

There was a kid I saw who seemed to love Lego City Undercover, and the mother was asking if it would work on their Wii. A few minutes later, the mother was asking me about the price and where she could get one from

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

2 days ago, Yoshi's Woolly World was classified for Australia. So a April or May release is likely.

EDIT: And Yoshi has "Online Activity"

Edited on by jariw

jariw

andreoni79

jariw wrote:

2 days ago, Yoshi's Woolly World was classified for Australia. So a April or May release is likely.

A spring release sounds perfect for a game like YWW. I really hope you are right.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

It seems rather suspicious that both Yoshi's Woolly World and Devil's Third have both been rated in Australia recently despite no new info since the E3 treehouse streams. Direct within the next 2 weeks confirmed maybe?

As for "Online Activity", I think it'll mean something like with Tropical Freeze where there's online leaderboards and videos of time trials getting auto-uploaded for others to see.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

jariw wrote:

It seems rather suspicious that both Yoshi's Woolly World and Devil's Third have both been rated in Australia recently despite no new info since the E3 treehouse streams. Direct within the next 2 weeks confirmed maybe?

As for "Online Activity", I think it'll mean something like with Tropical Freeze where there's online leaderboards and videos of time trials getting auto-uploaded for others to see.

I quoted the classification wrong, it actually said "Online interactivity". Devil's Third and Smash are the only other Wii U games that I can find with that same classification note. (Mario Kart 8 has "Gaming experience may change online".) Games like Tropical Freeze has no classification note regarding online. So it might actually mean that Yoshi's Woolly World supports some kind of online play?

I agree that there will probably be a Direct fairly soon. IIRC, the release info of Mario Party 10 was announced around 2 months prior to release, without any earlier info after E3. Perhaps they will follow a similar pattern here.

Devil's Third might get its own Direct. Itagaki seems to hint something along those lines:
"Current version is much better than this footage. wait the SHOW DOWN."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152396249&post...

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic