Wii U Forum

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World

Showing 201 to 220 of 628

AuthorMessage
jariw

jariw

201. Posted:

I've shown the E3 Digital Event part about Yoshi's Woolly World to quite a few non-gamers now, and most of the reactions has been "What's the system I need to play this? Is it out now?". Perhaps it's yarn that will sell the Wii U.

Current Top 15: Splatoon, MK8, DK:TF, Pikmin 3, Affordable Space Adventures, Stealth Inc. 2, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Scram Kitty, Bayonetta 1+2, SSB U, Wind Waker: HD, Wonderful 101, Swords & Soldiers 2

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

202. Posted:

jariw wrote:

I've shown the E3 Digital Event part about Yoshi's Woolly World to quite a few non-gamers now, and most of the reactions has been "What's the system I need to play this? Is it out now?". Perhaps it's yarn that will sell the Wii U.

I know my wife can't stop talking about it, and we got to play it at E3

Krystal (Star Fox) for Smash!!!!!
Owned Amiibo: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Rosalina, Fox, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Lucario, Charizard, Link, Zelda, Shiek, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
MazakuHQ

MazakuHQ

203. Posted:

They should make yoshie an event pokemon on the new pokemon game...

MazakuHQ

AuthorMessage
DiscoDriver43

DiscoDriver43

204. Posted:

Looks much better than Artoon's Yoshi Island games. I think this will be Yoshi's first good game in a loong while.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: Jurrassic World

Movies i am looking forward to this summer: Mission Impossible 5, Ant-man,

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

205. Posted:

Just show me a snow and a lava level, please!!! Even rain!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
jariw

jariw

206. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Just show me a snow and a lava level, please!!! Even rain!!!

The dog-like boss level that they played on E3 was with lava.

Edited on by jariw

Current Top 15: Splatoon, MK8, DK:TF, Pikmin 3, Affordable Space Adventures, Stealth Inc. 2, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Scram Kitty, Bayonetta 1+2, SSB U, Wind Waker: HD, Wonderful 101, Swords & Soldiers 2

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

207. Posted:

Tezuka on the origins of Yoshi's Woolly World:

“While I was working on New Mario, I had the chance to play Kirby’s Epic Yarn. I’m always thinking of ideas for a new Yoshi game, but at the time I was working on Mario. But I was so impressed by the aesthetics of Kirby’s Epic Yarn that I thought it would be a good idea to ask Good Feel to create a Yoshi game with me. I approached them and suggested they work with me to make an action game using yarn and craft materials in their stunning visual style, with all-new game mechanics.”

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-tactile-changes-of-yoshis...

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
whodatninja

whodatninja

208. Posted:

Since we're probably never going to see SNES Yoshi's Island on the virtual console (because of some emulation nonsense) Wooly World is most likely the next best thing! NOW I'M EXCITED

Edited on by whodatninja

Nintendo Pre-Orders: Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Yooka Laylee (Kickstarter)
Currently playing: Splatoon on Wii U and Final Fantasy X2 on PS3
RIP Mr Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

AuthorMessage
GoneFishin

GoneFishin

209. Posted:

I'm not sure how that would be the next best thing to the SuperNes original when there's the excellent GBA conversion of Yoshi's Island available that you could buy right now on your Wii U.

I hope the Kirby's Epic Yarn guys realize that the fans want a difficult game rather than following course with their excellent, but extremely easy, Wii classic from a few years ago. I don't think you could even get Kirby killed in Epic Yarn.

Edited on by GoneFishin

GoneFishin

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

210. Posted:

@GoneFishin: If you look back in this thread, Tezuka the Yoshi director had said that this game isn't just intended for younger players and it is a Yoshi game. There's going to be more challenging levels yet to be shown. It'll also be harder to complete 100%. And you can die in this game.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Papayosh

Papayosh

211. Posted:

GoneFishin wrote:

I'm not sure how that would be the next best thing to the SuperNes original when there's the excellent GBA conversion of Yoshi's Island available that you could buy right now on your Wii U.

I hope the Kirby's Epic Yarn guys realize that the fans want a difficult game rather than following course with their excellent, but extremely easy, Wii classic from a few years ago. I don't think you could even get Kirby killed in Epic Yarn.

No, you can't die on "Epic Yarn" but the whole point of the game was collecting everything anyways
Regarding the new Yoshi game, it looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. I love "Yoshi's Island" and didn't like the DS and the 3Ds ones

Papayosh

AuthorMessage
nintendyagmr

nintendyagmr

212. Posted:

I cant wait for this game, looks so nice ahhhh.

Faster than snanic

AuthorMessage
baba_944

baba_944

213. Posted:

I'm still wondering how "amiibo" will be implemented in this and "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker".

Who are you?

AuthorMessage
LucinaSmash

LucinaSmash

214. Posted:

Check out the E3 trailer again now in 1080p at 60fps. Remember to set the video quality at 1080p60fps and it's only available in Chrome/Safari browser

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

215. Posted:

Oh wow, it looks incredible! 60 FPS makes it looks so much better, and it already looked great as it is!

Now playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS) | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
luisesteban

luisesteban

216. Posted:

This is to much adorable.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage
Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy

217. Posted:

Is Tomoya Tomita composing the music for this game? I really enjoyed the music from Epic Yarn especially Snow Land,Cozy Cabin is my favorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMDRsCu7aQE

Edited on by Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

218. Posted:

Personally, my favourite is Big-Bean Vine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFic2e-uTE
As well as the Staff Credits theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgbY1WyVS8

But yeah, you're absolutely right. Epic Yarn had an amazing soundtrack. I honestly think that game was an overlooked gem. I never hear people talking about it, and when they do, they're complaining about how it was too easy, failing to see the point that the game isn't about nailbiting difficulty through tricky jumps or enemy placements (I mean come on, it's Kirby) but rather from getting all the gems and finishing a level without getting hit and losing them. Getting the highest rank in every level can be a challenge as if you mess up even once in some levels, you have to start over.
Beyond that, to me the game was always about just relaxing and having a good time.
The companys name is GOOD FEEL for pete's sake. Shouldn't that tell you something!?

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

219. Posted:

I have very high expectations for this game's soundtrack, going by Good Feel's excellent track record in their past two games. Wario Land: Shake It's soundtrack is impressive too.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
NintendoFan64

NintendoFan64

220. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Personally, my favourite is Big-Bean Vine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFic2e-uTE
As well as the Staff Credits theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgbY1WyVS8

But yeah, you're absolutely right. Epic Yarn had an amazing soundtrack. I honestly think that game was an overlooked gem. I never hear people talking about it, and when they do, they're complaining about how it was too easy, failing to see the point that the game isn't about nailbiting difficulty through tricky jumps or enemy placements (I mean come on, it's Kirby) but rather from getting all the gems and finishing a level without getting hit and losing them. Getting the highest rank in every level can be a challenge as if you mess up even once in some levels, you have to start over.
Beyond that, to me the game was always about just relaxing and having a good time.
The companys name is GOOD FEEL for pete's sake. Shouldn't that tell you something!?

I know! Epic Yarn is one of the most underrated games of all time in my opinion. I still have fond memories of playing it with my sister...that was probably the only time we've ever along in years. Anyways, I'm excited for this game.

"F is fire that burns down the whole town! U is for uranium...bombs. N is for no survivors, WHEN YOU-"Plankton
Hello! How are you? You look lovely! Let me take your coat...there. Now, please tell me about your day...interesting! Also, I just stole your stuff. Good day, sir!

Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic