Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 732

jariw

Dreamsleep wrote:

Honestly, this is kind of a waste of Good Feel's talent, making them use this yarn art style...I just do not like the look, or the baby-ness of it. Wario Land: Shake It was an amazing game, with amazing hand drawn art. This...meh.

If you look at the gameplay, the yarn isn't just the art style.

jariw

dumedum

Game looks great but I want Blimp Yoshi DLC.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Blast

The game looks great and very fun! I luv how there isn't a time limit!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

Dreamsleep wrote:

Honestly, this is kind of a waste of Good Feel's talent, making them use this yarn art style...I just do not like the look, or the baby-ness of it. Wario Land: Shake It was an amazing game, with amazing hand drawn art. This...meh.

I dunno, I think you need a very talented team to make a Woolly World out of yarn. Everybody and their mother are making "hand drawn art" games nowadays. I had little interest in this before but after yesterday it is definitely on my watch list.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

RR529

This game (along with Mortal Kombat X), was featured on tonight's episode of the Comedy Central gameshow, @Midnight.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

This game (along with Mortal Kombat X), was featured on tonight's episode of the Comedy Central gameshow, @Midnight.

I was gonna say I immediately get what joke they made, but I actually don't.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Retro_on_theGo

Dreamsleep wrote:

You know they weren't forced right? They asked Nintendo if they could use the Yarn theme again.

adamkop

Best looking game of the whole E3 for me. I love the style and setting of the Order 1886, but this somewhow looks more impressive in a creative way. Animation and the use of materials is just genious.

adamkop

Romeo

too cute, REALLY looking forward to this!

Romeo

Yoshi

The game looks so charming.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Arminillo

Yoshi is going around killing fluffy chickens, stealing the orphaned children, AND CHUCKING THEM OFF THE SCREEN.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Arminillo

Also, that Treehouse translator isn't so good. Even when she is speaking Japanese she says 'um' over and over (ano).

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Rezalack

DestinyMan wrote:

Yoshi's Woolly World will be more challenging than Kirby's Epic Yarn:

“With Yoshi’s Woolly World, we don’t intend it to be for younger players…we were going to make it a Yoshi game. The courses beyond what we have on the show floor will get more challenging. And if you try to get all the collectibles, you’ll find it pretty challenging. It’ll push back.”

The game is more challenging because you can die from a lack of Baby Mario and falling in pits, making it easy to increase the difficulty and making it kind of like a Mario game.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37800/woolly-world-wi...

This has instantly made me more interested. I'm not asking for a real hard game, but I do need some challenge. The game looks gorgeous, BTW. I'm definitely looking forward to release and what reviews have to say.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

dirtymangle

I actually think Kirby Epic Yarn looked better,

Can you handle the mangle?! DirtyMangle.com

KO-Cub

Kirby Epic Yarn was a good game but took away one of cool mechanics I like about Kirby games. Swallowing and Ability stealing. It also looked very colorful, but this Yoshi Woolly World looks adorable and keeps a main mechanic which we all know and love. Swallowing and egg throwing. Also the fact that this is 3d modeled and how much life has been put in this game... my god @DestinyMan. I could watch those gifs over and over again.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Blast

ITS SO ADORABLE

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jariw

I've shown the E3 Digital Event part about Yoshi's Woolly World to quite a few non-gamers now, and most of the reactions has been "What's the system I need to play this? Is it out now?". Perhaps it's yarn that will sell the Wii U.

jariw

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

I've shown the E3 Digital Event part about Yoshi's Woolly World to quite a few non-gamers now, and most of the reactions has been "What's the system I need to play this? Is it out now?". Perhaps it's yarn that will sell the Wii U.

I know my wife can't stop talking about it, and we got to play it at E3

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic