Wii U Forum

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World

Showing 101 to 120 of 248

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

101. Posted:

Yarn Call of Duty: War Criminal - that should please parents and win over the Xbox crowd!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

102. Posted:

Hanguard wrote:

Not really interested. I have Kirbys epic yarn, beat it, and it pretty fun, but I dont think I would replay it. I found it to be too easy. Hopefully this will be a little harder?

No harm in hoping, but both Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story were very easy as well. So why should Yoshi's Epic Yarn be any different?

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

103. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

No harm in hoping, but both Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story were very easy as well. So why should Yoshi's Epic Yarn be any different?

The original Yoshi's Island actually got pretty challenging, especially later on.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

104. Posted:

Epic Yarn was absolutely gorgeous and beaming with originitality with it's Yarny' visuals, the soundtrack was fluffy, whimsical and hit the heart and i think we can all agree that motion tilt based Fire Truck Controls were pretty awesome. :p But for me, boredum kicked into kirby gear towards the final act of the game. Even collecting enough beeds per stage was a breeze outside maybe a few levels. My advice would be to completely skip the Tennant mini games until you finish the game, they completely break the flow of the main game and extends the game to an extreme leangth, which imo isn't ideal especially for something being soridiculously easy. The later Tennant stages, definitly pose the greatest challenge...Too bad we never saw anything to that degree in terms of difficulty in the main game.

I hope Yoshi's Yarn doesn't pull another Epic Yarn and lets you be immortal, that.... combined with Yarn's easy platforming, with the only real and extremely mild challenge being the complete Beed collectathon that it is.

Health Bar + Lives + Tougher Platforming for Yoshi's Yarn please. ;)

With that out of the way, I'm much more thrilled for the Wii U now. The announcement of RE: Revelations U, followed by Yoshi's Yarn and Zelda: Wind Waker U have struck the Wavester' like a bolt of sizzling Elec Man thunder. lol

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

105. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Yarn Call of Duty: War Criminal - that should please parents and win over the Xbox crowd!

LOL! No; Call of Duty: Modern Yarnfare! Or maybe Yarn-Ops. XD

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

106. Posted:

trying to turn almost any modern FPS into an adorable yarn game sounds like a fantastic idea. The fact that the internet has not made a video showcasing this idea is tragic.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

107. Posted:

A single game/theme seems a waste though. Surely what Call of Duty fans have secretly desired is "Call of Duty Land" - a collection of individual missions from the groundbreaking series of best-selling and critically praised war shooters, all stylised to appear like adorable handicrafts. I think the candy land-themed Russian airport massacre will be a fan favourite myself. The taking of the Reichstag with everything having a plasticine appearance will be equally loved.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

108. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

A single game/theme seems a waste though. Surely what Call of Duty fans have secretly desired is "Call of Duty Land" - a collection of individual missions from the groundbreaking series of best-selling and critically praised war shooters, all stylised to appear like adorable handicrafts. I think the candy land-themed Russian airport massacre will be a fan favourite myself. The taking of the Reichstag with everything having a plasticine appearance will be equally loved.

You sir, should apply at Activision. That idea is hilarious and awesome.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

109. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Congrats, you pitched the only CoD game I would ever purchase. This guy deserves to win the Internet.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

Birthday_Boy

110. Posted:

Its kinda funny that this was announced because in September 2011 there was a rumour that a 3DS Yoshi title from Good Feel was going to be announced at TGS. It never happened. But strangely enough some of the other rumours ended off as true in the article, including a new game from Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem: Awakening) and Monster Hunter 4. Talk about fluke.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

111. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Congrats, you pitched the only CoD game I would ever purchase. This guy deserves to win the Internet.

Meh, in all seriousness, I dunno. I mean I remember back when Duke Nukem 3D had the 2 add-ons thats eemed kinda cool at the time, Nuclear Winter and Life's a Beach, which turned somes tuff into water guns and beach themed things. I just don't really see ithe whole yarn thing for fps...Shoot and kill with silly string? Just doesn't seem highly sensible.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

112. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

Meh, in all seriousness, I dunno. I mean I remember back when Duke Nukem 3D had the 2 add-ons thats eemed kinda cool at the time, Nuclear Winter and Life's a Beach, which turned somes tuff into water guns and beach themed things. I just don't really see ithe whole yarn thing for fps...Shoot and kill with silly string? Just doesn't seem highly sensible.

If the in-game blood was replaced with raspberry jam and the game included a USB-powered dispenser that sprayed real jam at you to simulate blow-back for point-blank shots would that win you over?

On-topic can anyone tell me what a Yoshi game is like? I've never played one - is the upcoming VC game a good place to start?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

113. Posted:

@Sean Yoshi for the NES is not at all like any other entries to the series. Yoshi's Island for the SNES however, was the series first(and best) entry in the platforming genre. On the Wii VC you can find Yoshi's Story (N64) which is considered ridiculously easy, but you can still draw enjoyment out of it. Yoshi's Island DS is the most recent entry, and is also very good. Hope this helped. :)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

CM30

114. Posted:

Yeah, Yoshi for the NES is different, it's the same as Mario and Yoshi for the Game Boy, an average puzzle game which far less cool than it sounds.

But the other games are good. Yoshi's Island is fantastic, although with it not being on the Virtual Console it's difficult to get ahold of now. Yoshi's Story is decent, but a bit short and easy. And Yoshi's Island DS is a good game, albeit with a poor soundtrack and a somewhat ridiculous/unfair difficulty curve (if you're new to the series, this is not the best game to start with).

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

115. Posted:

Cheers. So why hasn't Yoshi's Island been made available before now? Seems a bit odd for Nintendo to not put all their own classic software into their own Virtual Console...hopefully the Wii U will see the correction of many past omissions.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

116. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Cheers. So why hasn't Yoshi's Island been made available before now? Seems a bit odd for Nintendo to not put all their own classic software into their own Virtual Console...hopefully the Wii U will see the correction of many past omissions.

They have problems emulating the FX chip that it used for the SNES, however the GBA port didn't use it so that's why they were able to give it away as an ambassador title, so maybe they'll give the GBA one out on WiiU VC

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Emaan

117. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

And Yoshi's Island DS is a good game, albeit with a poor soundtrack and a somewhat ridiculous/unfair difficulty curve (if you're new to the series, this is not the best game to start with).

Am I the only one that actually liked the music in Yoshi's Island DS?

It's not anywhere near as good as the original, of course, but its in no way a poor soundtrack. There were some really good tunes in it. At least, that's my thoughts on it anyways.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CM30

118. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

And Yoshi's Island DS is a good game, albeit with a poor soundtrack and a somewhat ridiculous/unfair difficulty curve (if you're new to the series, this is not the best game to start with).

Am I the only one that actually liked the music in Yoshi's Island DS?

It's not anywhere near as good as the original, of course, but its in no way a poor soundtrack. There were some really good tunes in it. At least, that's my thoughts on it anyways.

I personally liked some of the music, just not a lot of it. The castle theme was the worst offender, it was just not well suited for the difficult as hell castle levels in the game. Should have just used this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiRq377DS4U

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

119. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

If the in-game blood was replaced with raspberry jam and the game included a USB-powered dispenser that sprayed real jam at you to simulate blow-back for point-blank shots would that win you over?

On-topic can anyone tell me what a Yoshi game is like? I've never played one - is the upcoming VC game a good place to start?

Hmm....well I dunno about the USB Dispenser, really the only way this would win me over is if the more serious devs would consider such add-ons/skins, themes, etc on other consoles,. WW/Modern Combat fps aren't really my thing as opposed to sci-fi, so Call of Duty isn't really my thing, Gears of War or Halo (which i play mostly) are closer to it.

On topic, I actually seem to recall Yoshi for NES (Yes, i just checked my DL list, and this is what the eShop labels it as, not GameBoy because i don't think the color mod games existed yet) was a 3DS Ambassador Program for the 3DS, and the type of puzzle game it is I'm no good at and found boring, so I don't even have mine anymore. That said, yeah, I don't understand how they'd have trouble emulating it for Wii Virtual Console.

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

120. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

On topic, I actually seem to recall Yoshi for NES (Yes, i just checked my DL list, and this is what the eShop labels it as, not GameBoy because i don't think the color mod games existed yet) was a 3DS Ambassador Program for the 3DS, and the type of puzzle game it is I'm no good at and found boring, so I don't even have mine anymore. That said, yeah, I don't understand how they'd have trouble emulating it for Wii Virtual Console.

I just read the review on NL and it sounds pretty much like another Dr. Mario/Columns/Magical Drop game and looks pretty dire. Pass! Roll on Yoshi's Island in some form, please.