Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 732

Chrono_Cross

Sean_Aaron wrote:

A single game/theme seems a waste though. Surely what Call of Duty fans have secretly desired is "Call of Duty Land" - a collection of individual missions from the groundbreaking series of best-selling and critically praised war shooters, all stylised to appear like adorable handicrafts. I think the candy land-themed Russian airport massacre will be a fan favourite myself. The taking of the Reichstag with everything having a plasticine appearance will be equally loved.

You sir, should apply at Activision. That idea is hilarious and awesome.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

ShadJV

Sean_Aaron wrote:

A single game/theme seems a waste though. Surely what Call of Duty fans have secretly desired is "Call of Duty Land" - a collection of individual missions from the groundbreaking series of best-selling and critically praised war shooters, all stylised to appear like adorable handicrafts. I think the candy land-themed Russian airport massacre will be a fan favourite myself. The taking of the Reichstag with everything having a plasticine appearance will be equally loved.

Congrats, you pitched the only CoD game I would ever purchase. This guy deserves to win the Internet.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Kyloctopus

Its kinda funny that this was announced because in September 2011 there was a rumour that a 3DS Yoshi title from Good Feel was going to be announced at TGS. It never happened. But strangely enough some of the other rumours ended off as true in the article, including a new game from Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem: Awakening) and Monster Hunter 4. Talk about fluke.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

DaveGX

ShadJV wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Congrats, you pitched the only CoD game I would ever purchase. This guy deserves to win the Internet.

Meh, in all seriousness, I dunno. I mean I remember back when Duke Nukem 3D had the 2 add-ons thats eemed kinda cool at the time, Nuclear Winter and Life's a Beach, which turned somes tuff into water guns and beach themed things. I just don't really see ithe whole yarn thing for fps...Shoot and kill with silly string? Just doesn't seem highly sensible.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Sean_Aaron

DaveGX wrote:

Meh, in all seriousness, I dunno. I mean I remember back when Duke Nukem 3D had the 2 add-ons thats eemed kinda cool at the time, Nuclear Winter and Life's a Beach, which turned somes tuff into water guns and beach themed things. I just don't really see ithe whole yarn thing for fps...Shoot and kill with silly string? Just doesn't seem highly sensible.

If the in-game blood was replaced with raspberry jam and the game included a USB-powered dispenser that sprayed real jam at you to simulate blow-back for point-blank shots would that win you over?

On-topic can anyone tell me what a Yoshi game is like? I've never played one - is the upcoming VC game a good place to start?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Happy_Mask

@Sean Yoshi for the NES is not at all like any other entries to the series. Yoshi's Island for the SNES however, was the series first(and best) entry in the platforming genre. On the Wii VC you can find Yoshi's Story (N64) which is considered ridiculously easy, but you can still draw enjoyment out of it. Yoshi's Island DS is the most recent entry, and is also very good. Hope this helped.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

CM30

Yeah, Yoshi for the NES is different, it's the same as Mario and Yoshi for the Game Boy, an average puzzle game which far less cool than it sounds.

But the other games are good. Yoshi's Island is fantastic, although with it not being on the Virtual Console it's difficult to get ahold of now. Yoshi's Story is decent, but a bit short and easy. And Yoshi's Island DS is a good game, albeit with a poor soundtrack and a somewhat ridiculous/unfair difficulty curve (if you're new to the series, this is not the best game to start with).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Sean_Aaron

Cheers. So why hasn't Yoshi's Island been made available before now? Seems a bit odd for Nintendo to not put all their own classic software into their own Virtual Console...hopefully the Wii U will see the correction of many past omissions.

Hokori

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Cheers. So why hasn't Yoshi's Island been made available before now? Seems a bit odd for Nintendo to not put all their own classic software into their own Virtual Console...hopefully the Wii U will see the correction of many past omissions.

They have problems emulating the FX chip that it used for the SNES, however the GBA port didn't use it so that's why they were able to give it away as an ambassador title, so maybe they'll give the GBA one out on WiiU VC

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

e-love

CM30 wrote:

And Yoshi's Island DS is a good game, albeit with a poor soundtrack and a somewhat ridiculous/unfair difficulty curve (if you're new to the series, this is not the best game to start with).

Am I the only one that actually liked the music in Yoshi's Island DS?

It's not anywhere near as good as the original, of course, but its in no way a poor soundtrack. There were some really good tunes in it. At least, that's my thoughts on it anyways.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

CM30

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

And Yoshi's Island DS is a good game, albeit with a poor soundtrack and a somewhat ridiculous/unfair difficulty curve (if you're new to the series, this is not the best game to start with).

Am I the only one that actually liked the music in Yoshi's Island DS?

It's not anywhere near as good as the original, of course, but its in no way a poor soundtrack. There were some really good tunes in it. At least, that's my thoughts on it anyways.

I personally liked some of the music, just not a lot of it. The castle theme was the worst offender, it was just not well suited for the difficult as hell castle levels in the game. Should have just used this instead:

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DaveGX

Sean_Aaron wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

If the in-game blood was replaced with raspberry jam and the game included a USB-powered dispenser that sprayed real jam at you to simulate blow-back for point-blank shots would that win you over?

On-topic can anyone tell me what a Yoshi game is like? I've never played one - is the upcoming VC game a good place to start?

Hmm....well I dunno about the USB Dispenser, really the only way this would win me over is if the more serious devs would consider such add-ons/skins, themes, etc on other consoles,. WW/Modern Combat fps aren't really my thing as opposed to sci-fi, so Call of Duty isn't really my thing, Gears of War or Halo (which i play mostly) are closer to it.

On topic, I actually seem to recall Yoshi for NES (Yes, i just checked my DL list, and this is what the eShop labels it as, not GameBoy because i don't think the color mod games existed yet) was a 3DS Ambassador Program for the 3DS, and the type of puzzle game it is I'm no good at and found boring, so I don't even have mine anymore. That said, yeah, I don't understand how they'd have trouble emulating it for Wii Virtual Console.

Sean_Aaron

DaveGX wrote:

On topic, I actually seem to recall Yoshi for NES (Yes, i just checked my DL list, and this is what the eShop labels it as, not GameBoy because i don't think the color mod games existed yet) was a 3DS Ambassador Program for the 3DS, and the type of puzzle game it is I'm no good at and found boring, so I don't even have mine anymore. That said, yeah, I don't understand how they'd have trouble emulating it for Wii Virtual Console.

I just read the review on NL and it sounds pretty much like another Dr. Mario/Columns/Magical Drop game and looks pretty dire. Pass! Roll on Yoshi's Island in some form, please.

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

Now that's some NextGen Nintendy' stage design.

Is that what the actual game looks like? I've seen other screenshots of a very identical resemblance to Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Which would be very disappointing.

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

I don't remember if it was in the Nintendo Direct or not but I remember seeing that image on the internet within 24 hours and I doubt even the internet could make that up in such a short amount of time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DaveGX

Yeah that picture does look familiar and if it's gonna be used as opposed to making a side scroller, then this image is a WIN!

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't remember if it was in the Nintendo Direct or not but I remember seeing that image on the internet within 24 hours and I doubt even the internet could make that up in such a short amount of time.

You didn't answer my question. Then again, you're not inclined to, but still. I hope the game isn't that identical to Kirby.

This doesn't make sense. Hopefully the identical Kirby footage is like a bonus room at the end of every world a la Rayman Origins, and the above image is the actual game play.

Just for you.

ShadJV

I imagine the visuals might vary depending on the world Yoshi is in, so we might get some stages closer to the image above and others like Kirby's yarn adventure. Though I could be wrong. Fingers crossed that it's so realistic I could swear there's cloth and stuffing in my television.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Sean_Aaron

Yes that image was in Nintendo Direct and yes the game looks brilliant. Hopefully the game plays brilliantly too!

zoroarkrules25

The images still look very nice designed and i do believe that the epic yarn like pic will be a bonus stage.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic