Wii U Forum

Topic: Xbox One vs. Wii U (miiverse/wiiTV)

Showing 1 to 20 of 23

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

1. Posted:

From what I see so far, the Xbox One lets you plug your cable tv box or satelittle box directly into the console so it should integrate TV/console even better than WiiTV. It seems even more seamless and with more features.

Miiverse is cool, but to stay in touch with friends and to chat with video and interact in every way Xbox One again seems to be a step ahead. It even has a great NFL experience to integrate fantasy football and watching football together at the same time.

The one thing that the Wii U is ahead in for now is the big touchscreen is built into the controller so we can draw pictures in messages easier and use it in games more smoothly. That smartglass technology seems decent, but you would need to put down the controller to pick up the tablet/phone.

I think Wii U has a lot of good ideas, but the way everything is slowly released and kind of a slow pain to switch between gaming/tv/youtube(slow loading even now) makes it seem like they want to compete with xbox and allow the console to do everything in one, but they haven't mastered how to do it yet. MS had so many years on xbox and 360 already to perfect this.

I am a gamer, so I will probably try the xbox one out close to release time, if it doesn't impress me i can always sell it. How about you?

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

2. Posted:

TV tailored to the american market. Would i be able to do that with the EPL? Most likely... no. Why should i plug my sky box into when its already there to use?

I dont see any benefits for me. Which is why ill go with a PS4

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

3. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

TV tailored to the american market. Would i be able to do that with the EPL? Most likely... no. Why should i plug my sky box into when its already there to use?

I dont see any benefits for me. Which is why ill go with a PS4

Because you dont have to even switch inputs to go between internet, gaming and tv. You wont think of tv, gaming and internet(netflix, youtube and other apps) as different things, its all seamless in one.

PS4 we dont know how that will work yet, might be even cooler, who knows. I'm just saying so far Xbox One is way ahead of Wii u in this area.

Wii U makes a big deal out of miiverse and wiiTV and they seem to be way behind in technology compared to the Xbox One.

I bet smartglass will allow us to watch on any tablet or phone too. Similar to how we can watch stuff on the Wii U controller, except this will work on any tablet/phone so maybe many people can watch things and maybe even different things all at once.

Edited on by GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

4. Posted:

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

5. Posted:

KingJoonToon wrote:

TV tailored to the american market. Would i be able to do that with the EPL? Most likely... no. Why should i plug my sky box into when its already there to use?

I dont see any benefits for me. Which is why ill go with a PS4

To make things easier. Pretty much turns the One into a universal remote without having to do the TV part like the Wii U.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

6. Posted:

Because watching TV on the console you probably have hooked up to a TV and already pay for cable is such a great idea. :P

I don't see why Miiverse is being used as a comparison, but I'd take drawing obsene pictures over a completely redundant feature any day.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AaronB

7. Posted:

The speed of switching between things was one of the most impressive things about the Xbox One. I don't think TV integration is that big of a deal, though. I tried TVii once, had trouble getting it set up, and just gave up. I barely watch live TV anymore with all the on-demand stuff available. I'm ok with using my Wii U to stream shows from Amazon Prime (or Netflix, or whatever); and I LOVE being able to do that on the GamePad or play games even while someone else watches TV. Would I like the load times to be a lot faster? Yes, and I hope the Summer update brings more improvement. It's not a deal-breaker, though.

Microsoft really wants the techies who are also NFL nuts who play fantasy football. That's a significant chunk of the US gamer population, but not a majority, and almost non-existent in the rest of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if it does waaay better in the US than overseas; even more than the 360.

It's going to come down to games, I think. I'm about 98% sure that there are going to be quite a few Wii U exclusive games that I'm going to absolutely love. PS4 has some very good-looking ones (Knack looks like it could have been a Nintendo title), but Xbox One still has just question marks. I'm really looking forward to E3.

AaronB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

8. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because watching TV on the console you probably have hooked up to a TV and already pay for cable is such a great idea. :P

I don't see why Miiverse is being used as a comparison, but I'd take drawing obsene pictures over a completely redundant feature any day.

It is because you don't have to switch inputs and also it means you can send that signal to any device like a phone or tablet through the xbox.

Miiverse is supposed to be Wii U connecting players and making comments to each other, etc. It is Nintendo's avatar system like your gamertag on xbox.

You say why do we need any of this? Well Why did nintendo make Wii TV and miiverse then and try to do all of this stuff? Now that they did it i'm comparing their old technology against the xbox one which seems to be doing all of it but 10 x better and smoother.

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaveDweller

9. Posted:

Miiverse is a completely different kettle of fish, though; It is much more community based than what the Xbox or Playstation has ever offered before. I'm not saying that necessarily makes it better or anything like that, but they aren't trying achieve the same goals. In fact I'd argue that sending instant messages to friends is quicker and less cumbersome on the other consoles. But Miiverse has never been about that in the first place, so comparing the two is a bit redundant...

Edited on by CaveDweller

CaveDweller

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8504-5986 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

10. Posted:

AaronB wrote:

The speed of switching between things was one of the most impressive things about the Xbox One. I don't think TV integration is that big of a deal, though. I tried TVii once, had trouble getting it set up, and just gave up. I barely watch live TV anymore with all the on-demand stuff available. I'm ok with using my Wii U to stream shows from Amazon Prime (or Netflix, or whatever); and I LOVE being able to do that on the GamePad or play games even while someone else watches TV. Would I like the load times to be a lot faster? Yes, and I hope the Summer update brings more improvement. It's not a deal-breaker, though.

Microsoft really wants the techies who are also NFL nuts who play fantasy football. That's a significant chunk of the US gamer population, but not a majority, and almost non-existent in the rest of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if it does waaay better in the US than overseas; even more than the 360.

It's going to come down to games, I think. I'm about 98% sure that there are going to be quite a few Wii U exclusive games that I'm going to absolutely love. PS4 has some very good-looking ones (Knack looks like it could have been a Nintendo title), but Xbox One still has just question marks. I'm really looking forward to E3.

They can integrate it with soccer for europe and also associate in NBA which is loved worldwide.

But yea games is the main draw to any console. I know Nintendo will have 4-5 games like mario kart, mario games, Punchout, zelda, etc. and I hope they can add in some awesome RPGs.

Xbox probably will have way more good games though. PS4 also will have way more good games than Wii U. Indie games will also thrive more on those 2 as they use more PC like architecture and just are the more popular machines, same reason 3rd parties are making games for old PS3/Xbox 360 and skipping Wii U(supposed to be next gen) now.

Edited on by theblackdragon

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

11. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because watching TV on the console you probably have hooked up to a TV and already pay for cable is such a great idea. :P

I don't see why Miiverse is being used as a comparison, but I'd take drawing obsene pictures over a completely redundant feature any day.

That's compable and you know it. That's like complaining that The TIvo Overlay goes over your Cable providers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UpdateNightmare

12. Posted:

If you like TV, you will like Xbox One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kb...

UpdateNightmare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

13. Posted:

Even if it did the impossible and integrated well with live AFL/cricket broadcasts, which seems highly unlikely given it'll be US centric, I still wouldn't be that interested. Stats are interesting sometimes but there are phone/tablet apps for that already. The rest of the time I just want to watch the game.........

I don't think this will be the killer app they think it'll be

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because watching TV on the console you probably have hooked up to a TV and already pay for cable is such a great idea. :P

I don't see why Miiverse is being used as a comparison, but I'd take drawing obsene pictures over a completely redundant feature any day.

That's compable and you know it. That's like complaining that The TIvo Overlay goes over your Cable providers.

I have no idea what you're saying. You really need to read your posts before you post them. And I mean really read. Forget what You're trying to say and read what's there, because what's there is illegible.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

15. Posted:

I haven't figured Wii Tvii yet, but the social system certainly is a winner. The focus on skype for Xbox One is a little bit too tedious, they need something similar to Miiverse. The TV/console integration does sound better on the Xbox One.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

16. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because watching TV on the console you probably have hooked up to a TV and already pay for cable is such a great idea. :P

I don't see why Miiverse is being used as a comparison, but I'd take drawing obsene pictures over a completely redundant feature any day.

That's compable and you know it. That's like complaining that The TIvo Overlay goes over your Cable providers.

I have no idea what you're saying. You really need to read your posts before you post them. And I mean really read. Forget what You're trying to say and read what's there, because what's there is illegible.

You compared hooking up hooking up a One to cable as being a redundant feature. With that Logic so would Tivo which is product that plugs into your existing Cable box and replaces its UI overlay.

That and Just pure convenience. I mean I like the Wii U remote features yet that's pretty redundant all things considered.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

17. Posted:

You compared hooking up hooking up hooking up hooking up
Untitled

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

18. Posted:

What convenience? What could possibly be more convenient than pressing a button to turn on the damn TV?!?!?!

Edited on by theblackdragon

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pikku

19. Posted:

Have they mentioned anything about subscription fees yet?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

20. Posted:

My Wii U has a TV remote function. I don't have any services(at all) with an HDMI port. I use a digital antenna, so my Wii U is the only device that would be able to incorporate itself with my TV, unless Xbox One uses ARC.

$¢@®³’²