Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 outsold Wii U In Sales For Black Friday This Year

Posts 101 to 120 of 123

Jaz007

midnafanboy wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm also going to mention that the source is potentially incorrect. They the XBOne outsold the PS4 last holiday, which as we all know, didn't happen.

Why?Cause your favorite system sold less than another one?

No, I'm pointing out reasonable doubt. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying it may not be correct.

Jaz007

skywake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Sales figures, blah, blah, blah....
All I know is that I have a Wii U, 3DS and PC and nothing else interests me at all.

But what about the games you're missing out on?! They'll reach 10 between the two consoles soon I'm sure!

I don't know man. I guess I'll have to just live with the fact that I can only enjoy all of Nintendo's exclusives, a back catalogue of third party games going back ten years as well as the vast bulk of pretty much everything over the next forever. You have to make some compromises I guess. I can enjoy all of these fantastic games and I won't be able to gloat about sales figures. How will I manage!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

iKhan

Janfeae wrote:

All 3 company's game divisions are doing okay. Nintendo doesn't deserved to be bashed, or say that it's doomed, because it isn't. I'm glad some people stand up for the good points, however, these same people often bash Sony and Microsoft in doing so!

A reminder, this is the first year for both the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. This is the second year for the Wii U. For the first year, they are doing amazing; outselling the console that came an entire year before it. But even still, the "negative" hard core nintendo fans (Dont want to be rude and say fanboy) still fire shots at Playstation and Xbox for not having a ton of exclusives yet. Well then, let us journey back one year and see what the Wii U had to offer in it's first year at this time...This is a time with no Mario Kart 8, no Smash Bros Wii U, no Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, No Hyrule Warriors, and going back back a few days, not even Super Mario 3d World!!!! Nintendo had much less to offer in comparison.

The other thing these users point out is that they lean on remakes. Well, Nintendo did the same thing with Windwaker Hd, because they needed to put out something so you would have something to play in the meantime. As I noted, the games just weren't ready yet. Nintendo needed more time to pump out the exclusives, and so does Sony and Mircrosoft. It's not fair to badmouth the competition, when Nintendo is guilty of doing the same thing to stay afloat until the games are finished, especially when the competition did a better job of it in literally half the time.

If Nintendo jumps off a bridge, is it okay for Sony and Microsoft to do the same?

I'm not going to defend Nintendo and say they had a good first year. It was awful. Compared to pretty much every previous Nintendo console, the lineup was sparse. But, the system did at least have >3 decent generational exclusives. The PS4 and XB1 hardly have anything that's exclusive to the generation, let alone the systems alone. If I'm going to drop 400 dollars on a system, I'm going to want to play games that weren't possible with what I already have.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Drawdler

skywake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

All I know is that I have a Wii U, 3DS and PC and nothing else interests me at all.

But what about the games you're missing out on?! They'll reach 10 between the two consoles soon I'm sure!

I don't know man. I guess I'll have to just live with the fact that I can only enjoy all of Nintendo's exclusives, a back catalogue of third party games going back ten years as well as the vast bulk of pretty much everything over the next forever. You have to make some compromises I guess. I can enjoy all of these fantastic games and I won't be able to gloat about sales figures. How will I manage!

But just think about all of the GAMEFAQS ARGUMENT THREADS that you'll lose.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

iKhan

Drawdler wrote:

skywake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

But just think about all of the GAMEFAQS ARGUMENT THREADS that you'll lose.

It's genuinely entertaining to read the troll or Nintendrone topics on gamefaqs from time to time. There is so much stupidity it's not even funny. Everyone assumes that there are only 2 camps, Nintendo fans and Nintendo haters, and each person in those camps have exactly the same opinions. I can't believe I used to go there.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

dumedum

What is so damaging to Nintendo is the fact it's not available for sale on Amazon (U.S.). That's just stupid.
Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U), Pokemon, Mario Kart 8 etc are all best selling games, but the console is not available.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

rallydefault

Lol, I had no idea that gamefaqs could get so heated! I'll have to head over there for some amusement.

You see, it's the internet, so it's pretty darn easy to just label people because there's no real attachment beyond the screen. Somebody says something in favor of Nintendo, and - BOOM -, they MUST be a Nintendo fan. Label them and walk away feeling smug, right?

Anyway, I'm now seeing this "study" popping up on the big gaming sites, so it will be interesting to see the real results once the companies THEMSELVES release some figures. Personally, I think the sample size in contrast to population is a tad small, but technically it's a fine sample size. What I think may REALLY skew the results is the whole "optional survey by smartphone" bit.

rallydefault

scrubbyscum999

At the end of the day as long as the Big N is surviving I'm fine. I love my Wii U and really enjoy it even if it ends up not selling a lot. I'm getting a Vita and hopefully a PS4, but only cause I'll be making quite a bit of money at my seasonal job and I can spend money for what is essentially one game for each system. Also, I'm at the point where the idea of buying another system no longer really bothers me.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Drawdler

iKhan wrote:

It's genuinely entertaining to read the troll or Nintendrone topics on gamefaqs from time to time. There is so much stupidity it's not even funny. Everyone assumes that there are only 2 camps, Nintendo fans and Nintendo haters, and each person in those camps have exactly the same opinions. I can't believe I used to go there.

I was wondering if you were the same iKhan from there. I don't have an account there, but I've been lurking for months. Sadly, now the Pokémon and Smash boards (which were my favourites) have slowed down Still "good" enough to lurk occasionally.
My favourite topic was about picking between Smash early and marrying someone's crush. I was so disappointed when it never reached 500.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

iKhan

rallydefault wrote:

Lol, I had no idea that gamefaqs could get so heated! I'll have to head over there for some amusement.

You see, it's the internet, so it's pretty darn easy to just label people because there's no real attachment beyond the screen. Somebody says something in favor of Nintendo, and - BOOM -, they MUST be a Nintendo fan. Label them and walk away feeling smug, right?

Anyway, I'm now seeing this "study" popping up on the big gaming sites, so it will be interesting to see the real results once the companies THEMSELVES release some figures. Personally, I think the sample size in contrast to population is a tad small, but technically it's a fine sample size. What I think may REALLY skew the results is the whole "optional survey by smartphone" bit.

It's partly the moderation. They don't control whether you can repost something that was posted a few minutes ago. So troll topics recurr constantly. But they overmoderate off topic posting.

Alucard83

Nuff said. Work it on Nintendo. Like I told you we need more internal HDD! Without no deal at homes! Nuff said

Alucard83

Edie

There are so many problems with the Wii U and none of them are actually with the Wii U in my opinion. When I was choosing my console I knew what games I wanted to play and was told "you want a Nintendo". I had no idea what a Wii U was even though it had been on the market for two years. As has been mentioned before many times it sounds more like an accessory for the the original Wii than a new console like the "Wii Zapper"

From what I gather Nintendo don't advertise as much as Microsoft and Sony. In a way I like this but I can see the downside side from a business perspective as well. My Boyfriend and I don't watch television but when we are online we are forever being told that our lives are meaningless and empty and that can easily change with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Sony advertise to of course but we don't get as many PlayStation 4 ads and the only time I get Nintendo ads is if I'm actually on the Nintendo YouTube channel or watching Nintendo related content "let's plays" etc. My Boyfriend says he has never seen a Nintendo ad except for Pokémon years ago.

As much as I like the Wii U I don't think I'm bias in favour of it I see where I think Nintendo cut corners or just didn't bother perhaps expecting Sony or Microsoft to do the same USB 3 is an example. Hardly a top priority consider there are many other things the Wii U lacks but it's simple and not expensive and would have required no change in the design. I'm probably the only person who owns a Wii U that is annoyed with it not having USB 3.0 but it bugs me so...

My final point and I've thought about this a lot and this is only my opinion and I aspect I may be wrong. Is that the Wii U is failing not because it's underpowered or the other consoles are better but because the average person is not fully aware of what it is want to buy or are buying at the time.

I am 25 I have no children (yet) but one of my best friend's who is slightly older than me had a child very young. Her boy is 9 and she has bought him a PlayStation 4 with Grand Theft Auto V for Christmas. I've never played any of those games but I know it's an 18 certificate and they are notoriously violent not suitable for a 9 year old I would say. Now if the boy wants a PlayStation 4 I can understand so I tried to point out some more kid friendly games but no "all the other mums are getting their kids Grand Theft Auto".

I actually disagree with those who say Nintendo's main market is children. I think it's actually older people who have have a "legacy" with Nintendo from their childhood. The games are kid friendly sure but I can't see many 5 - 9/10? year olds going out of their way to get all the collectables etc in a Mario game etc maybe I'm wrong. These kids then become the adults and the main market of the future like you are now.

However if people aren't buying their children Nintendos because they are buying them widely inappropriate content well Nintendo can't compete with stupidity

Rant over...

Much Love All,

Eide x

Edie

CrazyOtto

I'm not trying to seem like a wannabe anylist, I'm really enjoying my Wii U but I think this was Nintendo's last chance to make the Wii U sell better than 64 and Gamecube levels but I still think the Wii U will make it to the end of its life cycle with more great games to fill in the time.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Rexcalibr

This is horrible news. I'm worried for Nintendo's future. I can see them eventually just making games for other consoles and not making future consoles of their own.

Rexcalibr

CaviarMeths

Rexcalibr wrote:

This is horrible news. I'm worried for Nintendo's future. I can see them eventually just making games for other consoles and not making future consoles of their own.

Nintendo is the least likely of the three current manufacturers to do that. There is talk of Xbox One being Microsoft's last console, and Sony seems to be moving towards subscription streaming service.

I'd say there's about a 70% chance of there being a Playstation 5, a 50% chance of there being an Xbox 4, and a 95% chance of there being a Nintendo 7.

And I can't see Sony staying in the handheld market at all.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

SpookyMeths wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Nintendo is the least likely of the three current manufacturers to do that. There is talk of Xbox One being Microsoft's last console, and Sony seems to be moving towards subscription streaming service.

I'd say there's about a 70% chance of there being a Playstation 5, a 50% chance of there being an Xbox 4, and a 95% chance of there being a Nintendo 7.

I don't agree with your Sony calculations. They're doing extremely well with the PS4, and subscription based services can't replace the PS5, because you can't make new games with it. It'd be like having blockbusters skip theaters and just going to Netflix instead. It just won't work.

Jaz007

CaviarMeths

Jaz007 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

I don't agree with your Sony calculations. They're doing extremely well with the PS4, and subscription based services can't replace the PS5, because you can't make new games with it. It'd be like having blockbusters skip theaters and just going to Netflix instead. It just won't work.

I still think it's likely that they'll make the PS5, but I can see them gradually moving towards subscription and microconsoles.

They've spoken about this quite recently.

And for handheld, I think they'll just go mobile. Start making smartphones with buttons and phase out Vita production, probably even within this gen. They're already selling mobile games on Vita and launching Playstation Now on mobile, so maybe they're making the transition already. Which is a shame, really. I love my Vita and it would be sad to see Nintendo as the "last guard" of the dedicated handheld gaming device.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

SpookyMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

I still think it's likely that they'll make the PS5, but I can see them gradually moving towards subscription and microconsoles.

They've spoken about this quite recently.

And for handheld, I think they'll just go mobile. Start making smartphones with buttons and phase out Vita production, probably even within this gen. They're already selling mobile games on Vita and launching Playstation Now on mobile, so maybe they're making the transition already. Which is a shame, really. I love my Vita and it would be sad to see Nintendo as the "last guard" of the dedicated handheld gaming device.

They tried making a PS Phone though, and I don't think it went well. There's also virtually nothing good in PS Mobile.

Jaz007

arojilla

Edie wrote:

From what I gather Nintendo don't advertise as much as Microsoft and Sony. In a way I like this but I can see the downside side from a business perspective as well. My Boyfriend and I don't watch television but when we are online we are forever being told that our lives are meaningless and empty and that can easily change with the purchase of an Xbox One.

Sony advertise to of course but we don't get as many PlayStation 4 ads and the only time I get Nintendo ads is if I'm actually on the Nintendo YouTube channel or watching Nintendo related content "let's plays" etc. My Boyfriend says he has never seen a Nintendo ad except for Pokémon years ago.

I see a lot of Nintendo spots here in Spain. Even one from Ubisoft for Just Dance (strangely enough at the end of the spot they show the game boxes but don't they mention the console, I mean, like "for Wii U", no, just the box, I guess that's a way for them to advertise the game for other platforms at the same time?).

Edie wrote:

I am 25 I have no children (yet) but one of my best friend's who is slightly older than me had a child very young. Her boy is 9 and she has bought him a PlayStation 4 with Grand Theft Auto V for Christmas. I've never played any of those games but I know it's an 18 certificate and they are notoriously violent not suitable for a 9 year old I would say. Now if the boy wants a PlayStation 4 I can understand so I tried to point out some more kid friendly games but no "all the other mums are getting their kids Grand Theft Auto".

Yes, I've seen this. Like an old woman getting GTA for a 7 y/o boy because that's what she understood was cool at the moment.

Edie wrote:

However if people aren't buying their children Nintendos because they are buying them widely inappropriate content well Nintendo can't compete with stupidity

And now Target retired the game in Australia because of a petition? Well, that's what happens when people can,t understand what a rating is and that shouldn't be buying 18+ games to children.

arojilla

arojilla

Jaz007 wrote:

They tried making a PS Phone though, and I don't think it went well. There's also virtually nothing good in PS Mobile.

I wanted the Xperia Play so much... I still have a Nokia N-Gage QD. I love the idea of a dedicated phone/console as I can't always take the 3DS with me (DS back in the day), but I think I'll wait until Nintendo do it. Which may be never, I know.

arojilla

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.