Wii U Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 781 to 800 of 929

AuthorMessage

Blast

781. Posted:

I bet some of you guys will judge me for this... but I'm gonna say it anyway:

I hope there's fanservice in this game. Not over the top fanservice but the cool and witty kind.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

782. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I hope there's fanservice in this game. Not over the top fanservice but the cool and witty kind.

1. Please elaborate
2. In a post-Kill la Kill world, I need better justifications and cleverness for anything beyond mild amounts of fanservice. If I roll my eyes once, they have failed.

I like the current strategy for fanservice games where they fanservice for the ladies too. I don't have to feel like a sexist jerk and I don't run the risk of homophobes playing the games I play. Win-win situation. Xenoblade did let everyone run around in practically their underwear if you wanted so there's that...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

783. Posted:

If I have to sit through a forced bath/hot springs scene, I will barf up my last year's worth of meals.

But sure, some sex appeal is never a bad thing.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

Blast

784. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

1. Please elaborate
2. In a post-Kill la Kill world, I need better justifications and cleverness for anything beyond mild amounts of fanservice. If I roll my eyes once, they have failed.

I like the current strategy for fanservice games where they fanservice for the ladies too. I don't have to feel like a sexist jerk and I don't run the risk of homophobes playing the games I play. Win-win situation. Xenoblade did let everyone run around in practically their underwear if you wanted so there's that...

As in... optional fanservice. Hidden scenes and dialogue that you hafta find or look for. Imagine your character walking in a club in a town late at night and Elma offers you to have a drink with her or something. She's been drinking and she tells you that she thinks you are cute. Fanservice like that.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

785. Posted:

Ah, that's fair enough. Could work, wouldn't mind at least.

AuthorMessage

Blast

786. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ah, that's fair enough. Could work, wouldn't mind at least.

Fanservice can actually work really well for XCX especially since the avatar is our own creation. XCX needs to make the player feel special and cool but not some emotionless clown. If there was a scene of maybe like Elma grabbing the avatar's hand before a bunch of monsters charging at them would be amazing. I don't have a crush on Elma or anything. I just want my avatar to have some love interests!!!!

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

787. Posted:

fanservice is fine as long as it isnt forced. I'd be cool with a moderate amount

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Blast

788. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

fanservice is fine as long as it isnt forced. I'd be cool with a moderate amount

Heck, am I the only one who would actually like a party member who was just over the top about romance? Like constantly hitting on characters and even the avatar? Man.... I just imagined a scene where the over the top romance person is asking your avatar questions about who you are interested in late at night at a camp fire where everyone else is asleep.

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

789. Posted:

Blast wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Heck, am I the only one who would actually like a party member who was just over the top about romance? Like constantly hitting on characters and even the avatar? Man.... I just imagined a scene where the over the top romance person is asking your avatar questions about who you are interested in late at night at a camp fire where everyone else is asleep.

Yeah I could see that being pretty interesting.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

790. Posted:

As a big fan of Rune Factory, yeah, I'm fine with that.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

Operative

791. Posted:

Just finished the original game today. Boy that ending was not expected. Kind of... Disappointing to learn everything. But this game is now high up on my most wanted list. Part of me is sad that this starts off on earth. I love the idea of a unique world like how bionis and mechonis were. I know it moves to a new planet but you won't be finding any big cities like alcomoth there. Could be wrong though

Edited on by Operative

Operative

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

792. Posted:

Operative wrote:

Just finished the original game today. Boy that ending was not expected. Kind of... Disappointing to learn everything. But this game is now high up on my most wanted list. Part of me is sad that this starts off on earth. I love the idea of a unique world like how bionis and mechonis were. I know it moves to a new planet but you won't be finding any big cities like alcomoth there. Could be wrong though

Well to be fair they never exactly said humans were the only intelligent life on Mira (The planet XBX will take place on) so big cities aren't out of the question. Last year's e3 trailer actually shows the player walking around a large city, granted that's probably Neo L.A.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Hy8ogen

793. Posted:

Like got tripped and grab them bewbies? sure why not.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

794. Posted:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Wow, it's like Blast completely dodged a bullet and you just enthusiastically ran right into its path instead. That's impressive in the saddest way ever.

alternate comment: Congrats, I also read Love Hina. 10 years ago.

....holy **** that was 10 years ago...maybe 9?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

795. Posted:

Hoping talk becomes more interesting in a few pages.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

796. Posted:

Well I happened to be on gamefaqs the other day and there's a thread on the XBX board about the possibility of us getting a direct for the game. I mean if Hyrule Warriors can get one anything is possible.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

797. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well I happened to be on gamefaqs the other day and there's a thread on the XBX board about the possibility of us getting a direct for the game. I mean if Hyrule Warriors can get one anything is possible.

I see that Nintendo Directs shortly before an upcoming release will be the the direction Nintendo is headed for the foreseeable future.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

798. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I see that Nintendo Directs shortly before an upcoming release will be the the direction Nintendo is headed for the foreseeable future.

Which could be a pro or a con, depending on which games they think deserve one.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Hy8ogen

799. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Wow, it's like Blast completely dodged a bullet and you just enthusiastically ran right into its path instead. That's impressive in the saddest way ever.

@kkslider5552000 Dude, Love Hina is a great Manga. You got taste. Ichigo 100% ain't bad either.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

800. Posted:

Hy8ogen wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

@kkslider5552000 Dude, Love Hina is a great Manga. You got taste. Ichigo 100% ain't bad either.

I can't speak for the Manga but now you guys have the opening theme song stuck in my head from the Anime! :P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech