Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 781 to 800 of 4,371

TheLilK98

Ryno wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well I happened to be on gamefaqs the other day and there's a thread on the XBX board about the possibility of us getting a direct for the game. I mean if Hyrule Warriors can get one anything is possible.

I see that Nintendo Directs shortly before an upcoming release will be the the direction Nintendo is headed for the foreseeable future.

Which could be a pro or a con, depending on which games they think deserve one.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Like got tripped and grab them bewbies? sure why not.

Wow, it's like Blast completely dodged a bullet and you just enthusiastically ran right into its path instead. That's impressive in the saddest way ever.

alternate comment: Congrats, I also read Love Hina. 10 years ago.

....holy **** that was 10 years ago...maybe 9?

@kkslider5552000 Dude, Love Hina is a great Manga. You got taste. Ichigo 100% ain't bad either.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Spoony_Tech

Hy8ogen wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Like got tripped and grab them bewbies? sure why not.

Wow, it's like Blast completely dodged a bullet and you just enthusiastically ran right into its path instead. That's impressive in the saddest way ever.

alternate comment: Congrats, I also read Love Hina. 10 years ago.

....holy **** that was 10 years ago...maybe 9?

@kkslider5552000 Dude, Love Hina is a great Manga. You got taste. Ichigo 100% ain't bad either.

I can't speak for the Manga but now you guys have the opening theme song stuck in my head from the Anime!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

Am I the only one who is not liking the look of this game?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

19Robb92

Probably.

Looks gorgeous IMO.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Spoony_Tech

WaLzgi wrote:

I said it on the E3 revile trailer that it looks incredibly generic. At least the character models do. The beauty of the game is in part what drew me in to the original.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

What are you guys talking about, this game looks great.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MsJubilee

You guys must be crazy,cause the original game and this one looks amazing.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ryno

Nice gifs, Game looks amazing. Some people are just stuck on them faces and cant look beyond that.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

Hahahah XCX has already hit sacred status, man. In other words.... this game looks amazing and will be amazing. The fans like me have decided XCX will be a near flawless experience!!! If you don't like the look.... that's fine.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TheLilK98

literally the only thing I don't like the look of are the human faces. The demi human-cat people are fine, the enemies, and of course environments are top notch. but some of those human models....I mean I get that it's probably an homage to xenosaga and everything but still.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

So far this game looks absolutely phenomenal, but I really hope Monolith "upgrades" the character models.

Honestly Monolith please do upgrade them. Not being a graphics nut, but how can a game looks like this,
Untitled

And then looks like this? Doesn't make any sense!
Untitled

@Ryno Agreed, but the character models is just plain awful. It's like looking at a PS2 game. If Monolith ships the game with the characters looking like that, I will be deeply disappointed considering I've been hyped for this game since E3 2013 and I'm convinced that this will be a 10/10 game.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

Akazury

I don't mind a bit of weird face for character customization and the biggest possible world on WiiU. I mean we never saw the faces in earlier trailers and this doesn't look all to bad for the overall feel of the game.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

@Akazury Did you look at the second picture? It's not just about the faces, the whole character models just feels extremely outdated. Personally I'm not a graphics nut, but this is borderline unacceptable in 2015. The thing I really don't get is that the entire game looks simply outstanding (first picture) but character looks like it came out of a PS2 game (I'm not even hyperbolizing). I mean seriously, what's going on? I sincerely hope that it is just a rushed version to accommodate for the E3 showing and not the end product.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Spoony_Tech

I personally think they just have a hard time with the character art. Maybe the designer is just not that skilled at just that. After all the human face and what not is hard to do. The past game everything looked great but the characters just looked so so.

MERG said:

LzWinky

The character models look absolutely awful

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

The character models look absolutely awful

..... This isn't Square Enix.... where most of the effort goes into how pretty the characters look then the substance and depth of a JRPG

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

R_Champ

Hy8ogen wrote:

@Akazury Did you look at the second picture? It's not just about the faces, the whole character models just feels extremely outdated. Personally I'm not a graphics nut, but this is borderline unacceptable in 2015. The thing I really don't get is that the entire game looks simply outstanding (first picture) but character looks like it came out of a PS2 game (I'm not even hyperbolizing). I mean seriously, what's going on? I sincerely hope that it is just a rushed version to accommodate for the E3 showing and not the end product.

Have you played Xenoblade Chronicles...or just about ANY other Monolith game ('cept maybe saga)? Most of their characters models are kind of simple, but it's always been about how they make those simple models interact with an amazingly artistic world (even with lower resolution Xenoblade is more artistically minded than just about every other prettier looking cough$$$tween$$$cough counterpart, same goes with Xenogears and Baten Kaitos).

I'd say if it's bothering you THAT much you might need to pack it up, buy a PS4, move on over to Neogaf, and eagerly await the next Final Fantasy and CoD. I'd rather play an amazing game with meh graphics and phenomenal artistic design in 2015 than a generic Sqaure Enix or EA cash-in that looks amazing.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic