Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 761 to 780 of 4,371

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

I wonder if the game can be played with the Wii remote and nunchuck combo?Like in Xenoblade chronicles.

MAYBE

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

Okay this game is going to have off tv play.Every game that's coming out for the wiiu this year and next year is going to have off tv play. I hope, but meh i would't care games like this i'm playing it on the tv especially Zelda.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

OmegaMetroid93

Well, what can you actually imagine them using the gamepad for, besides maps and menus?
Which, might I add, are very good uses for the gamepad.
I don't want any of that first-person scanning stuff. This isn't Metroid Prime.
It would be nice to be able to go into first person,but you don't need the gamepad to do it.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

I bet some of you guys will judge me for this... but I'm gonna say it anyway:

I hope there's fanservice in this game. Not over the top fanservice but the cool and witty kind.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

I hope there's fanservice in this game. Not over the top fanservice but the cool and witty kind.

1. Please elaborate
2. In a post-Kill la Kill world, I need better justifications and cleverness for anything beyond mild amounts of fanservice. If I roll my eyes once, they have failed.

I like the current strategy for fanservice games where they fanservice for the ladies too. I don't have to feel like a sexist jerk and I don't run the risk of homophobes playing the games I play. Win-win situation. Xenoblade did let everyone run around in practically their underwear if you wanted so there's that...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

If I have to sit through a forced bath/hot springs scene, I will barf up my last year's worth of meals.

But sure, some sex appeal is never a bad thing.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

1. Please elaborate
2. In a post-Kill la Kill world, I need better justifications and cleverness for anything beyond mild amounts of fanservice. If I roll my eyes once, they have failed.

I like the current strategy for fanservice games where they fanservice for the ladies too. I don't have to feel like a sexist jerk and I don't run the risk of homophobes playing the games I play. Win-win situation. Xenoblade did let everyone run around in practically their underwear if you wanted so there's that...

As in... optional fanservice. Hidden scenes and dialogue that you hafta find or look for. Imagine your character walking in a club in a town late at night and Elma offers you to have a drink with her or something. She's been drinking and she tells you that she thinks you are cute. Fanservice like that.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ah, that's fair enough. Could work, wouldn't mind at least.

Fanservice can actually work really well for XCX especially since the avatar is our own creation. XCX needs to make the player feel special and cool but not some emotionless clown. If there was a scene of maybe like Elma grabbing the avatar's hand before a bunch of monsters charging at them would be amazing. I don't have a crush on Elma or anything. I just want my avatar to have some love interests!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

TheLilK98 wrote:

fanservice is fine as long as it isnt forced. I'd be cool with a moderate amount

Heck, am I the only one who would actually like a party member who was just over the top about romance? Like constantly hitting on characters and even the avatar? Man.... I just imagined a scene where the over the top romance person is asking your avatar questions about who you are interested in late at night at a camp fire where everyone else is asleep.

Master of the Hype Train

TheLilK98

Blast wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

fanservice is fine as long as it isnt forced. I'd be cool with a moderate amount

Heck, am I the only one who would actually like a party member who was just over the top about romance? Like constantly hitting on characters and even the avatar? Man.... I just imagined a scene where the over the top romance person is asking your avatar questions about who you are interested in late at night at a camp fire where everyone else is asleep.

Yeah I could see that being pretty interesting.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

As a big fan of Rune Factory, yeah, I'm fine with that.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TuVictus

Just finished the original game today. Boy that ending was not expected. Kind of... Disappointing to learn everything. But this game is now high up on my most wanted list. Part of me is sad that this starts off on earth. I love the idea of a unique world like how bionis and mechonis were. I know it moves to a new planet but you won't be finding any big cities like alcomoth there. Could be wrong though

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

TheLilK98

Operative wrote:

Just finished the original game today. Boy that ending was not expected. Kind of... Disappointing to learn everything. But this game is now high up on my most wanted list. Part of me is sad that this starts off on earth. I love the idea of a unique world like how bionis and mechonis were. I know it moves to a new planet but you won't be finding any big cities like alcomoth there. Could be wrong though

Well to be fair they never exactly said humans were the only intelligent life on Mira (The planet XBX will take place on) so big cities aren't out of the question. Last year's e3 trailer actually shows the player walking around a large city, granted that's probably Neo L.A.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Hy8ogen

Like got tripped and grab them bewbies? sure why not.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

kkslider5552000

Hy8ogen wrote:

Like got tripped and grab them bewbies? sure why not.

Wow, it's like Blast completely dodged a bullet and you just enthusiastically ran right into its path instead. That's impressive in the saddest way ever.

alternate comment: Congrats, I also read Love Hina. 10 years ago.

....holy **** that was 10 years ago...maybe 9?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jazzer94

Hoping talk becomes more interesting in a few pages.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TheLilK98

Well I happened to be on gamefaqs the other day and there's a thread on the XBX board about the possibility of us getting a direct for the game. I mean if Hyrule Warriors can get one anything is possible.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Ryno

TheLilK98 wrote:

Well I happened to be on gamefaqs the other day and there's a thread on the XBX board about the possibility of us getting a direct for the game. I mean if Hyrule Warriors can get one anything is possible.

I see that Nintendo Directs shortly before an upcoming release will be the the direction Nintendo is headed for the foreseeable future.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic