Wii U Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 761 to 780 of 929

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

761. Posted:

I'm excited for the game, but not so much for the apparently generic sci-fi setting. Monolith might make the world unique, but it just seems like more of the same right now,

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

762. Posted:

Cia wrote:

Xenoblade is a masterpiece and in my opinion, the best game on the Wii apart from SMG.

Factual statement.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hy8ogen

763. Posted:

@Inazuma_Pikpik">@Inazuma_Pikpik wrote:

I'm excited for the game, but not so much for the apparently generic sci-fi setting. Monolith might make the world unique, but it just seems like more of the same right now,

Western Sci-fi games are very different from Japanese's Sci-fi games. There aren't a lot of Japanese Sci-fi games to be honest.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

764. Posted:

Xenoblade did ALL THE THINGS to make what could've been generic RPG areas like Forests and Ice Mountain into brilliantly creative worlds that immediately stood out, so I don't think we need to worry about generic.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

765. Posted:

Inazuma_Pikpik wrote:

I'm excited for the game, but not so much for the apparently generic sci-fi setting. Monolith might make the world unique, but it just seems like more of the same right now,

Have you ever played a Xeno game before? None of them have been generic sci-fi.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

766. Posted:

What IS generic sci-fi anyway?

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

767. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

What IS generic sci-fi anyway?

There's no such thing as generic sci-fi, but there are common tropes within it's many sub-genres.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

768. Posted:

For example? I'm honestly not big into sci-fi and the only things I know are things from Star Wars and whatever has been in various JRPGs. And a little bit of Mass Effect and Dead Space, I guess, even though I never played those.

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

769. Posted:

Please have off-tv play.....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hy8ogen

770. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Please have off-tv play.....

I really don't think it will, or should I say I hope it doesn't. Please make good use of the gamepad monolith. I have faith in U.

@OmegaMetroid93 Generic sci-fi games are simply shooters with a more futuristic weaponry and mediocre story line like protecting the earth or overthrowing a corrupted empire and what not, in my books anyways. Which this game clearly is not and that is why I'm so hyped!

I really hope monolith puts more work into the character models though. The one they've shown on E3 2014 is simple hideous and freaking looks like a PS2 game.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

771. Posted:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Blast wrote:

Please have off-tv play.....

I really don't think it will, or should I say I hope it doesn't. Please make good use of the gamepad monolith. I have faith in U.

@OmegaMetroid93 Generic sci-fi games are simply shooters with a more futuristic weaponry and mediocre story line like protecting the earth or overthrowing a corrupted empire and what not, in my books anyways. Which this game clearly is not and that is why I'm so hyped!

I really hope monolith puts more work into the character models though. The one they've shown on E3 2014 is simple hideous and freaking looks like a PS2 game.

They can still make good use of the gamepad and have off tv play. Many others have done this!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

772. Posted:

Off TV-play IS good use of the gamepad in my opinion... And like SpoonyTech said, yes, they can have both. We've already seen how the map will be in the mini map on the screen, but the advantage to playing on your TV would then be that you could have a big map on the gamepad, with the ability to quick-travel by just touching the screen. Can you imagine how convenient that would be. If you played Xenoblade, you know how often you quick travel in that game.

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hy8ogen

773. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Blast wrote:

Please have off-tv play.....

I really don't think it will, or should I say I hope it doesn't. Please make good use of the gamepad monolith. I have faith in U.

@OmegaMetroid93 Generic sci-fi games are simply shooters with a more futuristic weaponry and mediocre story line like protecting the earth or overthrowing a corrupted empire and what not, in my books anyways. Which this game clearly is not and that is why I'm so hyped!

I really hope monolith puts more work into the character models though. The one they've shown on E3 2014 is simple hideous and freaking looks like a PS2 game.

They can still make good use of the gamepad and have off tv play. Many others have done this!

Perhaps I'm being vague, I do not want the off TV play for this game at all. I want the gamepad to be ESSENTIAL to the game play where it is needed 100% of the time and not just gimmicks, but actually providing a whole new dual screen experience. You know what I mean? If this game is a multi plat game, then yeah I would love the off-tv play and extra gimmicks to play with. But Since this is a Wii U exclusive, I really hope the gamepad is properly implemented into the game like Nintendo Land and Zombi U.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

774. Posted:

I'd rather have the off tv play. Its how I game about 90% of the time. If it's the case as you say then I'll be happy with that as well but off tv please! :P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

midnafanboy

775. Posted:

I wonder if the game can be played with the Wii remote and nunchuck combo?Like in Xenoblade chronicles.

Edited on by midnafanboy

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"CALL IT FRIENDO cause i can't ,it wouldn't be fair"
"Take that little girl,i hope slenderman comes back and stabs you in the nuts."One of Markipliers greatest quotes.

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

776. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'd rather have the off tv play. Its how I game about 90% of the time. If it's the case as you say then I'll be happy with that as well but off tv please! :P

Agreed! If there isn't a option for off-tv play then I will cry. I'm pretty sure there will be because this IS a game coming directly from Nintendo so there's a high chance there will have off-tv play. Even Monster Hunter U had off-tv play!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

777. Posted:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Blast wrote:

Please have off-tv play.....

I really don't think it will, or should I say I hope it doesn't. Please make good use of the gamepad monolith. I have faith in U.

@OmegaMetroid93 Generic sci-fi games are simply shooters with a more futuristic weaponry and mediocre story line like protecting the earth or overthrowing a corrupted empire and what not, in my books anyways. Which this game clearly is not and that is why I'm so hyped!

I really hope monolith puts more work into the character models though. The one they've shown on E3 2014 is simple hideous and freaking looks like a PS2 game.

They can still make good use of the gamepad and have off tv play. Many others have done this!

Perhaps I'm being vague, I do not want the off TV play for this game at all. I want the gamepad to be ESSENTIAL to the game play where it is needed 100% of the time and not just gimmicks, but actually providing a whole new dual screen experience. You know what I mean? If this game is a multi plat game, then yeah I would love the off-tv play and extra gimmicks to play with. But Since this is a Wii U exclusive, I really hope the gamepad is properly implemented into the game like Nintendo Land and Zombi U.

I understand your reasoning but still.... Off-tv play should be a option for every Wii U game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

778. Posted:

midnafanboy wrote:

I wonder if the game can be played with the Wii remote and nunchuck combo?Like in Xenoblade chronicles.

MAYBE

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

midnafanboy

779. Posted:

Okay this game is going to have off tv play.Every game that's coming out for the wiiu this year and next year is going to have off tv play. I hope, but meh i would't care games like this i'm playing it on the tv especially Zelda.

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"CALL IT FRIENDO cause i can't ,it wouldn't be fair"
"Take that little girl,i hope slenderman comes back and stabs you in the nuts."One of Markipliers greatest quotes.

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OmegaMetroid93

780. Posted:

Well, what can you actually imagine them using the gamepad for, besides maps and menus?
Which, might I add, are very good uses for the gamepad.
I don't want any of that first-person scanning stuff. This isn't Metroid Prime.
It would be nice to be able to go into first person,but you don't need the gamepad to do it.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93