Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 4,371

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this game is gonna get pushed to 2015. Its coming this year. Nintendo has a really good chance to captialize this year. Smash Bros. U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors AND X????? VERY GOOD LINEUP OF EXCLUSIVES.

It's certainly a waaaaaaayyy better exclusive line up than anything the PS4 and Xbone are currently offering. (Plus DK Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8!)

I'm not throwing shots at the PS4 but the only two exclusives coming to it this year are Last of Us Remastered (A GAME FROM THE PS3 THAT WAS LATE IN ITS LIFE) and DriveClub... Xbox One has Fable (I THINK) and Sunset Overdrive planned for this year. So the Wii U can really do some damage if nothing gets delayed.

Well E3 is this week so were going to find out this coming week either way. For argument's sake here's what we we know each of the big three have (CONFRIMED) for the rest of the year.

Nintendo
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Brothers for Wii U
Hyrule Warriors

Sony
The Last of US Remastered
DriveClub

Microsoft
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

whodatninja

shingi_70 wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this game is gonna get pushed to 2015. Its coming this year. Nintendo has a really good chance to captialize this year. Smash Bros. U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors AND X????? VERY GOOD LINEUP OF EXCLUSIVES.

It's certainly a waaaaaaayyy better exclusive line up than anything the PS4 and Xbone are currently offering. (Plus DK Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8!)

But than what. I mean le's say Nintendo decides to glut up so many titles within the end of the year, they could all be sent to die. The same-thing happened last year where Nintendo sent straight fire and it went all for naught in the face of the two console launches. In the same way it doesn't matter if Nintendo goes all out this fall if they don't have games for the spring time to keep that momentum up.

From a Business perspective New IP tends to do very well in the western countires launching outside of that November window, and in the spring time where there's usually not aot games tend to very well. The new Wolfenstien game, Watch_dogs, and hell even Mario Kart are showing of that,

On the business front X is a pretty big game resources so they wouldn't want to Xenoblade what can become a big thing if possible, Look at how Dark Souls 2 did this year selling around 3 million and it was an off shoot of franchise sony initially had no faith in like the rainfall game.

But the most important thing for Nintendo is that they've had two big role playing games the last two years that did well in the early part of the year.

Untitled
Untitled

It would be better to prop up a new IP in the spring on the back of Smash and than follow that momentum up with Zelda next fall.

Yeah, there is such a thing as blowing your load too quickly We wouldn't want Nintendo to do that. But I'm sure they'll have announcement for next year at E3 as well! Zelda and Mario will be two most likely.) We wouldn't want more of those 'droughts'...

But for now i'm not gonna hope for an English of X this year. Early 2015 sounds more likely afaik!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Andyliini

Altough I really admire Tetsuya Takahashi for his work on RPG-genre, I have never seen even a photo of him, or seen an interview. I looked up on Google, and I was surprised, he is actually only 48 years old, I always thought of him as older person, more like Miyamoto or Yuji Horii and such.

Anyway, X is one of my most anticiated games of this year, and I have faith in MonolithSoft, I have generally liked all of their games, altough I have only beaten a few of them.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Blast

Andyliini wrote:

Altough I really admire Tetsuya Takahashi for his work on RPG-genre, I have never seen even a photo of him, or seen an interview. I looked up on Google, and I was surprised, he is actually only 48 years old, I always thought of him as older person, more like Miyamoto or Yuji Horii and such.

Anyway, X is one of my most anticiated games of this year, and I have faith in MonolithSoft, I have generally liked all of their games, altough I have only beaten a few of them.

X is my most anticipated game, too

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Well that;s sort of crux of the problem, not matter what Nintendo does they can't take advantage of any major shift or momentum due to lack of third party support. We sort of get in this bubble only judging Microsoft and Sony by their exclusives when they'll have every other third party game on the platform.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Well that;s sort of crux of the problem, not matter what Nintendo does they can't take advantage of any major shift or momentum due to lack of third party support. We sort of get in this bubble only judging Microsoft and Sony by their exclusives when they'll have every other third party game on the platform.

TRUE but exclusives show plenty more worth in my eyes. If you have amazing 3rd party support but your exclusives are mediocre and forgotten within mere weeks then that's a shame. Not every 3rd party game is gonna be amazing either. At least the Wii U's exclusives have MOSTLY got good praise.

3rd party support means alot, though. It does. Exclusives mean more though in my eyes.

I plan on getting a PS4 sometime in late 2015 cuz I think its gonna have great worth and value by then.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

TRUE but exclusives show plenty more worth in my eyes. If you have amazing 3rd party support but your exclusives are mediocre and forgotten within mere weeks then that's a shame. Not every 3rd party game is gonna be amazing either. At least the Wii U's exclusives have MOSTLY got good praise.

3rd party support means alot, though. It does. Exclusives mean more though in my eyes.

I plan on getting a PS4 sometime in late 2015 cuz I think its gonna have great worth and value by then.

Can't diagree with you there out of the four retail games I own for my PS4 3 of them are first party and the next game I get will be one. But at the same time not every cares if a game is first party and its just nice when you feel like buying a new retail game.

WAT!

Blast

X, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 coming this year are good things. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and Zelda U are pretty much 2015 games. Natsume just announced that Wii U exclusive JRPG game. Nintendo will surely showcase other Wii U 2015 games at E3, too. So relax

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

X, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 coming this year are good things. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and Zelda U are pretty much 2015 games. Natsume just announced that Wii U exclusive JRPG game. Nintendo will surely showcase other Wii U 2015 games at E3, too. So relax

The Natsume game is eshop only. It still doesn't make sense why Nintendo would pair a potential new franchise with four other games one of which would get the bulk of marketing. The wonderful 101 didn't benefit from launching between Pikmin 3 and 3D world.

WAT!

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

The Natsume game is eshop only. It still doesn't make sense why Nintendo would pair a potential new franchise with four other games one of which would get the bulk of marketing. The wonderful 101 didn't benefit from launching between Pikmin 3 and 3D world.

Sales of a game doesn't equal quality of a game.... I want Nintendo to market their games well but if one doesn't sell well... that still doesn't take away from the fact its a good game.

And I totally forgot about Smash Bros. U coming this year. Haha.

Master of the Hype Train

whodatninja

I have never played Fire Emblem but I have played Persona. And pretty much any SMT game for the Wii U will always be a good thing and worth my money!

Also interested in this Natsume game... Before now I thought it was a 3DS exclusive! Just too bad it isn't this Natsume:
Untitled

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

OmegaMetroid93

Aren't we going a little bit off topic? Not that there's much on topic to talk about, but still... lol

TWO DAYS.

OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Haha, they only have to show one trailer and this thread will BLOW UP. xD
I'll be analyzing the hell out of it.

OmegaMetroid93

shingi_70

There will be no trailer.

WAT!

Jazzer94

shingi_70 wrote:

There will be no trailer.

Bet there will be as well as a live demo by tree house after.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

OmegaMetroid93

What makes you say there'll be no trailer? It's been a year since the last trailer they showed. And supposedly, that wasn't even a traiker but a teaser.
I'd say it's time to fully unveil this game. They'd be stupid not to.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Hy8ogen

2015?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Untitled

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Peach64

Seriously, this game was never coming in 2014.

Peach64

shingi_70

BOOM

First Platnuim games at Microsoft and now the Xendoblade delay.

I AM A FREAKING PROPHET BOW DOWN!!!!!!!!

too bad about the delay, but I thinks its going to be a key piece for next year.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic