Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 561 to 580 of 4,371

ejamer

So yeah, my preorder is in.

Canadians can get up to $20 off preorders from either BestBuy or FutureShop online - normally I'm not a "day 1" kind of guy but X is the reason I bought the system so it's hard to say no to a deal like that.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

OmegaMetroid93

Only 3 days left! I'm so excited! I'm expecting a new trailer, showing off more battles and hopefully some story, as well as some new environments.
I expect a full name and possibly even a release window.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

The same way Sony marketed Infamous: Second Son is the same way Nintendo should market X. Totally different games but same marketing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

The same way Sony marketed Infamous: Second Son is the same way Nintendo should market X. Totally different games but same marketing.

I'd be totally down with girl lead rock bands covering Nirvana songs for X's marketing. Not even joking.

I'd probably market it like a mix between Skyrim's and I guess Monster Hunter.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Offspring

I absolutely love Nirvana but Kurt would roll over in his grave if his songs were used in a commercial.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

whodatninja

I'm gonna get super cynical for a minute here:

Nintendo REALLY needs to built hype for Xenomech Saga, or whatever it's going to be called! Until now the only marketing they've done is that "You get to run around in a robot suit! COOL HUH?!!" and I don't think that's quite enough. Where are the reveals on the story, the gameplay, the characters, the localization??? Gamepad integration? What about how single player and multiplayer work and, perhaps, connect? Is there even a single player campaign or is it strictly multiplayer like Monster Hunter? We know very little about these things... They've probably shown us a bunch of this stuff, but they haven't given any cold hard facts yet! But I didn't play Xenoblade Chronicles so maybe "It plays like Xenoblade Chronicles" is all some people need to start salivating... (The giant robots did it for me )

Oh yeah and we don't even have a final title yet! All of this leads me to believe that the game wont be out for another year or so. No way it's releasing WORLDWIDE this year already!

We'll see how it develops in three days time... Please give us something, Nintendo!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

DefHalan

They will probably start marketing more when the release date is known and closer

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MAN1AC

@Ryno My bad. I didn't see ur post

This game is presumably going to be on shelves in 6 months so the time to start marketing it and giving details is now. Its obviously going to take back seat to Smash Bros, Zelda, and a few other games at E3 but Nintendo still needs to(and I believe they will) give a considerable amount of details about the game before E3 is over.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Blast

Yeah, I don't think this game is gonna get pushed to 2015. Its coming this year. Nintendo has a really good chance to captialize this year. Smash Bros. U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors AND X????? VERY GOOD LINEUP OF EXCLUSIVES.

Master of the Hype Train

whodatninja

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this game is gonna get pushed to 2015. Its coming this year. Nintendo has a really good chance to captialize this year. Smash Bros. U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors AND X????? VERY GOOD LINEUP OF EXCLUSIVES.

It's certainly a waaaaaaayyy better exclusive line up than anything the PS4 and Xbone are currently offering. (Plus DK Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8!)

whodatninja

triforcepower73

It's essentially confirmed to be shown at E3.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Blast

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

It's certainly a waaaaaaayyy better exclusive line up than anything the PS4 and Xbone are currently offering. (Plus DK Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8!)

I'm not throwing shots at the PS4 but the only two exclusives coming to it this year are Last of Us Remastered (A GAME FROM THE PS3 THAT WAS LATE IN ITS LIFE) and DriveClub... Xbox One has Fable (I THINK) and Sunset Overdrive planned for this year. So the Wii U can really do some damage if nothing gets delayed.

Master of the Hype Train

triforcepower73

whodatninja wrote:

I'm gonna get super cynical for a minute here:

Nintendo REALLY needs to built hype for Xenomech Saga, or whatever it's going to be called! Until now the only marketing they've done is that "You get to run around in a robot suit! COOL HUH?!!" and I don't think that's quite enough. Where are the reveals on the story, the gameplay, the characters, the localization??? Gamepad integration? What about how single player and multiplayer work and, perhaps, connect? Is there even a single player campaign or is it strictly multiplayer like Monster Hunter? We know very little about these things... They've probably shown us a bunch of this stuff, but they haven't given any cold hard facts yet! But I didn't play Xenoblade Chronicles so maybe "It plays like Xenoblade Chronicles" is all some people need to start salivating... (The giant robots did it for me )

Oh yeah and we don't even have a final title yet! All of this leads me to believe that the game wont be out for another year or so. No way it's releasing WORLDWIDE this year already!

We'll see how it develops in three days time... Please give us something, Nintendo!

Maybe they're waiting to drop a bunch of bombs, not just "The Bomb." O.O

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

shingi_70

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

But than what. I mean le's say Nintendo decides to glut up so many titles within the end of the year, they could all be sent to die. The same-thing happened last year where Nintendo sent straight fire and it went all for naught in the face of the two console launches. In the same way it doesn't matter if Nintendo goes all out this fall if they don't have games for the spring time to keep that momentum up.

From a Business perspective New IP tends to do very well in the western countires launching outside of that November window, and in the spring time where there's usually not aot games tend to very well. The new Wolfenstien game, Watch_dogs, and hell even Mario Kart are showing of that,

On the business front X is a pretty big game resources so they wouldn't want to Xenoblade what can become a big thing if possible, Look at how Dark Souls 2 did this year selling around 3 million and it was an off shoot of franchise sony initially had no faith in like the rainfall game.

But the most important thing for Nintendo is that they've had two big role playing games the last two years that did well in the early part of the year.

Untitled
Untitled

It would be better to prop up a new IP in the spring on the back of Smash and than follow that momentum up with Zelda next fall.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

I do agree that early 2015 might be better for X but as long as it isn't November, I think it'll be fine.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm not throwing shots at the PS4 but the only two exclusives coming to it this year are Last of Us Remastered (A GAME FROM THE PS3 THAT WAS LATE IN ITS LIFE) and DriveClub... Xbox One has Fable (I THINK) and Sunset Overdrive planned for this year. So the Wii U can really do some damage if nothing gets delayed.

Well E3 is this week so were going to find out this coming week either way. For argument's sake here's what we we know each of the big three have (CONFRIMED) for the rest of the year.

Nintendo
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Brothers for Wii U
Hyrule Warriors

Sony
The Last of US Remastered
DriveClub

Microsoft
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

whodatninja

Blast wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah none of those games are particularly exciting imo. There's a co-op Fable game (a series that has long been dead), a PS3 remaster, a bland social driving game and another first person shooter.

People saying the Wii U doesn't have any games are grossly underestimating it... Because seriously; all these Nintendo exclusives are going to make it a CRAZY Q4 for the Wii U. If there was ever a time to go in for the kill [in this console war], THIS IS IT!

Next year, however, things could get hairy for Nintendo what with Halo, possibly Uncharted and other exciting Next Gen games stepping into the ring...

whodatninja

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic