Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 501 to 520 of 4,371

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

Its a shame W101 struggled... its a game that nearly every Wii U owner should have. Are the controls tricky at first? Yeah but it takes practice!

that was the problem with most people playing the demo, and the reviewers of multiple websites hated the controls so they gave up and gave it a bad-normal score

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

R_Champ

Blast wrote:

I REALLY hope X has a similar party system to how Mass Effect 3/Fire Emblem: Awakening does it.

Well, Xenoblade's party system/interaction was already similar to those two, but with slightly less plot/character development and more in-game practical usage (sharing skills, longer attack chains, better stats, better crafting chances, etc.). If they improve on it any more they'll have more than enough to make everyone happy...except maybe the waifu-breeding fanatics, I don't see a marriage system happening in this game.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Blast

R_Champ wrote:

Blast wrote:

I REALLY hope X has a similar party system to how Mass Effect 3/Fire Emblem: Awakening does it.

Well, Xenoblade's party system/interaction was already similar to those two, but with slightly less plot/character development and more in-game practical usage (sharing skills, longer attack chains, better stats, better crafting chances, etc.). If they improve on it any more they'll have more than enough to make everyone happy...except maybe the waifu-breeding fanatics, I don't see a marriage system happening in this game.

LOL interesting...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Blast wrote:

Its a shame W101 struggled... its a game that nearly every Wii U owner should have. Are the controls tricky at first? Yeah but it takes practice!

that was the problem with most people playing the demo, and the reviewers of multiple websites hated the controls so they gave up and gave it a bad-normal score

Reviewers were too harsh and Nintendo shoulda helped Platinum Games with the controls and stuff like that. The play testers shoulda warned them about the controls, too.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Blast wrote:

Reviewers were too harsh and Nintendo shoulda helped Platinum Games with the controls and stuff like that. The play testers shoulda warned them about the controls, too.

Wonderful 101 desperately needed optional tutorial modes or something. I got into it relatively quickly because I had already
1. played the demo
2. seen a playthrough of the first 2 levels
3. watched the online tutorial video someone made

Honestly, Wonderful 101 should be used as a big example of how to NOT sell your risky video game to a large audience.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

TheLilK98 wrote:

Gotta be honest, it's somewhat aggravating to me that Nintendo decided to make this month's direct Smash only. I get that e3's only two months away but still...

Man, I wanna see more story scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

SCRAPPER392

They did have W101 demos at some stores. I always saw kids playing that. Meanwhile, the PS4 was frozen during the return to home menu I'm not even kidding...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

TheLilK98 wrote:

Gotta be honest, it's somewhat aggravating to me that Nintendo decided to make this month's direct Smash only. I get that e3's only two months away but still...

Makes sense get the smash info out the way and focus on the upcoming titles that aren't.smash

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

X.... My most anticipated game..... I just rewatched some trailers for the game and I nearly cried.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

So E3 is only six weeks away. Let's see a reminder.

Nintendo Direct January 2013

Nintendo E3 Direct

The gameplay footage from a few months back

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

cookiex

I start to think that we'll at least get a launch window for this at E3, like "November 2014" or "Spring 2015" in that sense.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

OmegaMetroid93

I'm thinking it'll be early 2015 since they don't want the game releasing close to Smash. That'd be really bad.
Or maybe it'll need even more time than that.

As for what I want from E3... I hope they show a new type of environment. We've seen the huge grassy and rocky area from the first trailer, and we've seen the desert area and the weird alien area from the second trailer... I'm just curious as to what else there's gonna be. Those two areas alone seem huge enough to spend countless hours in.

Also, what are your thoughts about the story? I have a feeling it'll be something like humanity needs to move to a new planet to survive, they find one, land and start exploring it. Poopoodoodoocacapoopledoopledoggiepoopiedoo goes down and from there, anything could happen.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

OmegaMetroid93

cookiex

shingi_70 wrote:

The gameplay footage from a few months back

Up until today I didn't notice that giant dinosaur thing in the background at the beginning.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

OmegaMetroid93

There is battle music. But it's really low so you can't really hear it. I can't wait for this soundtrack to be released...
Hiroyuki Sawano has made some really stand-out stuff. This is his first video game work, but it should be really good.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I'm thinking it'll be early 2015 since they don't want the game releasing close to Smash. That'd be really bad.
Or maybe it'll need even more time than that.

As for what I want from E3... I hope they show a new type of environment. We've seen the huge grassy and rocky area from the first trailer, and we've seen the desert area and the weird alien area from the second trailer... I'm just curious as to what else there's gonna be. Those two areas alone seem huge enough to spend countless hours in.

Also, what are your thoughts about the story? I have a feeling it'll be something like humanity needs to move to a new planet to survive, they find one, land and start exploring it. Poopoodoodoocacapoopledoopledoggiepoopiedoo goes down and from there, anything could happen.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Regarding the story... Most of us think that the gamer is a young adult in a world populated by monsters and beasts. You are enlisted in a army and you fight the monsters. That's just the barebone concept. I bet the story gets WAYYYY more complicated. There's gonna be betrayal, romance, comedy, etc.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Haven't played Xenoblad but Xenosaga, Xdnogears? And to a lesser extent Baiten Kaitos got really weird and contuvlued.

The game is probably going go be spring 2015 but I wish we were getting this as the big fall 2014 game with ton of marketing.

WAT!

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Haven't played Xenoblad but Xenosaga, Xdnogears? And to a lesser extent Baiten Kaitos got really weird and contuvlued.

The game is probably going go be spring 2015 but I wish we were getting this as the big fall 2014 game with ton of marketing.

You might be right... I hope it not Spring 2015 but it just might be.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic