Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 4,630

kkslider5552000

Hopefully they can with 2. Xenoblade 1 was a late Wii game (and later a NEW 3DS exclusive thing that was buried under the marketing of MonHun4 and MM3D) that people had to beg to get limited quantities. Xenoblade X was a later Wii U game that was a JRPG that didn't focus on its core story. These are not ways to get that Skyrim or Final Fantasy money, let's just say. :V

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Dezzy

@SKTTR

It probably did sell a million. Both XC1 and XCX are at the exact same sales numbers of 0.91 million at retail on vgchartz. So if you trust those numbers, XCX would just have to have sold 90,000 copies in digital for it to hit 1 million.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Chandlero

Finally, I bought XCX. It was just 10 EUR on ebay and I hope that I have enough time for playing it. The game feels a lot different than XC1 but the music feels fresh and nice.

Do I need to study the manual for fighting command and so on?

Edited on by Chandlero

Dezzy

@Chandlero

Not really. Basically the 3 main mechanics that aren't just obvious/intuitive are:

Soul voice - Your party will shout out different coloured commands during battle (you'll see a box appear above their head). If you use an art of the same colour within 5 seconds of them shouting, it will increase the power of the art as well as moderately healing you. So having arts of all the different colours works out best (for you and your other party members, who can use it too). This mechanic is the most important for winning tough battles because if you set your characters up well, you can get a constant stream of small healing effects.

TP gauge - Increases when you use your standard attack. Melee attacks increase it more than gun attacks in general. Various arts need TP in order to use (they have TP written on their logos) so you need to make sure you only have a few of those arts, or you'll hardly ever get to use them. TP is also the main way of reviving dead teammates.

Healing - Took me a while to figure this out. Only some classes actually have healing arts. So someone in your party needs to have a lot of these. Beyond that, you can only heal through the soul voice (above) or revive dead characters using 3000TP (above).

Beyond that, just remember to constantly upgrade and acquire more arts as you level up. Upgrade your character skills/abilities too (a different thing). And make sure to move up the class tree as you reach level 10 for each level.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@Chandlero

Yep. I'd say it's pretty much the best game on the system too.
If we treat BotW as a switch game, I'd say XenobladeX is tied first with MK8 and Mario 3D World as the best Wii U game.
The only reason it didn't get a higher metascore was because of the various systems that are hard to understand.

Snaplocket

@Dezzy I think the complaints against the systems is a fair one. Let's face it, any game where I have waste at least an hour of my life just reading the manual is not gonna end up as one of my favorite games ever. (still way better then the first game)

Snaplocket

SKTTR

Xenoblade X is worth buying a Wii U for.

It has the best story, best atmosphere, best openworld design, best graphics, best music, and it's without devaluing, braincramp-inducing stuff like DLC or amiibo. It also has no bugs or unpolished edges that can bring it down.

After spending 350 hours on each Breath of the Wild on Switch and Xenoblade X, XenoX just brought something new and orginal, something more realistic and atmospheric to my table. BotW is just a Zelda game. Even though it is super fun and different (and better in some regards) when compared to other games in the series, it couldn't surprise me like that one game that feels entirely new, more mature, and equally well-made, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

I just ignored the manual and figured things out as I went along. So it never seemed a big issue for me.
It did take me about 10 hours to figure out how to heal but oh well.

Ralizah

XCX definitely should have had way more in-game tutorials and instruction. They could have just made them optional.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Xyphon22

@Dezzy Yeah, healing is definitely my downfall. Maybe I need to figure out how to do that more. That and none of my teammates ever save any TP so they are never able to revive me when I die like they did in the first game. I hate that.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

Xyphon22 wrote:

@Dezzy Yeah, healing is definitely my downfall. Maybe I need to figure out how to do that more. That and none of my teammates ever save any TP so they are never able to revive me when I die like they did in the first game. I hate that.

Just have 1 character that has plenty of healing arts and then make sure all of your party has arts of every colour. That'll make soul voice work as much as possible. It's even worth having 1 rubbish purple art just for the sake of having a purple one.

Xyphon22

I guess that's true. I'd been stocking up on powerful ones at the expense of purples and greens. I have also been thinking about limiting the arts of my teammates that require TP to use so they can hopefully save it up to revive me if I get killed. Is that a good idea?

Xyphon22

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

I'd say you want a maximum of 2 TP arts. That's what I found optimal.

Tsurii

@Xyphon22 @Dezzy not sure if Dezzy is still playing this, too, but Xyphon you can actually change the soul voice conditions and effects. There's a menu for that that looks pretty daunting at first glance but it's actually super easy to understand once you look at it a little closer. Pretty sure you can set all soul voices to stuff that doesn't require debuffs/purple arts, if you really don't want to use them for now (they're going to be fairly Important waaaay later on once you start getting into roflstomping enemies 20 levels above you with Xenoblade X's replacement for chain attacks)

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Luna_110

Another thing to watch out for when you get it is Overdrive. Its really useful, specially if you decide to go after the Ultra Fauna in the post game, but the game does a terrible job at explaining it.

There are some guides in Youtube that explain it really well, though. It is worth checking it out, because it can be a game changer, specially if you are in a complicated battle or find a nasty tyrant.

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Xyphon22

@Dezzy Thanks, so I will try to limit them next time I play.
@Tsurii Yeah, I've seen that menu and played around with the soul voices a little bit, but not much because I thought the default ones looked pretty good. I may have to look at it some more, though. And are you talking about the Overdrive that @Luna_110 mentioned as the replacement for chain attacks? I have it, but haven't gotten the hang of it yet, so I may have to check out some of those YouTube videos. From what I've seen, though, it sounds like non-attack arts like the purple ones are key to keeping the combos going, so that may be another good reason to add them to my list.

Xyphon22

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic