Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,179

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

461. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Looks like an offline MMO, which is the main problem Xenoblade had.

LOL you're joking, right?

No, actually, that's pretty accurate. Granted it'd be the best MMO ever, but still, it's similar at least at a basic level.

And to be fair, the biggest problem I had with Xenoblade were the more annoying sidequests, so that fits kinda well. And before Skyrim, trying to sell an offline MMO I assume would be a...difficult thing to successfully achieve.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

462. Posted:

I liked all the "incessant blathering" (English, not Japanense) myself. How could you not love some of these? “Whatta bunch of jokers!,” “It’s Reyn time!, ” “I don’t have time for small fry!,” “My rifle’s gettin’ hotta!,” “Don’t give ‘em an inch Reyn!,” “Riki likes fighting eaaaasy monsters!,”

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

soma

463. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

The thing about X (and Xenoblade as well) is that the gameplay looks boring from the point of view of someone watching someone else play, but is quite fun when you're in the driver's seat. That's kinda why when developers make trailers, they try to make it appealing by using cutscenes. when people do Let's Play videos, their commentary helps to cover this issue of watching someone else play.

Had FF7 been advertised long ago with gameplay rather than cutscenes, do you think it would have been as successful? I doubt it.

That's interesting and I hope it's true, because I really thought the gameplay looked boring. I have Xenoblade but I haven't been able to play it cause my Wii does not read the disc :(

soma

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

464. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I liked all the "incessant blathering" (English, not Japanense) myself. How could you not love some of these? “Whatta bunch of jokers!,” “It’s Reyn time!, ” “I don’t have time for small fry!,” “My rifle’s gettin’ hotta!,” “Don’t give ‘em an inch Reyn!,” “Riki likes fighting eaaaasy monsters!,”

on several occasions, this would happen between Sharla and Reyn:
Sharla:"let's not do anything stupid!"
Reyn:"Leave it to Reyn!"
just lol

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

cookiex

465. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

466. Posted:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Ryno wrote:

on several occasions, this would happen between Sharla and Reyn:
Sharla:"let's not do anything stupid!"
Reyn:"Leave it to Reyn!"
just lol

My favorites were:

Reyn: Who wants some?
Shulk: Piece of cake!

Sharla: I don't know how much longer I can last.
Dunban: The time is now!

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

467. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Notice that when they are in the Dolls, the text in the name section is in Japanese instead of saying Tester 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4. Can anyone translate it?

There's a new character in the second picture, or it seems so.

In the combat pictures, to the right and above the command bar is some text describing the placement of your character relative to the enemy. The first word describes which side of the enemy you're on, the second vertical location of your blows on the enemy. There will be moves that have properties based on Front, Side, and Back alongside, High, Middle, and Low. The High Blow likely involves climbing on an enemies back, as shown in the first trailer. It might be possible to target certain parts of the enemy for different effects, as shown in earlier trailers.

In the fifth picture, you can see the chain of waterfalls shown in the first trailer.

I'll restate, the cooldown system seems to work differently. Moves seems to be able to be used before cooldown is complete. (Possibly multiple levels of cooldown?)

EDIT: Someone pointed out that during battle, the Dolls arm is ripped off. When the large monkey-thing rolls toward it, it's arm is clearly shown to be game and can be seen flying off.

In the first picture, this game equivalent of a blue orb is shown up close. It looks like a crystal.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

468. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The part about the Doll's arm is interesting. It looks like that workshop from the second trailer might not be just for show/cutscenes...
Notice that when they are in the Dolls, the text in the name section is in Japanese instead of saying Tester 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4. Can anyone translate it?

There's a new character in the second picture, or it seems so.

In the combat pictures, to the right and above the command bar is some text describing the placement of your character relative to the enemy. The first word describes which side of the enemy you're on, the second vertical location of your blows on the enemy. There will be moves that have properties based on Front, Side, and Back alongside, High, Middle, and Low. The High Blow likely involves climbing on an enemies back, as shown in the first trailer. It might be possible to target certain parts of the enemy for different effects, as shown in earlier trailers.

In the fifth picture, you can see the chain of waterfalls shown in the first trailer.

I'll restate, the cooldown system seems to work differently. Moves seems to be able to be used before cooldown is complete. (Possibly multiple levels of cooldown?)

EDIT: Someone pointed out that during battle, the Dolls arm is ripped off. When the large monkey-thing rolls toward it, it's arm is clearly shown to be game and can be seen flying off.

In the first picture, this game equivalent of a blue orb is shown up close. It looks like a crystal.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

469. Posted:

Jeez my phone sucks It won't even let me edit. Anyway what I said was, the part about th Doll's arm is interesting. Looks like that garage from the second trailer isn't just for show.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Blast

470. Posted:

A demo for this game is necessary.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

471. Posted:

Blast wrote:

looks at reaction to MH3U, Wonderful 101 and Bravely Default demos

no

AuthorMessage

Blast

472. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

looks at reaction to MH3U, Wonderful 101 and Bravely Default demos

no

:( Sad.... but true....

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

473. Posted:

Yeah, RPGs are near-impossible to demo. You basically have to give away hours of content...and that's usually just not smart, unless your game is way over 100 hours long, and isn't very story-focused, like Etrian Odyssey, where the first 10 hours is just the first floor or two of a dungeon.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

474. Posted:

Wow, this game is beautiful. That's all I got to say so far. I was excited but that gameplay was just...i don't know.. it turned me off. I think it's more of a "you gotta play it" thing though, and I've never, unfortunately, played Xenoblade. :/

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

475. Posted:

To be fair, I was pretty turned off by Xenoblade's combat when I saw the first gameplay trailer. Thankfully reading about the mechanics made it sound much more fun than it looked, and man, the boss fights are a blast in Xenoblade.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Cia

476. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Wow, this game is beautiful. That's all I got to say so far. I was excited but that gameplay was just...i don't know.. it turned me off. I think it's more of a "you gotta play it" thing though, and I've never, unfortunately, played Xenoblade. :/

I'd recommend playing it. Gameplay is great, and even if it would not be your cup of tea, it's just one part of the game. The music, story, world and atmosphere in general were pretty much unmatched in Xenoblade at the time it was released, so i'm sure there's a lot of good things to be expected from this next installment :)

Edit: Also, it's kind of hard to make a valid judgement based on that short gameplay trailer. We'll just have to see how it turns up to.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

477. Posted:

If I heard the combat and game was compared to MMOs, I might have hesitated on getting it but it's incredibly fun combat. In a way it's the logical evolution of the old ATB systems.

also the game gives you plenty of opportunity to get used to the combat so that it doesn't feel as chaotic as it looks, which normally that level of tutorial would be ridiculous it probably really helped in retrospect

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

478. Posted:

So I went into GameStop today and there was a Nintendo employee there for the Tropical Freeze launch. We talked for a while and I asked him if he knew anything about X. He flat out told me that Nintendo hadn't told him squat about it, and that he didn't think it was even up for pre order yet. And I forgot his exact title, but he was one of the managers for the entire reason. Don't think that's a good sign.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

479. Posted:

I wouldn't consider one random guy about a game with an unconfirmed title to mean anything.

AuthorMessage

Blast

480. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

So I went into GameStop today and there was a Nintendo employee there for the Tropical Freeze launch. We talked for a while and I asked him if he knew anything about X. He flat out told me that Nintendo hadn't told him squat about it, and that he didn't think it was even up for pre order yet. And I forgot his exact title, but he was one of the managers for the entire reason. Don't think that's a good sign.

You're a great person and I think you're cool....
But I gotta say this....
Don't let one guy's words determine the situation for this game. Nintendo and the executive producer of X are being very careful about how this game is handled.