Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Posts 4,501 to 4,520 of 4,579

TheXReturns

@Indy83 I may moan about it sometimes, but I love this game really. I wouldn't have put in nearly 80 hours now, trying to 100% it if I didn't.

My only problem is Boze. Others may have their different 'quirks' (with my favourite additional characters being Alexa and Yelv. Those two are great.), and HB may be really stuck up, but at least he's a decent scrapper to make up for it. Boze just annoys me.

He's a 'DLC' Character, so thankfully I won't have to bother with his Affinity missions. I prolly will anyway though...

Heavily distracted by Overwatch...
Splatoon 1 Rank - S
Splatoon 2 Rank - S (RM) S (TC) S (SZ)
Mario Kart 8 Experience - Could be worse.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

tobibra

Got the game yesterday, started it up today.
It downloaded some update before I was able to start, not sure whatit fixed but...
-At first there was no sound from the TV, only from the gamepad. I had to save and exit back to the start menu before the sound came.
-And the text in this game is awfull, I can barely read it! It could be in a language I can't read, and it would only be slightly harder for me -_-

Soo, my first fifteen minutes with the game was not too promising. I don't know how many times I will try again if the sound becomes a prominent issue.

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

whodatninja

The text is definitely way too small. I have to sit closer to the TV to make it out, and also wear my reading glasses!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

erv

Text is too small for sure. But stick with it - the game is beautiful and huge and very much worth it

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Tsurii

I have the s***tiest eyesight and I have zero issues with the text...how darn far away do you all sit from the TV? lol

Also...reading glasses aren't exactly meant for gaming, unless you have a vastly different definition for them, so of course it's not gonna get better with those but at that point you should probably go to a doctor and get your eyes checked anyway.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

whodatninja

@Tsurii They're just normal glasses.

Bad eyesight? you must have pretty good eyesight to be able to read the text no problem!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Tsurii

@roy130390 how'd you know? Dang!

But seriously..I can't see jack without glasses but the whole point of those is that you can read and see stuff with them on no?

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

whodatninja

@Tsurii Yeah i have to sit extra closer to the TV when playing Xenoblade X, still with my glasses on.

It really should have the option to change font size!

whodatninja

DiscoGentleman

@Indy83 take a pill to forget your problems. Wanna forget your problems? Take a pill! Take a pill and forget your problems.

Dance | with | the | Disco.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
SW-6154-3556-8607

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

jump

Want happen to the Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port rumours? Where the rumours just BS or is it on the backburner for Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

erv

It's probably based on what people overheard to end up being xenoblade chronicles 2.

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jump

erv wrote:

It's probably based on what people overheard to end up being xenoblade chronicles 2.

The rumour was that the port wasn't being done by Monolith themselves so they can work on a new Xenoblade game tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FGPackers

I don't think that Xenoblade X will get a port to Switch since Xenoblade 2 will come this year. Maybe it will come later in the system life if we will get Xenoblade X-2 or something like that

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Dezzy

I'd rather a HD remaster of Chronicles tbh.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

FGPackers

@Dezzy That would be awesome, even if i think we will never get one unfortunately

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Dezzy

@FGPackers

Emulating through PC is nearly as good.

Dezzy

Check this out people. They've emulated this in high res. Watch it on the highest level. Looks incredible (I assume this about ok to post at this point):

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

So I finally got round to actually completing this. I'd left it just before the final mission for months. Needed to finish it off for the sake of installing Zelda on my 8GB hard drive.

I thought the main ending was very good and the various twists were well done.
But what the hell happened in the post-credits reveal? They seemed to have nicely tied up all of the story and then just put it all back into doubt?

Spoiler tags required I guess for explanation?

Luna_110

@Dezzy
It is tied with what Elma and different sidequest told you - Professor B had never heard of the planet regardless of being of the future, the Manon had problems making their ship work to get out of the planet and everyone could understand each other.

Its supposed that Mira is some kind of sentient planet (a la Zonama Sekot from the Star Wars former expanded universe), that decided to preserve humanity, due to being descendant from the original creators, and gave Lao a second chance.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Other explanation is that everyone died in the impact, and that Mira is some kind of afterlife (heaven/hell) due to the presence of L'cirufe (anagram of Lucifer). There's art of him in a more demonic form.

Some other things are stuff explained in the artbook - the guy that finds Lao is the Dark Knight, who was supposed to be a main antagonist before Monolith rewrote the story and could be Elma's former companion, and the pilot of the original tandem Ares.

What is the role of humanity as the descendants of the Samaarians? Why Elma, of an advanced alien civilization, was so interested in helping? - At the end, it was the perfect set up for a sequel, so lets hope that Monolith gives us some answers after they finish XC2.

Edited on by Luna_110

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic