Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 4,371

shingi_70

Looks like an offline MMO, which is the main problem Xenoblade had.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

GuSolarFlare

Kodeen wrote:

I thought it looked good, but I was turned off by the incessant blathering in Japanese. Sure, when they localize it they'll probably translate it to incessant blathering in English, but I'd like an option to turn the incessant blathering off altogether.

what!?!?!?!?!? there's nothing cooler than a japanese dude screamming nonstop things like:

BURAZING SWORDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Blazing Sword

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

HappyHappyist

Kodeen wrote:

I thought it looked good, but I was turned off by the incessant blathering in Japanese. Sure, when they localize it they'll probably translate it to incessant blathering in English, but I'd like an option to turn the incessant blathering off altogether.

Xenoblade also has the incessant blabbering, and i wish i could turn it off.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

shingi_70 wrote:

if Xenoblade were an MMO, i would not play it. MMOs are not my definition of fun.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

shingi_70 wrote:

if Xenoblade were an MMO, i would not play it. MMOs are not my definition of fun.

Blue blue.

Rezalack

HappyHappyist wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I don't exactly want this game to be an MMO, but it'd be cool if it was like Monster Hunter and you could quest with other people.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Discostew

The thing about X (and Xenoblade as well) is that the gameplay looks boring from the point of view of someone watching someone else play, but is quite fun when you're in the driver's seat. That's kinda why when developers make trailers, they try to make it appealing by using cutscenes. when people do Let's Play videos, their commentary helps to cover this issue of watching someone else play.

Had FF7 been advertised long ago with gameplay rather than cutscenes, do you think it would have been as successful? I doubt it.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

LOL you're joking, right?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Discostew wrote:

The thing about X (and Xenoblade as well) is that the gameplay looks boring from the point of view of someone watching someone else play, but is quite fun when you're in the driver's seat. That's kinda why when developers make trailers, they try to make it appealing by using cutscenes. when people do Let's Play videos, their commentary helps to cover this issue of watching someone else play.

Had FF7 been advertised long ago with gameplay rather than cutscenes, do you think it would have been as successful? I doubt it.

Agreed.

Master of the Hype Train

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

No, actually, that's pretty accurate. Granted it'd be the best MMO ever, but still, it's similar at least at a basic level.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

No, actually, that's pretty accurate. Granted it'd be the best MMO ever, but still, it's similar at least at a basic level.

And to be fair, the biggest problem I had with Xenoblade were the more annoying sidequests, so that fits kinda well. And before Skyrim, trying to sell an offline MMO I assume would be a...difficult thing to successfully achieve.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

I liked all the "incessant blathering" (English, not Japanense) myself. How could you not love some of these? “Whatta bunch of jokers!,” “It’s Reyn time!, ” “I don’t have time for small fry!,” “My rifle’s gettin’ hotta!,” “Don’t give ‘em an inch Reyn!,” “Riki likes fighting eaaaasy monsters!,”

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

soma

Discostew wrote:

That's interesting and I hope it's true, because I really thought the gameplay looked boring. I have Xenoblade but I haven't been able to play it cause my Wii does not read the disc

soma

HappyHappyist

Ryno wrote:

I liked all the "incessant blathering" (English, not Japanense) myself. How could you not love some of these? “Whatta bunch of jokers!,” “It’s Reyn time!, ” “I don’t have time for small fry!,” “My rifle’s gettin’ hotta!,” “Don’t give ‘em an inch Reyn!,” “Riki likes fighting eaaaasy monsters!,”

on several occasions, this would happen between Sharla and Reyn:
Sharla:"let's not do anything stupid!"
Reyn:"Leave it to Reyn!"
just lol

Blue blue.

cookiex

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

SomeBitTripFan

HappyHappyist wrote:

Ryno wrote:

on several occasions, this would happen between Sharla and Reyn:
Sharla:"let's not do anything stupid!"
Reyn:"Leave it to Reyn!"
just lol

My favorites were:

Reyn: Who wants some?
Shulk: Piece of cake!

Sharla: I don't know how much longer I can last.
Dunban: The time is now!

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan

cookiex wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Notice that when they are in the Dolls, the text in the name section is in Japanese instead of saying Tester 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4. Can anyone translate it?

There's a new character in the second picture, or it seems so.

In the combat pictures, to the right and above the command bar is some text describing the placement of your character relative to the enemy. The first word describes which side of the enemy you're on, the second vertical location of your blows on the enemy. There will be moves that have properties based on Front, Side, and Back alongside, High, Middle, and Low. The High Blow likely involves climbing on an enemies back, as shown in the first trailer. It might be possible to target certain parts of the enemy for different effects, as shown in earlier trailers.

In the fifth picture, you can see the chain of waterfalls shown in the first trailer.

I'll restate, the cooldown system seems to work differently. Moves seems to be able to be used before cooldown is complete. (Possibly multiple levels of cooldown?)

EDIT: Someone pointed out that during battle, the Dolls arm is ripped off. When the large monkey-thing rolls toward it, it's arm is clearly shown to be game and can be seen flying off.

In the first picture, this game equivalent of a blue orb is shown up close. It looks like a crystal.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

TheLilK98

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The part about the Doll's arm is interesting. It looks like that workshop from the second trailer might not be just for show/cutscenes...
Notice that when they are in the Dolls, the text in the name section is in Japanese instead of saying Tester 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4. Can anyone translate it?

There's a new character in the second picture, or it seems so.

In the combat pictures, to the right and above the command bar is some text describing the placement of your character relative to the enemy. The first word describes which side of the enemy you're on, the second vertical location of your blows on the enemy. There will be moves that have properties based on Front, Side, and Back alongside, High, Middle, and Low. The High Blow likely involves climbing on an enemies back, as shown in the first trailer. It might be possible to target certain parts of the enemy for different effects, as shown in earlier trailers.

In the fifth picture, you can see the chain of waterfalls shown in the first trailer.

I'll restate, the cooldown system seems to work differently. Moves seems to be able to be used before cooldown is complete. (Possibly multiple levels of cooldown?)

EDIT: Someone pointed out that during battle, the Dolls arm is ripped off. When the large monkey-thing rolls toward it, it's arm is clearly shown to be game and can be seen flying off.

In the first picture, this game equivalent of a blue orb is shown up close. It looks like a crystal.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

TheLilK98

Jeez my phone sucks It won't even let me edit. Anyway what I said was, the part about th Doll's arm is interesting. Looks like that garage from the second trailer isn't just for show.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

A demo for this game is necessary.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic