Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 4,371

erv

Text is too small for sure. But stick with it - the game is beautiful and huge and very much worth it

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

whodatninja

@Tsurii They're just normal glasses.

Bad eyesight? you must have pretty good eyesight to be able to read the text no problem!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

roy130390

@whodatninja Oh, he does have bad eyesight, but he's an eagle.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

whodatninja

@Tsurii Yeah i have to sit extra closer to the TV when playing Xenoblade X, still with my glasses on.

It really should have the option to change font size!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jump

Want happen to the Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port rumours? Where the rumours just BS or is it on the backburner for Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

erv

It's probably based on what people overheard to end up being xenoblade chronicles 2.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jump

erv wrote:

It's probably based on what people overheard to end up being xenoblade chronicles 2.

The rumour was that the port wasn't being done by Monolith themselves so they can work on a new Xenoblade game tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FGPackers

I don't think that Xenoblade X will get a port to Switch since Xenoblade 2 will come this year. Maybe it will come later in the system life if we will get Xenoblade X-2 or something like that

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Dezzy

I'd rather a HD remaster of Chronicles tbh.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FGPackers

@Dezzy That would be awesome, even if i think we will never get one unfortunately

FGPackers

Dezzy

@FGPackers

Emulating through PC is nearly as good.

Dezzy

Check this out people. They've emulated this in high res. Watch it on the highest level. Looks incredible (I assume this about ok to post at this point):

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

So I finally got round to actually completing this. I'd left it just before the final mission for months. Needed to finish it off for the sake of installing Zelda on my 8GB hard drive.

I thought the main ending was very good and the various twists were well done.
But what the hell happened in the post-credits reveal? They seemed to have nicely tied up all of the story and then just put it all back into doubt?

Spoiler tags required I guess for explanation?

Luna_110

@Dezzy
It is tied with what Elma and different sidequest told you - Professor B had never heard of the planet regardless of being of the future, the Manon had problems making their ship work to get out of the planet and everyone could understand each other.

Its supposed that Mira is some kind of sentient planet (a la Zonama Sekot from the Star Wars former expanded universe), that decided to preserve humanity, due to being descendant from the original creators, and gave Lao a second chance.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Other explanation is that everyone died in the impact, and that Mira is some kind of afterlife (heaven/hell) due to the presence of L'cirufe (anagram of Lucifer). There's art of him in a more demonic form.

Some other things are stuff explained in the artbook - the guy that finds Lao is the Dark Knight, who was supposed to be a main antagonist before Monolith rewrote the story and could be Elma's former companion, and the pilot of the original tandem Ares.

What is the role of humanity as the descendants of the Samaarians? Why Elma, of an advanced alien civilization, was so interested in helping? - At the end, it was the perfect set up for a sequel, so lets hope that Monolith gives us some answers after they finish XC2.

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Dezzy

@Luna_110

Ok well that all seems kinda unnecessary though. Really feels like they stuck it on there just to leave the possibility of a sequel open.
And what is the planet supposed to be doing exactly? Controlling the mimeosomes for them?
Also, that kinda undermines the twist where it turns out they'd all really died back on earth and were only there in form of data. Which I thought was cool. But given that end sequence, they might as well have just ditched that part and said that their bodies were on board but all died in the crash. Giving the same "so how are we still alive?" ending.
Feels like it was a business decision rather than a story decision. Someone from Nintendo told them to leave it open for a sequel in case it sold well, or something like that.

Anyway, all of that post-credits stuff aside, I actually liked the plot for this story more than for the first Xenoblade.
The first Xenoblade had better characters and the much longer main story made it feel more epic than this game did (the most uneven thing about this game is how much bigger the world is than the actual story, there's a big mismatch there) But that ending aside, this story was better constructed. It didn't rely on random magical explanations for things and felt much more real.
In Xenoblade 2, they really need to combine the best of both of these games. The complete open world of X mixed with the epic narrative and character development of the first Xenoblade. Then the far superior sidequests of X.
Slap all of that together and you'll have something awesome.

Oh and something more people need to point out about this developer is how insanely good they are at making dramatic cutscenes.

Edited on by Dezzy

Luna_110

@Dezzy
I think the main point its related to what Lao tells you in Chapter 11 and then Doug, before chapter 12 - what makes you human? Some believe it is your "soul", which cannot be copied in a mimiosome. Some, like Elma, believe it is merely your way of thinking, your thoughs, so if you copy that you're alive and all human. The characters of XCX survived - but it goes deeper than just living. How are you living? As a human being, or as a pale copy of the original, a construct like the Ganglion were?

The philosophical implications for a sequel are quite strong, if you think about it, and right on Takahashi's record with Xenosaga and Xenogears.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Dezzy

@Luna_110

All of that's still there without the post-credits stuff though.

Haywired

I finally did something that I had been putting off for ages. I got round to playing and beating Xenoblade Chronicles (New 3DS version). I'm now a) exhausted and b) tempted by Xenoblade Chronicles X, but, even though it looks like one of the most incredible games I've ever seen, I've heard it's quite different. So, based on what I liked and disliked about XC, would you recommend XCX?

What I liked:
The story, characters and setting.
The battle system is fun (once you get your head around some of the more confusing aspects of it).
Handy things like: Saving anywhere. EXP share. Keeping EXP when you die. Restarting fairly close to where you died. Not having to go back to quest givers to complete most side quests. Knowing where to go next. Fast travel, etc.

What I didn't like:
A bit too long (I know XCX is as long, if not longer)
A bit too cluttered and complicated (from what I've seen of some of the baffling looking menu screens, it seems XCX may have taken this even further. "Less is more" is clearly not a philosophy that Monolith Soft agrees with...)
A couple of harsh difficulty spikes. But then, I enjoyed the battle system, so I found level grinding for these bits to be fairly tolerable.

Edited on by Haywired

Haywired

FGPackers

Forget about story and characters. Or at least don't consider them too much. The setting is the real deal. The protagonist of the game is Mira, its beautiful zones and the possibility of exploring it all, both on feet and with a skell, a fantastic experience in the game. If story is what you search i would not suggest XCX. If you can pass on it and you can be curious to explore and know every detail of this huge and wonderful world this is the game for you. The gameplay is another aspect that took a nice step forward in XCX. Thanks to skells and some advanced features it is a nice (even if little) step forward. I loved XC and i loved XCX too.

FGPackers

Dezzy

@Haywired

I think you'll probably like it yeah.

It's still fairly similar in a lot of ways. The main difference is just that it's completely open world and is a bit less narrative driven. The characters aren't as good as the original but I did really like the story and the world is equally as incredible.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic