Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 4,371

Dezzy

@MrGawain

I'm at the identical place, pretty much same level and everything.

I'll probably do quite a few more sidequests before I finish the story. And I still haven't got the most expensive Skells.

On the whole though: incredibly good game. Not revolutionary and not quite as good as the prequel but still incredibly good and one of the most impressive 3D worlds ever designed, without a doubt. Just lacked that meaningful story and identifiable characters for me though. That's what you need to hit that real top tier RPG so that it's something that will really stick with you emotionally. The only thing that will stick with me after I finish with this game is the memory of some of the impressive parts of the world, which've had a far bigger impact than anything in the story or characters.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MrGawain

@Jamotello:

If you look at the world map on the gamepad it's in the bottom right corner. You can also see the completion percentage of each region and city district on their maps respectively.

Again, this just shows how dense and complex this game is- in the last hour I've just figured out how to add augments to Skells.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

kkslider5552000

Day 16

I’ve been exploring Primordia maybe way too much lately. I’m losing track of time, and some of what happened after we completed out mission with Elma I’ve already forgotten about. I was told to really explore the place and I’ve explored this continent as much as I need to I feel. We’ve swam through this ocean and climbed 50 feet above where I first woke up on this planet. Elma and Lin seem satisfied with my work around the place, and that does me quite happy. But god damn if this place isn’t annoyingly dangerous.

I am also glad everything worked out in the end. I didn’t get a chance to mention it before but we went on a mission to find some parts of the White Whale on the beach far north on the continent a few days ago. We eventually ran into Doug and found that Irina had done missing. I had barely met someone and they might’ve already died and this really worried me. As quickly as we could went over to the top and had to fight this extremely tough simian monster. Indigen, whatever they’re called. It took some effort and we had to retreat but we did beat it and afterwards found Irina in another nearby beach. Everyone seems ok, but I will say, I am really curious about Elma. She was apparently significant on Earth towards the end, but it’s clear she won’t reveal more about herself for quite a while. She’s so strong, I’m really interested to know what her life was before NLA.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VelvetElvis

Dang, anyone else done Yelv's four-heart affinity mission yet? If so, what did ya'll make of that ending? (In spoiler tags, of course.)

VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

@Tsurii, while I thought it was obvious that Yelv's friend was completely dead — like, who finds limbs scattered across the planet and says, "yep, my friend must be alive!" — that J-body twist came outta nowhere for me. My first assumption is that Eleonora is just working for the "powers that be" (i.e. Chausson and the new government), since she appears to be at the Mimesome Maintenance Center, but it sure is presented in a sinister fashion. I suppose the idea itself is sinister enough.

In terms of Cross, I was really starting to like the theory that s/he was sort of manifested by Mira. There's so much alluding to the planet's mysterious nature throughout the game, I tend to cotton to the idea of its "sentience" or, more likely, "will." Perhaps the White Whale was pulled there to survive, humanity sequestered to fight the Ganglion, Cross is created to play a key role in that battle, and bring the races marooned on Mira together, etc. It makes a nice parallel to the Lifehold Core creating those chimeras out of primordial goop.

But the J-body angle makes sense, too, and one could argue that it's more concretely alluded to in the game with the Yelv scene — surely the game's creators knew that as soon as we saw that, players would ask if Cross was a J-body, too?

In any case, I totally agree — I love this sh*t, too. I gotta be honest that when the Mim element was first revealed, I was not on board with it. As a writer, I thought Takahasi and company had just killed their narrative stakes; if everyone's a robot body connected to a consciousness, death doesn't really matter — it sapped the story of drama for me, and made it ridiculous when highly intelligent characters like Lin insisted on "saving people" and recovering their bodies and stuff at the risk of more important missions.

But, as imperfect a hook as it may be, it's really drawing me in at this point. One thing about the game I identified from the get-go, and the thing that ultimately has me into the narrative to this day, is the world-building element. If you play this game chapter-to-chapter, you're not gonna get much enjoyment out of the narrative. But if you're like me — and, seemingly, like you — and you want to do every mission you can, you're going to be swimming in some really diverse literature that fleshes out the world and characters to an immense degree. I've never seen an interactive sci-fi world as fleshed out as this one, and that's what keeps me coming back.

So, yes. Bring on that sequel, please.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Luna_110

@VelvetElvis
I completely agree. I admit that while the main history has not been that engaging (not bad, but not impressive either), the side stories have been impressive. For me, it truly has allowed me to see humanity's growth on Mira, involving multiple aspects of them - from self sacrifice to greed, it truly tackles some complex themes.
I feel that the game's story is shown by the effort the players make, and I love it. It gives me an incentive to keep exploring and talking to everyone. Unlike others, I like this type of storytelling - while some stuff about the game balance needs some tweaking (and I hope the main story is longer) and I hope they may follow a similar style in a sequel. Exploring Mira is truly delightful.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

shaneoh

crimsontadpoles wrote:

I've finally explored 25% of Olivia, so now I can begin the next story chapter. It's been a long time since I've advanced in the story, so I should enjoy it.

What you get up to with Olivia is none of our business

Level 35 now and I've only just completed chapter 5
So I'm a robot? That explains why I can leap buildings and run forever without stopping

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Andyliini

I just beat Chapter 10 boss. Took a bit of time, but boy was the battle epic. Like, One-Winged Angel -epic. I'll never forget that battle. Was bit tough, too, but certainly easier that Chapter 9 boss.

115 hours on the clock, and still loving every second of it. Though I hope I can finish the game soon, I have gathered a huge backlog of games because completing this game is taking so much time.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

VelvetElvis

Alright, Boze just said, "Oh, no! My little Buddha statue fell down" after a Skell battle. This is the game that keeps on giving.

VelvetElvis

crimsontadpoles

I'm finding the boss of Chapter 7 very hard, but I usually struggle with most bosses. I guess it's time I buy skells for everyone in my team, and I get my main character a better skell than the first one he was given.

Edit: After buying my main character and Elma the best lv 30 Skells, and giving Lin the old lv 20 skell, the mission was so easy.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

rjejr

@VelvetElvis: I'll tell ya whatever you want to know, if you tell me where to find the left leg. I've spent 3 days looking for it, that includes Google searches and looking where they tell me, East Erbine(sp) Ravine and Lake Bassel (found the right arm and leg about a month ago so I'm just covering all my bases). After 150 hours and finishing the main story about a week ago I've decided it's time to cheat. I started looking in that $20 hardcover so called "guide" my mom got me for Christmas but it's fairly useless, more a dictionary than an encyclopedia. Tonight I'm going to go look for a spirit wand for Professor B. For some reason I confused missions and was looking for longuine driftwood. duh

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

@crimsontadpoles: "Edit: After buying my main character and Elma the best lv 30 Skells, and giving Lin the old lv 20 skell, the mission was so easy."

I've had that happen twice w/ missions. Level 30 skells I get crushed, but spend $8mil credits on level 50 skells and everybody just falls away. I think I probably could have beaten both w/ the level 30 skells after leveling up a bit more, but after 130 or so hours I just said "The heck w/ it" and spent the money.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

VelvetElvis

@rjejr, have you tried video walkthroughs? I've used them a few times for those annoying "listen to local gossip" missions when I can't find the yellow speech bubbles to save my life. Here's a video that shows the locations of both legs (read the description to jump to the specific spots in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDCfh2yaPi4

Let me know if that helps, and good luck.

VelvetElvis

rjejr

@VelvetElvis: Thanks. I think I'm too old school for the whole "video" walk thru thing, I like reading my guides.

On the bright side last night I found both the leg and the spirit wand, so that's 2 more missions I can finish up tonight, which should level me up to 58 so I can do the Lin and Elma affinity mission, and Ialmost have 2 hearts w' L. Then I want to get to level 60 just because, but then after that I'm done. I think. I've been done for a week now but the game keeps calling me back for just one more hit.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

razortuk88

Hey guys, quick question. I've equipped my team mates' skells with super weapons but they don't seem to be using them. Is it just that they don't use them or do I need to specifically do something to make them use them? Thanks

razortuk88

Rapido

@razortuk88: hmm, That's weird. When I last checked, mine was using them. Super Weapons usually occupies the whole back and/or shoulder weapons slots so the skells equipped with them will only have few other attack options other than the super weapon.

Command them to use "range attacks" perhaps?

Edit: Or "melee attacks" for melee super weapons. I've only crafter range weapons so far.

Edited on by Rapido

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

razortuk88

@Rapido Thanks for the response. Tried again last night but they still don't seem to be using them. When I command them to use ranged attacks they just use their auto-attack guns. Maybe I should take off all weapons from them except their super weapons and see if they use them then.

razortuk88

Luna_110

Hey guys! I'm nearing the post game (about to begin chapter 12), and I wanted to know if you have any good tip for a longsword build, or maybe a guide to help, since I'm hopelessly lost. I love its offensive potential!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic