Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 4,371

Nin10dad

Any suggestions on grind spots for in or around level 40. Am currently level 39 and cant beat the Chapter 10 boss for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Rapido

@G0dlike: Is that Zu Pharg? Hmmm. Well I think to beat it, You need to have at least 3 of your characters to have Skells, prefererably the Heavy type, Like Amdusias. And use Mechanoid exploit augments on your skells.

Or just blast away. I'll have to look up what least attribute resistance it has so you can set your skell weapons correctly.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Kuhang

@G0dlike: This Boss is tough and a little lengthy to beat I'd suggest you Level up to atleast to 42 and have atleast 3 characters equipped with Skells of which atleast 2 level 30 Skells and that should be just enough to beat Zu Pharg. Best of luck đź‘Ť Hope this helps.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Blast

You know... it's really sad how this game didn't come at a time where I didn't have a PS4 and I was totally focused on my Wii U. I can't even dedicate all my time to XCX because of college and other stuff. And whenever I do get some free gaming time.. I just turn on my PS4. This isn't a "PS4 is amazing" comment. I'm actually pretty sad I haven't been able to dig deep in this game like I could when I was younger.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jamotello

@Blast: opposite here. the ps4 has a whole bunch of triple-a's that are getting virtual dust on the internal hdd because i have so much fun running around mira. xenoblade chronicles x is the game that made me stop playing bloodborne and not care if i finished the old hunters.

Jamotello

Jamotello

@G0dlike: i go to lake ciel now. that's fn site 408 on sylvalum. lots of low to mid level 50 critters. my cross and my entire crew are fully mechanized. last nite, bayonetta was at level 40 but after firing it up now, i just noticed she was at 46 already and my primary crew were 45. pretty fast battles, too.

EDIT: i may've landed on 408 but i was really leveling up at 402. also, i see that an hour later, my cross and my main crew are all level 50. pretty good place but i might be outgrowing it soon after i upgrade to the next skell tier and go back tonite.

Edited on by Jamotello

Jamotello

Rapido

@Tsurii: How about using Barrier if you're not going Decoy? And reflect augments does not seem to really fully reflect attacks but just parts of it. I tested using a reflect physical augment by fighting Bulcwald and I am still taking in physical damage.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Kuhang

@Jamotello: U've named one of ur beauties Bayonetta? I've named mine Cereza haha

Kuhang

kkslider5552000

Day 12

I had been given the task to set up some probes and decided it was a good excuse to do some more exploring of this continent. Primordia, despite being frightening, is a beautiful place I admit. We spent about a day, maybe more, out here. We didn’t run into too many of the hostile indigens or the like, just enough so we wouldn’t be surprised I suppose. I almost feel like I’ve been to these places before. That can’t be it obviously, so I’m just assuming it’s remnants of my past life on Earth and any bits of terrain that’s remotely familiar. Maybe my memories will come back to me someday…

On a lighter note, I am so glad I’ve finally got some Miranium. I completely failed to accomplish much the last time I wrote in here so hopefully I can complete those missions I accepted soon. I understand why since everyone at Blade has had to explain so much to me and I’m still slightly overwhelmed but I do think it would’ve been nice to have been told about how to do this sooner.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jamotello

@Kuhang: that is an excellent idea for lin's skell! then elma's would be jeanne! tho' i think either murderess or irina would look more the part haha.

Jamotello

razortuk88

Hi guys, I will soon be starting Chapter 11 and still have lots of affinity and basic missions to do, as well as growing affinity with some team-mates I only recently unlocked. I know there are 12 chapters in the story so I was wondering if these missions are still available/worth doing after the story is finished. I really want to do all the affinity missions but I also want to continue the story. Also, what level were you when you finished the story? I'm at level 43 now and feel like I won't get to the level 50 skells by the time I finish the story. Thanks for any help and no spoilers please!

razortuk88

erv

So, does anyone know how to trigger the cockpit view that allows you to do one of the attacks twice? It’s quite a valuable thing to happen.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Rapido

@razortuk88 There are tons of post gameplay so you may do the affinity quests even after you complete the story. But just for the sake of completeness, do Lao's and Gwin's affinity before you complete story mode.

@erv I was wondering about that too. Is the trigger percentage stat based etc (potential or anything) or just randomly happens after skill triggers.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

erv

@Tsurii: ah thanks that's very helpful! That means I’ll have to do two things: get that potential stat up and a lot of tp boosts… now only to engineer augments that just show question marks…

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Kuhang

@Jamotello: Now if only Tatsu had a skell as well thn Cheshire would just make too much sense haha

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Grumblevolcano

This game is only ÂŁ24.99 at Amazon and Argos yet it's only been around 2 months since launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jamotello

@G0dlike: i just finished chapter 10. first try! pardon me for bragging but i think the cutscenes lasted logner than the battle.

i did it by using my skell's melee arts which have surprising range when attacking that thing. my entire crew are all mechanized with the same skell. i upgraded the weapons but the stock ones were all that i needed - the double slicing e-scythe and whatever it is that lets me charge into the bad guy. the other weapons were jsut to bide time to pick away at it while they recharged. i also ignored all the minions it sent after me.

the e-scythe boosts damage when attacking from behind so that was where i was the entire time. i have to add that i luv playing the game so much that i didn't continue with the story in earnest until i was at level 40. my cross was at 60 while my crew were close to 60 when i started chapter 10. i chose my skell with the tried and tested method of 'the most expensive one' and then multily x4. i only did chapter 10 to unlock something.

edit: i just checked at the armory alley high street and it says the skell i bought is the x50750 amdusias st. even with the way i leave the game on when not playing, i took me a week to save up enough for five of them. i lost one due to running out of insurance. a terrible way to find out about skell insurance, i have to tell you.

Edited on by Jamotello

Jamotello

MrGawain

At level 54 with 58% of the game done and just chapter 12 to go.

I've loved my time in Mira, but I must admit the grinding now and slightly pointless point A to point B to point A to point C to point A to point B to point A missions have worn me down, and I'm quite happy to finish the story and move onto something else (TP next week, followed by turning on my PS4 for the first time since new years day). Not sure if I'll want to come back to New LA, but after 110+ hours I can look back fondly in what I've played.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Jamotello

@MrGawain: 375 hours, 43 mins here and i can't see myself leaving mira anytime soon. i even missed a splatfest for it. curious, where do you see the percentage of the game done?

Jamotello

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic