Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 4,371

AndyD

Eat_Pie wrote:

@paul6891
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tj...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rOaeZkAGw_EvJMl1zFjlz...

These two links will help you a lot. The first one is a spreadsheet of everything you could need, including item drops and where to find them.
The second one is really useful if you want to go for 100%.

Wow! These documents are a great resource!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

edhe

Still haven't beaten the game (127 hours), but I've now got a plan for tarting up my weapons - tell me what you think.

First of all, my skell will have three big damage weapons - a railgun, gravity shot and sniper blast.

The railgun will have a Crush Appendage XX augment to boost its natural appendage damage ability. Since I usually open the battle with this, It'll be prudent to apply Opening Damage XX to it as well. I'll also add Weapon Attack XX.
Next, I'll be augmenting the sniper blast weapon with a crush appendage XX, Critical Up XX and Ranged Attack XX augment. I'll probably do something similar with the gravity shot.

I was thinking of seeing if I could boost the damage of the various weapons, by adding augments to low damage weapons like miniguns or crackers, but you can't seem to make augments for skell weapons that lower resistances, apparently.

Next, I've got a mine thrower as a side arm, a weapon that appears to do quite consistent damage, so I thought I'd augment it by reducing its cooldown (the XX augment would reduce it from 4 seconds by 25% down to 3 seconds. Would a further augment reduce it to 2 seconds or 2.25 seconds - I suppose when it's a matter of seconds, it doesn't matter), although I'm unsure whether the augment will affect the cooldown of a skell ranged auto-attack. Other options include Weapon Attack Up XX and GP Gain XX.

This won't help me beat the main boss, so I started thinking about my weapon. I am currently wielding a gatling gun that has a buff to ranged attack, accuracy, and something else, and the capability to be upgraded 10 times. Each shot gives me 1 TP, and the magazine holds 38 bullets (38 TP per salvo), So I thought I'd aim for a TP Gain UP XX augment (+20 TP per shot - 798TP per salvo - if it works like I think it should), Magazine Cap UP XX (+20 magazine - 58 shots - 1218TP per salvo), and a cooldown reducer XX that should increase the rate at which I farm the TP.

The next logical step would be to consider what I'd do with all that TP, and augment my other weapons, and arrange my arts accordingly.

The only problem is, this selection of augments alone (and that doesn't include any I could apply to the skell frame, the armour, the other weapons, my character's armour, NOT to mention the armours and skell(s) for all my other characters) would require the following (I didn't take note of the mineable minerals because I will always have an abundance of them):

10 Sapphire horns
10 Malevolent Petramand Silk
10 Brown Monoceros horns
48 quality giant cells (I'm able to farm these successfully from syltooth)
48 Visigel Poison orbs (I haven't met a visigel that gives these out yet, although, apparently, I've encountered a tyrant)
48 Silver Cantor Teeth
32 Red Thallus Antennae
25 Parasitic capsules
32 Large Saw Teeth
5 Orc-Serv Hands
5 Lone Red Ictus Stingers (I gathered these during my last session)
5 Spiked Tail Fins
16 O.X Units
32 Eternal Arenatect Moss
32 Green Jacul Wings
36 Quality Fuses
29 Spathi Glyphs
29 White Yggralith Nuts
24 Genuine Frame
2 Black Yggralith Nut
24 Virago Alloy Plate
16 Genuine Cranks
16 White Stabilizers
and 16 Sturdy Drakebones

Most of those are pretty difficult to find, but I was probably going to prioritise my personal gear first anyway, and get the final boss done with. I will probably do well to boost my TP pool and my health if any thing.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Eat_Pie

@Pahvi
Farm Hayreddin or the tyrant in Noctilum for ground gear.

Eat_Pie

Mineral

I think people getting to the post-game "grind" should prioritize a Mastema White Reaper with the SSM-XXR150ME M-Missile (w/ WP-MSL-MAG) since it targets all appendages making farming parts waaaaay easier. It's great for ripping yggdralith zero to shred too if add some APPEND.CRUSH augments and ultrafauna slayer. Just go in, destroy all appendages (30 to 40-seconds), abandon mission and go exchange the parts for reward tickets.

It's what made the grind fun for me. I was really disliking it before I made this skell.

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

kkslider5552000

Night 9

Elma’s words have stuck with me. Despite her somewhat stoic demeanor, she’s still passionate about this colony and it makes me feel the same way when she speaks like this. She’s a great leader for our group, even if she’s allowing me to dictate what we end up doing. I never realized how much trust I’ve been given until now.

But that’s just the main thing that’s stuck out in the past two days. We got back with this “nopon” named Tatsu, who is apparently a very good informant. We’ll see about that, but I suppose it makes sense considering he is more knowledgeable about this planet than any human would be. I just hope Lin doesn’t eat him before we get all the info we can! Ha…

Speaking of food though, we all helped to cook some delicious food. I was given some of the simpler tasks, as I’ve never been a cooking expert. But we did make some delicious meals out of shrimp and a variety of vegetables. I’m on this colony there is still some familiar food! It’s also nice to rest. I don’t get tired or exhausted nearly as often as I do on Earth, but it was just nice to relax yesterday. But today I feel I might have done too little? I convince someone else to join our crew but today I’ve only checked with the Hangar and accepted some missions that exist for the sake of training me for Blade. I’m trying not to be anxious about this, considering there are so many more important things I could be doing I’m sure!

Oh well…maybe tomorrow…

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eat_Pie

@Mineral
That skell is pretty good for farming, but it's outclassed by the Ares in every way(unless you're running the Zenith Cannon build). The Ares 90 would be easier to go for first and helps a lot with farming.

Eat_Pie

Mineral

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Mineral
That skell is pretty good for farming, but it's outclassed by the Ares in every way(unless you're running the Zenith Cannon build). The Ares 90 would be easier to go for first and helps a lot with farming.

I disagree. The Ares 90 doesn't work great for breaking appendages at all. You have to waste precious time targeting the specific parts of the monsters. There's also the high fuel consumption of the Ares 90. Same problem if you're going to farm yggdralith. It takes longer and you'll have to refuel a lot.

The Mastema White Reaper is much better IMO. You refuel automatically every time you break an appendage with the missiles and they even target every appendages automatically.
I ran an infinite overdrive build with a Trident-Anchor and the missiles or drones if I don't care about appendages and want damage.
The mastema gets Reflect Beam(I think) in overdrive, Trident-Anchor gives Reflect Ether I believe and I just added the other Reflect augments to the skell.
Use Diskbombs with augments to get easy GP to overdrive and you don't have to worry about most tyrants or fuel.

Only problems with this build are spike damage and special tyrant attack that go trough reflect.

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

paul6891

I've literally just got my ares 90 and boy did that take some doing. Farming the materials was the easy bit. Going through all the missons to gain booster probes to get the 100k miranium took forever!

Now to put it to good use!

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@Mineral
I know. Any skell works for farming parts. You pretty much go in there and get out after breaking all the parts. However, the Mastema without the ZC setup(and augments) will be weaker. The Ares can't break parts, no, and I've never found fuel to be problem. Any level 60 skell can become a good farming skell. The Mastema is weaker than an Ares unless you decided to fully augment it. If you're not running a ZC build, it's not going to be as good as an Ares 90.

@paul6891
Congrats! Now you can kill 90% of all tyrants you meet(99% of those required for 100% completion). There are a couple tyrants you won't be able to take on without augments, but there are very few of those. Alternatively, you can use your Ares to farm for a level 60 custom skell and take on the powerful tyrants.

Eat_Pie

Rapido

Anyone running a range attack build? Most that I see are running longsword build with unique longswords like the receeding rust or galaxy chief in full melee attach setup.

If yes, what's your build (Raygun, Sniper, etc). I'm also curios how effective Delta Bliss is when it comes to fighting high level tyrants when in full range setup.

Also, what are your opinion/s when it comes to knife ( butterfly something skill) and debuff setup for high level enemies? I know maxing the overdrive counter will lower enemy debuff resistance, but I don't know if it will work with top tier enemies.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Kuhang

Having spent 70 Hours on the game I can say this game is Awesome. This is one of the best games on Wii U and this gen as well If u ask me.I haven't been hooked to a game like how this has got me for like ages. This game is literally what I ever wanted Final Fantasy to evolve into, as a kid this is the game I fantasized Final fantasy would be and that satisfies me the so much. I love the environments, really love the combat and this game feels rewarding with progress. And also unlike some other people Im really liking the story as well. But frankly speaking I've been lost for like hours (even 5 or more) and although Lost on story I was still enjoying the game . This along with Bayonetta 2 are sitting at the top of my favourite Wii U games of all time and also the only game that is keeping the dusts off my Wii U, and the game that made me keep Witcher 3 and Far Cry 4 aside. Now I'm lost on those games lol and now straight to Uncharted 4 until then Xeno. I havent completed the game yet I'm on Chapter 10, Level 42.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

edhe

After 148 hours I've beaten Xenoblade Chronicles X. All it took was a gatling gun with a TP boost gain, and I was able to utilise overdrive and hammer the final boss with a few high damage arts. I wasn't able to fully optimise my weapons because some of the materials seemed too hard to get without buying them with reward tickets. Also, I felt bad spending the whole game using the sniper rifle, and then having to switch out to the gatling gun for the final boss when I could have tried to make it work with my original weapon.

Also, now that I have beaten the final mission, I can finally swap out Lin & Elma and train up some other characters, and do some affinity quests - the ganglion didn't seem to mind waiting 10 hours or so for me to train up a bit and attempt the final boss again.

By the way, where can I find Research probes? I'm swimming in mining probes (which I get from recon relic sites quite frequently), but I can't seem to gather as many research probes.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Rapido

@edhe: Most are from the yellow markers on the mini map that requires specific level of field skills. But post game does not really require you to gather as much money as possible so Research probe kinda gets useless in the end.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

edhe

@Rapido:

I need it for one of those missions where I need to get 130,000 credits in a single return. And I've gone on a sweep of the five areas, checking whatever site I notice, and 9 times out of 10 it's a mining probe. Other times , it's some cat ears.

Having beaten the game, I notice a particular skell frame requires 100,000 units of miranium, and seeing as my cap is about 60,000, it looks like I'll need some more storage probes too.

As for what I have at the moment, I have 110 mining probes, only 19 (generation 1 through 6) research probes, 2 booster probes, 10 storage probes, 2 duplicator probes, and 9 combat probes.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

paul6891

edhe wrote:

@Rapido:

I need it for one of those missions where I need to get 130,000 credits in a single return. And I've gone on a sweep of the five areas, checking whatever site I notice, and 9 times out of 10 it's a mining probe. Other times , it's some cat ears.

Having beaten the game, I notice a particular skell frame requires 100,000 units of miranium, and seeing as my cap is about 60,000, it looks like I'll need some more storage probes too.

As for what I have at the moment, I have 110 mining probes, only 19 (generation 1 through 6) research probes, 2 booster probes, 10 storage probes, 2 duplicator probes, and 9 combat probes.

Putting the research probes on the right spot and finding the sight seeing locations will help a lot more than finding 1 or 2 more probes. As for the 100000 miranium you've got enough storage probes but you'll need another 2 booster probes which are a right pain to get.

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Rapido

edhe wrote:

@Rapido:

I don't know if it'll help but you can try to play around with my Storage probe setup in Cauldros. I've managed to get 100k miranium using only 8 probes. That, or as @paul6891 said, get more booster probes.

Edited on by Rapido

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

edhe

@Rapido: Thanks. When I consider constructing that particular skell, I'll use your layout.

Finally got that recruitable character. I'll still want to play to 100% completion, but I can start playing other games now.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Jamotello

hi there! my cross is now finally level 40 and i figured it's time to continue with the story missions since i've been running into more and more 'level 5' requirements for treasure boxes. i've started story mission 6 but the last one i completed was story mission 4. is it possible to skip one just by roaming around mira doing missions?

also, i want to avoid looking up an faq or wiki for this because i want to avoid spoilers, but i want to get a skell now. am i right in jsut doing the story missions or is there something else i need to look out for? just the barest of answers for that one, i ask. tnx.

Jamotello

Jamotello

@Tsurii: i coulda sworn i never did mission 5 but there you go. thanks for that. did the mission, got the license and my whole crew is now mechanized. i will miss the bikinis tho'.

Jamotello

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic