Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 4,371

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
Nope, you can't leave it on. You have to constantly be moving around(and not in the same direction). You can always use the fan method if you're tight on cash.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Lol not in the same direction. Did someone try that then?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
Yep. If you're idle, or moving in the same direction, the game will sense it and not award you money.

Eat_Pie

edhe

@Tsurii:

Thanks for the reply. So as a rule of thumb, where am I likely to get the best weapons/armour from? Relic sites? Monster drops? Mission rewards? There always seems to be a wide selection at the market, and I've since fully funded all AMs. Are those weapons viabke in the late end game?

Also, you say weapons without attributes aren't worth my time, I've revealed 3 weapons through blueprints, and none of them have inate attributes, so am I to assume none of them will?

@Pahvi Thanks for the explanation.

Another thing I was doing yesrerday was finding relic sites to raise my exploration rating - I've been accumulating a large number of mining probes from that. The problem is, I now need some research probes (partly for a mission that requires me to get 130,000 credits in a single return). Looking at the trend, it appears that relic sites don't even yield research probes - any tips on where I can find some?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Andyliini

This might sound like a stupid question but... How do I change targets mid-battle?

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

edhe

@Andyliini:

Unless you mean change targeting of appendages. I've found that extremely finicky, the reticule rapidly switching until you are able to lock it down. Is there a way to switch appendage targeting without slowly strafing and flying around an enemy?

If I recall, if you are already engaging more than one enemy, tapping the R trigger switches to the next closest/visible enemy - handy if you've knocked one down and want to move on to the next one right away (rather than wait a few seconds for it to dissapear). Like Pahvi says, you can also do it with the R and Y or A buttons.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

@Tsurii:

So tyrants, basically. I'll look into seeing how I do against those sphinxes.

Also, that return to skell trick sounds handy - usually, I'd quick travel to a location nearby to respawn the enemies, but that trick sounds much more convenient.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Lycidas

Finished the game this afternoon, the ending left a really sour taste. So much potential left unused for what could've been a good story. Makes me wonder whether I'll muster the courage to grind on for Skells and tyrants, or just move on to another game. Can't see the point in going back to unlock etxra character that with the exception of Mia I don't care about, or do sidequests for random NCPs while the Wrothians are there in plain sight...

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Eat_Pie

I'm 150 hours in and sitting at 93% completion. NLA is 100% complete, leaving only the continents. I'll probably work towards 100% and then stop playing. I'll probably end up grinding for a level 60 Zenith Cannon and take out the superbosses and other tyrants required for the 100%.

Eat_Pie

JaxonH

@DiscoGentleman:
Congrats! And congrats again (for the Super Bowl win). I lost interest in sports after high school, and I'm the same way. No time for the Super Bowl when I've got games to play

That flight module really does change the game again though doesn't it? It's exciting the first time you take it for a spin, completely unrestricted. I finished this game a few weeks ago but just dropped in to see how everyone else was faring.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

What do the yellow speech bubbles that "uncover" new areas actually do?

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

What do the yellow speech bubbles that "uncover" new areas actually do?

I've been wondering this too. I assume it helps with your percentage for an area?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

And what does your percentage for an area do?

paul6891

I've done it, after 3 or 4 days of grinding out levels and upping my gear I've finished the last chapter. It still took me three goes tho. I might be in the minority but I liked the ending,!

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
Nice! Are you doing post-game?

I liked the ending too, but most people, like me, agree that it leaves on a cliffhanger and is baiting a sequel.

Eat_Pie

paul6891

@Eat_Pie:
I do want to do post game but not sure I'm good enough. It's taken me 110 hours to finish the game. I want an ares 90 or to customise a level 60 but it seems it takes a heck of a lot of effort

network ID liverpaul

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
I was around the same place you were(time wise). It doesn't take that long to optimize or beat the game. Just keep farming Telethia for the parts for Ares 90. That'll be the most time-consuming for a skell. After that, farming becomes much easier. I would suggest going Ares 90, then ground build, then custom skell. The only parts of a custom skell that will take a while are the augments. Those can sometimes be a pain to grind, but other than that, it won't take long. Yggralith provides a lot more reward tickets, but I'm not sure you can farm him for parts with a level 50 skell.

Eat_Pie

paul6891

Eat_Pie wrote:

@paul6891
I was around the same place you were(time wise). It doesn't take that long to optimize or beat the game. Just keep farming Telethia for the parts for Ares 90. That'll be the most time-consuming for a skell. After that, farming becomes much easier. I would suggest going Ares 90, then ground build, then custom skell. The only parts of a custom skell that will take a while are the augments. Those can sometimes be a pain to grind, but other than that, it won't take long. Yggralith provides a lot more reward tickets, but I'm not sure you can farm him for parts with a level 50 skell.

I'm certainly going to try! I might not be able to %100 the game but I want to be able to beat those high level tyrants! I think as long as I can work out what comes from where or who then i might be ok

network ID liverpaul

paul6891

@Eat_Pie:
Thanks. That'll help alot. It seems like I've got so much to do still even after finishing the story. I need to do the level 5 stuff to set all the probes, I need to get the right probes to max miranium storage. All whilst getting to level 60 and trying to obtain materials.

network ID liverpaul

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic