Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 4,371

paul6891

So I've reached chapter 12 and yep it kicked my butt. I'd had barely any issues up until then so didn't save. I had no idea what I was in for. Couldn't beat it? so had to reset and lost hours. So cruel!?!! I think I need a little help so any tips for for chapter 12, especially when you have to go on foot!?

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
Use beam weapons, and make sure you have a level 50 skell and four skells in your party. Grind to a higher level, or get a better build.

Eat_Pie

paul6891

Tsurii wrote:

@paul6891:
1) get some decent lvl 50 skell, preferably with an AoE art/weapon like the phoenix or the G2 Buster (well, not really AoE but you hit everything in front of you with it)
2) learn overdrive. If you understand that, you will have a lot easier of a time against the bosses, especially the last one who forces you to fight on foot (you can do everything else in a skell if it doesn't get wrecked)
3)...uhh, that was actually it.
Try to get good ground and skell builds and learn the different battle mechanics and you should be fine. Chapter 12 is tricky but it's far from being unfair or impossible ^^

My skells not a problem, I could do the first few parts with only my level 50! It's when I'm forced to go on foot that I'm struggling. I'm ok until that queen thing shows up then I get wrecked.

network ID liverpaul

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
Get a better ground build, or grind to a higher level. Check arts/skills/gear on your allies.

Eat_Pie

paul6891

Eat_Pie wrote:

@paul6891
Get a better ground build, or grind to a higher level. Check arts/skills/gear on your allies.

I did spend quite a while looking at that but I don't really know what works best. I'll have to try a few things and grind out a few more levels

network ID liverpaul

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
One build you can use is the Blossom Dance build if you're really struggling. If you haven't upgraded your battle points, you should be able to upgrade most of the arts/skills. It makes the battle a lot easier(you can even beat part 3 on foot) and sets you up for the post-game.

Eat_Pie

paul6891

Eat_Pie wrote:

@paul6891
One build you can use is the Blossom Dance build if you're really struggling. If you haven't upgraded your battle points, you should be able to upgrade most of the arts/skills. It makes the battle a lot easier(you can even beat part 3 on foot) and sets you up for the post-game.

I just looked into blossom dance, seems like it'll take a long time to set up. I haven't even used nagi let alone got 3 hearts to kick start his affinity missons which I can't do anyway cuz I'm stuck in a story Misson.

network ID liverpaul

edhe

@Tsurii:

Am I hearing you correctly? That the final boss forces you to fight on foot. Does it involve draining all of your skell fuel, because I thought I was just unlucky and had run out of fuel. I was prepared to wait 3 hours with the game open to completely refuel my skell.

If that's the case, I'm boned. I'm on the last phase of the last boss of the damned game, and I stand no chance of beating it. I'm going to have to spend another 10 hours raising my level to an acceptable level, killing hundreds of uncommon monsters for hundreds of drops just so I can make some half decent augments and upgrades.

I really thought I was going to be able to beat it this week...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Eat_Pie

@edhe
You could switch to Mediators and get the fuel up ticket to refuel your skell. Other than that, you'll have to get a good ground build.

Eat_Pie

edhe

An annoying thing I find is, for example I could gather the white fungal eggs and nutritious microbes needed to upgrade my Lvl 40 Archetype weapon, but by the time I've gathered everything, I'll be able to create the level 60 one, and I'll probably have to start gathering stuff again. At least the augments can be transfered, but at that point, I could probably gun for the higher grade ones (although they will probably require the most rare items).

At least I can get to see L dance again.

Also, regarding the AM terminal, when do the skell frames/weapons/rest of ground gear become available? Is it through a mission? Through AM investment (I've nearly fully funded all manufacturers), or is it simply once I beat the game?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eat_Pie

@Tsurii
OD isn't key to the final battle. I beat the boss without OD. As long as they have a decent ground build, and good gear/arts/skills equipped, they should be fine.

@edhe
Sakuraba level 5 unlocks lv 50 skells frames.
C&C level 5 gives you automatic treasure sensor.
Level 60 skells require you to beat the game except for Alexa's(which is pretty bad)

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

edhe

@Eat_Pie I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I refer to the AM terminal where you can assemble your own weapons. In the weapon tab, there are archetype weapons for level 20,40 and 60 characters, but below are also locked weapons. Similarly, if I recall, there are various fashion armours initially available with others hidden. The Skell frames and equipment menus are blank.

When it comes to the AMs, I've fully funded all except for Six Stars and the Nopon one.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eat_Pie

@edhe
Yes, we're talking about the same thing. I was talking about funding. The custom weapons aren't worth making because you find much better ones from drops. Level 60 skells are unlocked after the game.

Eat_Pie

edhe

Eat_Pie wrote:

@edhe
The custom weapons aren't worth making because you find much better ones from drops.

Presumably, the ones of yellow intergalactic rarity? I've picked up a few weapons that are better than my currently equipped ones, but they tend to be "worn" or otherwise of green rarity.

I always valued the custom ones because you get 10 upgrades for the weapons which boost their abilities higher than comparable weapons.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eat_Pie

@edhe
Ground gear can't have intergalactic rarity, only skell gear. The difference between yellow and blue isn't that much(even though yellow is more rare). There are lots of weapons post-game that allow you to upgrade 10 times, and you can add 3 augments from L's shop.

Eat_Pie

edhe

@Eat_Pie:

Something to think about. Thanks for the tips.
I refuse to lower the difficulty.

Funnily enough, during the first phase of the final battle, my skell of 14,000 HP was totalled, seemingly in one shot - I thought I was going to have to grind then (although the end game doesn't let you retreat without exiting to the menu), but I tried again, and it was a walkover. Then my party was engulfed by those beasts, knocked out within seconds, but a well placed gravity shot killed about five in one shot.
The first phase of the next battle went alright, thanks to the skell, but without it, I was helpless. My sniper shots were doing pitiful damage, and when more beasts were called in, that would usually compound the defeat. My sniper rifle has served me well, but I can't say the shield has really paid off. It might be worth switching back to the javelin, or find a different weapon style, although that would involve going through another class.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

paul6891

I think Im going to dive head first into augments tonight, I've barely touched hem. What's the best way to go about getting the best augments. I need to get stronger stil

network ID liverpaul

kkslider5552000

Evening 7

I’m exhausted from fighting all these Prone xenos. But I’m glad we took out the one in charge of this base. Hopefully there aren’t more on this planet, or humanity might be in trouble…

We need to head back to base. Especially since we found another alien life form and one who seems to be peaceful. Maybe it’s because I’m still not used to this world but this guy is very amusing to me. He seems so absurd, I think I already enjoy his company. Though I worry about him with Lin around. She said she was hungry. She wouldn’t…

Btw: I went inside the base again and somehow it seems like I’m suddenly taller than everyone right now. It’s almost like I’m standing on something I shouldn’t be. …oh well, it’s probably just me!

(xeno being said instead of alien is something I have to get used to, we get it you needed to justify the title somehow...)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

edhe

Still inching towards beating the game, I got my first weapon "blueprints" today. As far as I can tell, they don't have any inate abilities, but they have 3 slots by default, and they're pretty strong - I'm 3 obsidian fragments away from getting a cool spear. I just need reward tickets.

Speaking of which, I was doing some squad tasks and quests to gather some tickets, and I've been noticing (though not neccesarily when I am taking part), that squad tasks are occasionally being cancelled due to "errors". I was contributing to one, and time was running out - I was killing syltooths (big tree giants), and I had a minute to kill one last one. The task at large wasn't possible to complete, but I could at least get a few tickets out of it. 20 seconds left, and maybe a Skell sniper rifle special away from victory, and the task was aborted...

I also took on the guardian for the first time, and with relative success. I kept clipping of parts of it's body, and reducing its health to 0 (at which point, it would refill again), but ultimately, I wasn't able to defeat it. Is it possible to actually fell it, or am I just inflicting damage to a global counter? I was able to get a nice selection of drops and a single stem cell(?), so it wasn't a complete waste.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Dezzy

Damn I don't think just leaving the game on actually allows you to accumulate money. Looks like it's wired up to only work if you're doing something

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic