Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 4,371

Lycidas

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Lycidas
Wait until you try Yggralith Zero. Ygg is even harder.

I'd like to, but I don't have any Blade Medals. Do I really need to train Characters recruited trough that terminal in front the barracks?

Spent some time exploring Cauldros, nice place, though the high level ennemies make me feel very nervous. Especially those huge things in the sky. swapped some probes around in order to match @tsurii s layout a couple of pages ago, but with only two boosters, 2 each of level 5 and level 6 research probes, the max I make a tick is 190k. ^^'

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Eat_Pie

@Lycidas
Yeah, you need to train them and get Blade medals. Cauldros is a tough plac, especially early on, so you probably want to stay near the beginning. During the game, you only go that far. 190K is more than enough and you can complete Tobias's quests.

Eat_Pie

Lycidas

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Lycidas
Yeah, you need to train them and get Blade medals. Cauldros is a tough plac, especially early on, so you probably want to stay near the beginning. During the game, you only go that far. 190K is more than enough and you can complete Tobias's quests.

Thanks for the reply! Right, then I'll probably wait til I've finished the main story to tackle them. Don't feel it right now.
Maybe I should've been a bit more clear, I've recently finished Chapter 11 and went exploring afterwards, but Cauldros still makes me shiver.
Main reason are those tough tyrants or level 60 ennemies, most of the Mechon (yeah, they aren't, but that's how I call them for convenience) don't pose a threat.

yeah, I finished Tobias' quest too, with that tyrant in Cauldros. but stil, 190k will take some time to get enough funds for all those nice little skells to buy. somehow I want all of them, like right now. XD

Super Mario Maker Levels

Leon_Kennedy

edhe wrote:

@Leon_Kennedy:

I know what you mean - between the rare pickups and the specific drops from, sometimes specific mosters (which you can at least trade for with tickets), some of the quests are extremely grindy.
I finally found my first mystic(?) wand in Sylv' for a quest, but I felt I had to register it in my compendium, otherwise I might forget it. And of course, then I had to find another one for the quest...

I too had to do a google search, and it turns out, it reliably shows up in three different areas from 19:00 until morning, so I had to do a few passes until I finally got it.

As for other pickups, I was able to find what I needed in Primordia on the big bridge in the north - primarily, Drilling Squirrels, driftwood and these coils or rings (forgive me for not being able to recall exactly what everything is called in this game).

I like the fact the game doesn't hold your hand but the one I just did there was ridiculous. I mean, the guy mentions the Great Nail in somewhere north east so id assumed that's where it was, explored there for hours before deciding to venture north east to a new area, explored there for hours again only to find out I was still in the wrong area. I think it could at least tell you the general area for things like this, or give you a few more clues

Leon_Kennedy

Eat_Pie

@Lycidas
You don't have to worry about money post-game. During post-game, money is useless and accumulates. Skells and most other things require miranium to buy it.

Eat_Pie

Lycidas

@Eat_Pie: Really? So I'll finally be able to put to use dozens of mining probes?
Though I'll have to readjust the storage probes... ^^

Super Mario Maker Levels

WiiWareWave

Has anyone run across that ridiculously large Potamus in the lake near the water treatment plant? It wasn't a tyrant, but it was 10-20x larger than a normal Potamus in the area. Was this a bug?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

paul6891

Leon_Kennedy wrote:

Just done the mission where you need to find a sperical EM motor in Noctulum. God, it was frustrating. Id never have found it without looking online. First time the games really annoyed me.

Where did you find it? Been looking for ages for one of those.

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Leon_Kennedy

paul6891 wrote:

Leon_Kennedy wrote:

Just done the mission where you need to find a sperical EM motor in Noctulum. God, it was frustrating. Id never have found it without looking online. First time the games really annoyed me.

Where did you find it? Been looking for ages for one of those.

When you get to the Great Nail, there's a massive tree trunk in the north east area, go up that and find the FN site 215 (I think that's what one it is anyway, not got it on just now so can't check) then head north east from there til you get to a bit called white wood fell or something like that, and then just keep picking up the blue collectibles til u find it.

If you google it you should come across a YouTube video if your struggling.

Leon_Kennedy

newto12

@nf_2: awesome I think I will try out the Laihla

youtube: newto187
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCENQaw56iTQqGZHZH30nqgA

Nintendo Network ID: newto12

Rezal_Knight

As much as I want to enjoy this game, I am very frustrated with the combat, I have no idea what I should do,just mash a button? Run around mashing the same button?
Is there any tutorial/guide on fighting creatures?

Rezal_Knight

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5121-9849

Leon_Kennedy

Rezal_Knight wrote:

As much as I want to enjoy this game, I am very frustrated with the combat, I have no idea what I should do,just mash a button? Run around mashing the same button?
Is there any tutorial/guide on fighting creatures?

I'm really enjoying it, but I'm the same. I don't dislike the combat but it doesn't feel very tactical for me, compared to turn based RPG's. Well aware I'm probably missing something though.

I know your supposed to try and attack from behind, and use arts when prompted, but I still don't feel like I'm using any tactics, other than making sure I've got the right equipment. Feels more like I'm playing a rhythm game than an RPG at times.

Leon_Kennedy

Leon_Kennedy

Pahvi wrote:

@Leon_Kennedy I think pretty much the same - and I have only recently started to use the arts upon prompting. But, some aspects that may or may not matter:

• Picking the correct appendages to cut out. I understand this may help to stop the enemy from using those to attack you.
  • Forcing the opponent to stop their art. I'm not 100% sure about this, but seeing what the opponents are preparing may be worth interrupting. I don't know how, but I think losing an appendage counts. Maybe toppling and staggering, too. When I'm in a mech against a Xe-Dom, I try to do this whenever they're preparing Mega something. And in that case, binding them will also help to keep it from attacking for a few seconds.

Cheers, I basically try and attack from behind, and only really use arts when prompted. If there staggered I use an art to topple them and then another art which does bonus damage when there toppled. I'll try and damage appendaces so they can't use certain attacks.

That's about it though really, and I don't do anything from fight to fight. I find it a bit too hectic at times as well for an RPG. It hasn't put me off but it's the one thing that's stopping it from being a genuinely great game, rather than just a very good one. (Will that and some of the more frustrating quests that I've went over earlier)

Leon_Kennedy

Dezzy

Just doing the string of missions for Mia. She's got to be one of the best NPCs in the game. She's just a completely mad person kind of bumbling around the world, somehow not getting killed.

And also, I just saw how much some of the best Skells cost. How do you get that kinda money?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
Doing a ton of quests. Or you can be cheap and use the fan method.

Eat_Pie

Banjo03

So, I made a video a few days ago where I basically 1 shot every endgame tyrant with different arts.

If anyone is interested in replicating this, here's how to:

For TP Arts:

Weapon traits: Potential Up, Potential Boost, or both depending on the weapon used.
Head armor traits: Potential Up and Potential Boost.
Body armor trait: Potential Up (Reginal Breaker).
Left arm armor traits: Max TP Up, -Attribute- Resistance Up (if you're struggling against certain attack), Overdrive Count Up (optimal but not needed, very rare).
Right arm armor traits: Overdrive Count Up (if you don't have it on left arm), Max HP Up (not necessary but helps), Potential Up (Reginal Ward R)
Legs armor traits: Max TP Up, Resistance Reducer (if you want to inflict a debuff).
Weapon augments: 4 Appendage Crusher, 2 Overdrive Count Up XX.
Arrmor augments: 4 Potential Up XX, 1 Potential Boost XX.
Skills: Core Crusher (if not using a forced non Ether attack), Secondary Accelerator, Inner Search, Aura Assault (if melee), Supreme Sword or Combo Gunner, Night Vision.
Weather: Aurora for Ether, Potential, and Critical Rate (Primordia and Oblivia), Crimson Aurora for Ether, Gravity, Potential, and Critical Rate (Sylalum).
Probes: Melee/Ranged Attack, Attribute Resistance.

For standard Arts:

Weapon traits: Melee/Ranged Attack Up, Melee/Ranged Attack Boost, or both depending on the weapon used, Appendage Crusher (optional), Overdrive Count Up (optional).
Head armor trait: Appendage Crusher.
Body armor trait: Melee Attack Up (Reginal Vest), Ranged Attack Up (Reginal Norak).
Left arm armor traits: Max TP Up, Melee/Ranged Attack Up, -Attribute- Resistance Up (the struggle is real).
Right arm armor traits: Overdrive Count Up, Melee/Ranged Attack Up.
Legs armor traits: Max TP Up, Resistance Reducer.
Weapon augments: 3 Appendage Crusher, 1 or 2 Overdrive Count XX (depending if you already have it as a trait), Melee/Ranged Attack Up XX to fill the rest.
Armor augments: -Attribute- Resistance Up XX (will always vary).
Skills: Core Crusher (if not using a forced non Ether attack), Secondary Accelerator, Mighty Muscle or Boosted Bullets, Aura Assault (if melee), Supreme Sword or Combo Gunner, Night Vision, Phantom Counter (optional).
Weather: Aurora for Ether and Critical Rate (Primordia and Oblivia), Crimson Aurora for Ether, Gravity, and Critical Rate (Sylalum).
Probes: Melee/Ranged Attack, Attribute Resistance.

Edited on by Banjo03

Banjo03

kkslider5552000

Day 6

We helped Myles with his conundrum but all I’ve gotten from the past day or so of work is that this is a fascinating place. I am very interested in the wildlife yet I have zero qualms killing them for materials and especially to protect the colony. I suppose this is good, as otherwise I would be useless out here.

But just now, we ran into some actual aliens. They are seemingly alien to this planet as well as alien to us. But I feel it’s a bad sign that the first ones I’ve come across have wished death on my species.

This is a short entry, we need to get going and see if we can find any humans. Based on what these two scouts said, I just hope these guys aren’t responsible for what happened to this Skell or the missing people.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Mineral

@Rezal_Knight: Read the arts description in the arts menu it should tell you when and how to use them. Same for your skills.
Sometimes the icons for the moves in combat "flash" that's because one of your teammates asked you to use it. If you choose to do it that art will also heal everyone for a bit of health.

You can also try the manual if that doesn't help. It's in the in-game menu somewhere.

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

edhe

I beat Chapters 10 and 11 today, and in pretty short order.

Of course, it took a lot of grinding, and by then, I was Lvl 50, and able to pilot the next class of Skells - which I outfitted with the kind of gear that could annihilate any boss that stood against me, which pretty much describes the boss of Chapter 10.

As for Chapter 11, I was a little worried because I had to wander a bit on foot, and while I was able to defeat the small groups of infantry, I had to be a bit cheaty when I encountered 2 infantry and a tyrant Zig - I sniped the Zig through the walls before taking on the rest of the troops. Later, I faced off against comparable groups, so I may have been a bit over cautious, but I managed it in the end. Even though I had to make up the numbers with Gwin - my highest levelled third comrade.
Of course, then I got to the part where I could let my skell in, and I proceeded to destroy the boss, finishing off the chapter - I'm certain I'm nearing the end now, and as such, I should probably get my gear in order.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic