Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 4,371

erv

TwilightAngel wrote:

Oh the music in New La is just awful. It has vocals! Why? I hope it gets better. I hope. Man this makes me miss the original Xenoblade Chronicles. It was such a masterpiece.

"... oo ou wowoow..."

Save from those off key starting vocals, the music in this game is actually really, really good. Great choice artistically. Can't get enough of the tyrant battle track too.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Lycidas

rishisquid wrote:

paul6891 wrote:

Lycidas wrote:

After spending some time farming for good Skell Weapons, reaching level 50 and buying a new skell (they are so expensive, I went down to 50k affter buying an Amdusias!), went to kill Joker, and boy did the levels fly by! Now I'm level 60, maxed out three of the six final classes, all so I'll hopefully have a chance to beat that monster of a boss in chapter 10. The first time, I got destroyed in less than ten minutes, after losing three out of four skells (of course, one of the lost ones was the free skell) and then holding out on foot.
I don't even want to think about those cursed Millesaurs and other monsters though. XD

I'm having trouble with the chapter 10 boss as well. I've brought a second level 30 skell hoping that will help but I'm only level 42 at the moment so im thinking I need to grind a bit.

Even with 4 skells I died and had to grind a while before I beat it.

I feel you. I'll be trying again tonight, hopefully I'll do better now.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

andreoni79

It's maybe 3 weeks now that I don't touch the game. Put +60 hours in it and got the flight module, but after the initial surprise the game just went back to be just a boring mess with an unsatisfying gameplay in a good looking world. MH3U it's way better than this. Maybe it's just my PS4 backlog that killed my residual interest in WiiU...
Even more depressing, the site could be named now Nintendo3DSLife according to the list of upcoming games...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

paul6891

Lycidas wrote:

rishisquid wrote:

paul6891 wrote:

Lycidas wrote:

After spending some time farming for good Skell Weapons, reaching level 50 and buying a new skell (they are so expensive, I went down to 50k affter buying an Amdusias!), went to kill Joker, and boy did the levels fly by! Now I'm level 60, maxed out three of the six final classes, all so I'll hopefully have a chance to beat that monster of a boss in chapter 10. The first time, I got destroyed in less than ten minutes, after losing three out of four skells (of course, one of the lost ones was the free skell) and then holding out on foot.
I don't even want to think about those cursed Millesaurs and other monsters though. XD

I'm having trouble with the chapter 10 boss as well. I've brought a second level 30 skell hoping that will help but I'm only level 42 at the moment so im thinking I need to grind a bit.

Even with 4 skells I died and had to grind a while before I beat it.

I feel you. I'll be trying again tonight, hopefully I'll do better now.

It was actually pretty easy second time round, I was level 44 with 2 level 30 skells and the level 20. The boss comes in 2 parts and the second part I could probably have done with my eyes closed. I was surprised how easy it was

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Dezzy

andreoni79 wrote:

It's maybe 3 weeks now that I don't touch the game. Put +60 hours in it and got the flight module, but after the initial surprise the game just went back to be just a boring mess with an unsatisfying gameplay in a good looking world. MH3U it's way better than this. Maybe it's just my PS4 backlog that killed my residual interest in WiiU...
Even more depressing, the site could be named now Nintendo3DSLife according to the list of upcoming games...

I had a big break from it too. About 2 weeks or so. I'm completely back into it now though. If you sit down again for a few hours with it, I bet it'll click.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WiiWareWave

@kkslider5552000: Aren't you a staff member here? You have right to your own beliefs, but don't tell someone that they aren't entitled to have their own beliefs. The music in this game is only great if you like techno/hiphop/rapp. If not then you wouldn't like it.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

VelvetElvis

@Neko_Ichigofan: Joking aside, I think it's unfair to say that the score is "only great" for fans of techno, hip-hop and rap — or pop or rock for the matter (although you might be joking, too, with the smiley face). The score is really all over the place — for better or worse — but a lot of my favorite tracks don't fall into those categories at all. Like these:

"THEMEX": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXqbYWKsBAU&index=2&l...

"MONOX": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OklykLqYdWE&index=9&l...

"N周L辺A" (Primordia Theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB9Fmi1l5F4&index=37&...

"N木ig木ht木L" (Noctilum Theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIcf7ZQ1Us&list=PLLJGSB6...

"fiKAIeldJOU" (Ocean Theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKcMOLYs1Fk&list=PLLJGSB6...

"46-:ri9" (Sylvalum Theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XarfnZ1l9Vk&list=PLLJGSB6...

Mostly, this was just an excuse for me to post some tracks from the game that I really love. Had to get that out of my system. Carry on.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Eat_Pie

I found a way to build Zenith Cannon without ground grear. After crafting the Mastema and Lailah, both are really good skells. Each specializes in their own thing and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

The tyrant theme and Noctilum theme are my favorites.

Eat_Pie

VelvetElvis

@Neko_Ichigofan: That is is. The music is just as crazily inconsistent as some of the game's other factors, but I consider it a flawed work of tremendous ambition, and I love it for that. I'm 132 hours in, and just now brought myself to finish Chapter 10. I keep waiting for the day that X doesn't tear me away from every other game (or book, or movie, for that matter) but it hasn't happened yet.

VelvetElvis

Mineral

I finally have 100% Mira Survey, all the holofigures, all normal and affinity missions finished and I even grinded out some pretty nice level 60 skells and gear. I'm done !
This was such a fun game. I'm looking forward to the sequel and to play the first game later this year.
I need a break from really long games for now, since I clocked 338 hours and 35 minutes into this one !

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

Dezzy

How do you get the best Art for the raygun? Anyone???? (I think it's from a side-quest)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

edhe

@Mineral:

I saw a post on reddit of someone saying they had achieved 100%, and wondered whether they completely filled out the bestiary (drops and all).

When I got for completion, that's one of the things I'll look to do.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Monkey_Balls

Ha, I love how you lot are talking about augments, arts, slots and classes with fancy names while I'm like: "The girl just shouted something in purple... quick, select the purple icon at the bottom of the screen!"

You mean there's actually a strategy to this thing? How can you even tell what art or weapon is the best? I seem to be doing okay just picking the strongest thing I happen to have in my inventory (God knows where I get them from because those blue pick-ups offer no clues other than tiny writing that disappears in seconds), and waiting for my buddies to scream at me in (literally) colourful language...

That's the interesting thing about this game - it can be as deep or shallow as people see fit. And yes, I'm in the latter camp, but it doesn't stop me enjoying the game.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Mineral

@edhe:
You don't need to fill out the bestiary to get 100% survey. You just have do the main mission, hunt down the main tyrant or talk to the "main" person of that area.

Edited on by Mineral

Mineral

3DS Friend Code: 1607-1877-1442

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic