Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 4,371

rishisquid

@Darknyht: That's harsh

I maxed out samurai gunner and am now trying to become a psycho corrupter.

It takes so long though...

rishisquid

Darknyht

@rishisquid: At least when you max out a class you have the advantage of just using the old master weapons/arts with the new class until you build some arts. This has been 20+ levels of getting five-six arts only to start over again with two. It is probably made worse in that I am hoarding BP because I want a Knife/Sniper combo (so I am only investing in Sniper Arts). I just feel like I have to horde the one melee and now two ranged attacks I have in order to get what few soil voices that come along. Things probably will get easier once Irina gets her area effect healing art, but at the moment I feel like I am struggling to deal with enemies my own level.

My last playthrough was with a Mastered Duelist and I used those arts pretty much exclusively while mastering Galactic Knight and Full Metal Jager and most of the Pyscho Corrupter lines. I just never found anything that I preferred over the Thermal Build with the Longsword (and nothing but the Longsword) I came up with and tweaked as I gained Affinity Arts. With the recharge speed of Max Rising Blade and the others I worked with I was constantly able trigger Soul Voices for healing/effects. When you added in a few Arts that built TP, the longsword was able to slugfest or tank individuals in battle.

But then again, it may be rose-colored glasses remembering myself as much more powerful at this point in the game than I really was. I may also be a little spoiled by being able to more or less stroll around Mira with my last playthrough.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Eat_Pie

@Dezzy
Farming global nemesis and doing squad tasks
@Darknyht
Not sure how far you are, but Joker farming makes class and level grinding really easy

Telethia was beat today! Now on to Yggralith Zero.

Eat_Pie

kkslider5552000

I haven't updated here for a while...

Day 3 (about to be Night 3)

After resting for a bit last night, I suppose I’m officially part of BLADE now. We were told to install a probe but we found these gigantic monsters dead near the area. It was kinda horrifying to see creatures so much larger than me just laying there, unmoving. Apparently they were killed by this Tyrant, a rare and dangerous version of the normal wildlife here. I would have to look up what these creatures are called but this was the most dangerous thing I’ve personally encountered so far. Thankfully Elma and Lin were great team mates for stopping this creature. I’m not sure if I should be impressed or not though. If it’s a tyrant and they could kill the monsters we saw, I suppose but it does feel like 3 people with such advanced weaponry shouldn’t be the underdogs against a creature, even a particular large one. Elma seemed to take most of the attacks from this creature and made herself the creature’s target. I am very grateful to have someone like her around.

Regardless, we protected the city, which is great! I am happy to do so, as…it’s the only home I have right now.

Night 4

I am such a fool. I’m surprised Elma didn’t chew me out for my idiotic misunderstanding of the mission and how I wasted everyone’s time! I’m almost embarrassed to write this down.

So, a day ago after reporting that we killed that Tyrant, I was introduced to a bunch of divisions of BLADE that I could potentially join. While I can ultimately do what I want (all things considered), it made the most sense to join the Pathfinders as I am increasingly interested in exploring this world. It was at least what made sense to me so, I decided fairly quickly to just go with it. I hope I don’t regret this sudden decision making…

So now as a member of BLADE, I decided now was a good time to check out some of the missions that were currently available. I took some of the ones that would be easier to accomplish. Lin was pumped to help today o that encouraged me to take quite a few tasks. Unfortunately, I didn’t let them see what the mission entailed. I just said who we needed to see, found out they were in the Industrial District and started to run that way as I wanted to know the city better instead of relying on a trip in these flying vehicles. We’re all fine jumping from great heights so I took advantage of that. Unfortunately, I missed the road and landed straight in the water.

Elma and Lin were kind enough to go after me but thankfully we did get back on the road after climbing the pipes. This was far easier than I expected if I can be honest, but I certainly won’t complain. What I will complain about is my own inability to read. I didn’t realize that going to the people who want miranium was meaningless if I didn’t have any. I am such an idiot, oh my god!

I immediately changed course to the west gate once I saw another mission was that way, listening to anyone who happened to be around. When we went through the west gate, I knew I must take out some sort of enemy. At first, I tried to take out some of those pig monsters above the nearby cliff but they were stronger than I expected so we retreated. Instead, much weaker insects were on the cliffs and were a target for yet another mission. I thought it said we needed to kill 5 of them, so I did just that. I didn’t realize in order to get what we need I needed a specific weapon! Oh god, what was wrong with me today?! I feel I should’ve been reprimanded so much harder than I was by Elma. She said it was fine as training as long as I learned to pay attention to the mission in the future. I promised to her to do just that. She’s way too lenient on me, I swear!

Now, we’re at least heading in the right direction for another mission.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gerald

Can anyone advise how you insure a Skell? And how you get a replacement. I have gone through all the shop menus and can't find it anywhere. I can see that my insurance is 3 on the Skell shop. At the moment I am resorting to going back to the previous save file every time my Skell is destroyed.

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Gerald

@Pahvi: @Tsurii: Thanks for the info guys.
I think I need to get myself an idiots guide to Skells.
I am currently on Story Mission 9, I can't fly my Skell yet, I assume that will unlock later.
I don't know where in the Barracks you get your Skell after losing it. Will look again.
I have also purchased 2 other Skells, but have no idea where they are, or how to assign them to Team Members.

Looks like I need to spend more time trying to figure these things out

Edited on by Gerald

Gerald

@Pahvi: yeah, I never go to that terminal because I thought it was all Barracks decorating. That's made a few missions easier. Thanks

rishisquid

I'm lvl 47 at the moment, and want to get to 50 ASAP to get the new skells. Is there a good place to grind or some way to get a lot of xp quickly?

rishisquid

Eat_Pie

@rishisquid
Take on small level 50+ enemies. You could also grind level 40 enemies, but it'll take longer.

Eat_Pie

rishisquid

@Eat_Pie: Ah, I see. I've been killing level 50's for a while and I didn't know if there was a faster way, but thanks.

rishisquid

crimsontadpoles

I just managed to complete a rather annoying side quest.

It involved Irena and Murderess. It involved us finding some reckage, then Murderess betraying us. I wasn't going to let her get away with it, so I chose to defeat her 3 blade goons (one in a skell). I hadn't battled much with Irena and I don't have a skell license, so I had to battle lots of weak enemies and buy better armour before I could defeat them. After all that hard work, I get back to New Los Angles and find Murderess has taken the mission reward, and there's no dialogue option for breaking her legs, or reporting her to the captain guy. Instead, you just get to recruit her whenever you want.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Eat_Pie

@rishisquid
The fastest way is Joker, but since you don't have a level 50 skell(and I'm not sure if you can fly), you won't be able to take him on. The fastest way for you right now would be to take on higher level enemies. You could also do a ton of normal missions.

Eat_Pie

rishisquid

@Eat_Pie: Where is Joker? I want to know for when I get the new skell.

rishisquid

Eat_Pie

@rishisquid
Go to FN 201. Fly towards the big plant and drop down. Joker will be there.

Eat_Pie

erv

What's a cycle in the game? I earned those 15000 credits quite easily after doing some probe magic, but still don't know what counts as 1 cycle Is it one day, one night?

This game is definitely more fun each time you get more involved in it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

DekuOnion

A few questions:
-Is there a way to see all my quest objectives on the map at the same time? Selecting each mission then backing out to check the location on the gamepad one at a time is really annoying.
-Where is the settings for audio? I would like to turn the character voices up a bit to better hear them over the BGM.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Eat_Pie

@erv
One cycle is every 15-30 minutes.

@DekuOnion

• No. It's really not annoying. It doesn't take that much time. Some will automatically go on too.
  • There's no audio setting.

Eat_Pie

VelvetElvis

@DekuOnion: Sorry to say, but there are not options for either of those things.

I think having all quest objectives on the map at once would turn into a bit of a mess, but I completely agree that there should be audio settings. Or at the very least, a better mix — I'm shocked anyone listened to the mix during dialogue scenes and signed off on it.

EDIT: Yep, like @Eat_Pie said.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

DekuOnion

Bummer. I do find it helps a little if I listen to the game with my headphones through the gamepad (which in general is an awesome feature about the Wii U as I don't have any other way to listen to the TV through a headset). I guess I will have to keep the subtitles on, which I don't mind too much as the dialogue sticks with me more when I both read it and hear it.

I just got Tatsu. That ball of light he 'gives' you is pretty handy.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic