Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 4,371

Darknyht

@ACK: I ran that by Frye and this is what he had to say on the subject, "Someone who bears the title of Samurai Gunner not only is manly, but carries much honor. We proudly carry a giant sword into battle in the tradition of our hero Cloud Strife. We singlehandedly maul anything that walks into our paths, while laughing at the mere flesh wounds the pathetically wimpy creatures of Mira give us. We don't need to hide behind a shield, act like a coward that hits from behind/shoots from 500m away, and we definitely don't need fancy plasma swords or overpowered explosives to kill things. We Samurai Gunners just need cold steel, the brute force of our ridiculously oversized muscles, and lots of alcohol."

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Darknyht

@ELI-ASH: Blade Headquarters is technically most if not all of the administrative district. The tower with the countdown clock is where the leaders reside, the barricks is located behind it at a yellow door and each division is located on the street running north/south. There is also an office tower to the left of the mission board when you are looking at it that occasionally you meet people. On the lower levels you will find the Skell maintenance center underneath everything else.

If you look on the minimap, it will point you in the right direction with a yellow arrow and will either put a yellow circle for general area or a blinking green circle for a specific spot when you get close.

Darknyht

ELI-ASH

I figired it out. I just needed to finish chapter 3 and then the barracks get updated with the circular room.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ACK

@Darknyht: Haha! I will admit to feeling a smidgen inadequate when I'm flailing with my knife and a teammate unsheathes his massive Longsword along side me. Between you and me, I usually slink off behind the nearest rock to stroke my Raygun while my ranged arts cool down and then emerge to blow my wad all over the battlefield. Feels better.

ACK

Twitter:

ACK

@Tsurii: A full team of Vixens in bikinis is required to get the most out a male Raygun user. This is fact.

Anyway, I would love to see what you got cooking. I'm away from home and realized that I will need to write this stuff down to remember the nuances, but also I am far from end game since I sm really taking my time to soak it all in (I hope to explore as much as possible on foot before using a Skell.)

A real testament to X's combat system is that there appears to be a wide array if viable strategies and tactics available to each class. Now, like most RPGs the balance will never be perfect and there are many ways to cheese the system, but that doesn't make alternative strategies less effective.

Case in point, a Longsword or Photon Saber user can singlehandedly sway a battle by getting off their melee combo priorities to inflict massive damage. A Mastermind probably can't compare to that, but with a proper team set up and measured use of debuffs, the damage potential of your entire team can be impressive. Raygun also has some great ranged combo potential and the ability to take the enemy off of it's game with buffs/debuffs (Sleep is quite effective, for instance).

Anyway, I'm still in the mode of exploring and collecting (gotta grind for those amazing augments - love Arts: TP Gain and Aura Rapid Cooldown , especially). So my gear and build are far from set, but the more I play the more impressed I am by the potential for creative strategies. This might be the first open world RPG that inspired me to really hone my character since Morrowind (and that game was terribly easy to cheese through). To maintain appeal even after the world has been largely traversed is quite the feat for this sort of game and shows that Monolith really found something with this unique battle system.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

Dezzy

I'm having a conundrum with this game.

I'm eager to progress the story but at the same time, I think I lose interest in the world when the story is over. Seems like you need that thing to be aiming for whilst you're grinding.

Sales figures for the game are at about 650K btw. That's just 3 weeks of sales figures though. It looks set to hit a million. Unless the NX announcement comes early and stops further Wii U buyers.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Darknyht

@ACK: All in jest. Honestly I secretly want to build a party that is modeled after the fireteam (British version) concept. It would consist of: Team Leader - Assault Rifle/??? (Player), Rifleman - Assault Rifle/??? (Irina, Gwin or Alexa), Automatic Rifleman - Gatling Gun/??? (Lin, L, Yelv, or H.B), Designated Marksman - Sniper Rifle/??? (Boze/Lao maybe).

I know it would be a challenge to make it work, especially with the game giving better TP for melee attacks and require a lot of control of the party. It just seems like what would actually happen based on how things work now, and the concept has an appeal to me.

EDIT: In fact, I think I just might backup my current save file and start over again tonight and attempt this.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

PowerStar

Hey guys. I'm kinda stuck and need a little help.

I just completed the Myles to Go mission (Did it right after the mission where you find out about the fate of Nelson and his team and tell BLADE). It involved delivering supplies and fighting an enemy. Anyways, after talking to Myles when completing the mission, the duty of installing the data probes he was supposed to install fell on me by choice. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention when he told me where they were supposed to be installed. I just though the locations would be shown to me on the map. They weren't. It doesn't show up on the mission. I tried talking again to Myles, but I either can't find him, or he's not there anymore. I did install two probes that I came across, but I'm not sure those were the ones that I was supposed to.

Anyone have any help for me? Maybe a Youtube video of someone accepting the task of installing the probes? Or a site/walkthrough/etc. that could give me the info I'm looking for? Maybe one of you already knows the answer? All I really want to see is the text where Myles tells you of the locations. Everything I've found so far has not been helpful. Any help would be appreciated.

Try my newest Mario Maker stage: "Can You Dig It?" 545C-0000-01B2-C095

Nintendo Network ID: PitBrawler

luisesteban

@PowerStar: Look in the map for a blinking blue spot, it would show you where you have to go. Always.

luisesteban

Eat_Pie

@PowerStar
Are you sure it's the right quest? In Myles To Go, you have to kill a Whimsical Duogill and talk to Myles to finish the quest.

Eat_Pie

PowerStar

@Eat_Pie Ya I'm sure. After you beat the duo gill, you end the mission. But Myles keeps talking and mentions that he still needs to install 2 data probes. Picking one of the responses has Myles give the job to you. It doesn't show up as a mission. Where they were supposed to be put was only mentioned once.

Anyway, after playing some more, it doesn't seem it's necessary to advance, or, the two probes I did install in the previous post were the right ones.

Try my newest Mario Maker stage: "Can You Dig It?" 545C-0000-01B2-C095

Nintendo Network ID: PitBrawler

Darknyht

Started my second playthrough. I am building a knife/sniper combo this time around. And then I will go hit up the Assault Rifle and Gatling Gun classes next. Going to try to stick with the fireteam concept I mention previously.

Darknyht

Eat_Pie

@Pahvi
Those are skell weapons

Does anyone know what Tyrant drops Ultra Nebulan Dyads III(dual guns)? I'm trying to get one for my build with Potential Up and Pot. Boost.

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

@Tsurii
Thanks! I've gotten a couple level 60 Dual Guns from Joker, but I haven't got what I wanted. I'll keep farming him. There are a couple tyrants that do drop specific weapons. Lugalbanda the Wanderer King and Dadaan the Strongest prone will drop an ether and gravity katana respectively.

Eat_Pie

Lycidas

Tsurii wrote:

@Lycidas: Uhh...I think you get most of the research probes from treasure boxes. Try getting all of the level 5 field skills and just search around a bit.
You get the skills from the"Zielort unbekannt" Quests ("Off the record" in English for everyone else lol) and you unlock those every time you reach lvl 4 with a field skill (there's three in total. They're pretty cryptic, with the German riddles being beyond ridiculous in terms of how vague they are, so don't feel bad if you look the objectives up )

thanks for the reply! I used a guide (really, those "directions" were impossibly vague! XD ) and got mechanical up to level 5, now I only need to find the treasure boxes.
a shame that the archaelogical off the record is way above my head for now, so I'll have to wait on that one. In the meantime I swapped my probe setup ond got up to 100k income, which is quite handy, especially now that I bought another skell to have four of them. The level 50 ones will be expensive. ^^'

Spent some time again on affinity missions, and though they're quite good, I'm a bit disappointed about the fact that some named characters are only one-offs in the main story and can't be recruited, but you get NPCs who feel really random to join you. And you get some totally random alien species to join you in NLA, but the one I'd kill to have is withheld from me...

why can't I get the Wrothians?

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Eat_Pie

@Lycidas
You can. You're probably too early in the game to recruit them.

Does anyone know where to find a storage probe? I'm trying to get 100K miranium storage, and I'm only one storage probe from completing the layout that's been floating around. I've done all of Kirsty's quests and completed the story. I looked online and it seems I have to find them from treasure. The one in Sylvalum is from Dr. B's quest. The one in Cauldros is east of 514, which is the one I'll check out. Is there another quest I can do to get them?

Edit: Nevermind. I found a storage probe in Cauldros. Now I just need a duplicator and booster probe to get my credits back up 140k.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Leon_Kennedy

Despite my reservations I bought this and I'm loving it. Spent ages just running about fighting before going to the city at the start. Can see myself getting seriously addicted to this.

Leon_Kennedy

Lycidas

@Eat_Pie: really? far as I know you can't have a member of that race in your party, though I really wouldn't mind being wrong.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Eat_Pie

@Lycidas
You can't have them in your party. I thought you meant recruiting them as an ally.

@Tsurii
Yep. I finished the Tobias quest and got a booster probe. The probe he gave me went towards my 100k miranium storage. I originally had a booster and duplicator in Oblivia to complete his quest. I had to move them over in order to get to 100k miranium. Now I need to find another booster and duplicator to get my credits back to where they were.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

@Tsurii.
Yes. I did both of his quests. You had to get 70K per tick on the first quest and 130k per tick on the second quest. I haven't done his quest with Kirsty yet though. That gives me a G2 Booster probe which is what I need. Now I just need a duplicator probe. Thanks!

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic