Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 4,371

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
The level 30 ones will drop level 30 weapons. The level 40 ones will drop level 50 weapons. I suggest farming until you get an intergalactic(orange) weapon, but a blue one provides a lot of power too.

Eat_Pie

Action51

AlternateButtons wrote:

Well I got to another data probe somehow and after feverishly hitting the A Button a bunch.......my survey rate is now at 19.64%.

I hate this game.

EDIT; I FOUND ONE AFTER BEING CHASED BY LEVEL 50 ENEMIES. THANK GOD. I actually have headache from that. That was agonizing.

What's the rush?

There's so much to do and so much to explore in this game. Just do things as they come and let the game "happen"...you'll beat it eventually.

Action51

Action51

AlternateButtons wrote:

@Action51: Because I hate surveying and want to get it over with so I can do more fun missions. I was also trying to grind a bit for levels.

I mean this in the most silly and light hearted way possible when I say:

"You're doing it wrong"

You really don't have to grind in this game if you're doing missions both from the boards, and exploring the city for new missions from citizens.

Also, look for caves and alternate paths. You might be surprised what you find.

Action51

Darknyht

@Eat_Pie: I think we approach this game very differently. For example, I stick with Mediators because that is what the guy I created would do, trying to make NLA a better place for all and train those around him to be better. I know I could join the prospectors and reap tons of rewards, but that is not who he is. Likewise, I have the fetch quests because the it is what I was pursuing finishing out (I did just about every mission in the last one, except some that I got accidentally locked out of) I am just a little frustrated because for 91 hours the Research Probes have escaped me and it is starting to hinder my progress in what I want to accomplish (mission completions).

Right now, I have 46% of Mira surveyed, but only have 8 Research Probes (2 G1, 2 G2, 1 G3, 2 G4 and a G5). It sounds like I need to spend more time chasing after the spots and eventually those numbers will increase. On the flip side, I have 15 G2 Mining probes and multiple others with 6-9. Basically, I just haven't had luck in getting the Research probes. I think already I am going to switch gears a little and focus on getting most of Primordia surveyed. Maybe I will find the missing Research probes in the process.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

luisesteban

AlternateButtons wrote:

I'm gonna vent. This game can't be serious. It just cant. One requirement of Chapter 6 is to survey 20% of Noctilum. I'm currently at 18.94%, .

You can survey Noctilum at 29%, is a easy pick without skells. Just hide a lot of the monsters. I didn't see that the requirement was 20%, and I keep travel a lot thinking I need to reach til 30%

luisesteban

Benjelo

I joined prospectors when I first joined BLADE just because it sounded interesting. I thought my main jobs would require me to explore caves and stuff, but it looks like it's more focused around data probes as far as I can tell. I'm playing this game very casually due to how much I would need to memorize and how much time it would take if I wanted to really get into this game. Maybe over summer break I can start getting into the more intense stuff.

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Darknyht

@AlternateButtons: If you are patient, you can swim around the left side of the Noctilum to a beach. From there with just a little stealth (and letting your three helpers be monster food while you bravely run away) you can easily get to enough probes to reach the number.

In general, I finally managed to get my 9th research probe at the end of the night yesterday. Unfortunately, I still lack three of any kind of them. But at least I have an idea what to look for when I am searching since it appears that each type of yellow square gives the same thing.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Nintendokid16

This game is fun but have spend way too much trying to get Connors phone thingy. I know it is in the yellow area but so hard to find. The world is amazing

Nintendokid16

Fee

Can someone confirm some spoilers for me? I heard Lynlee was a robot and believed it but I looked online and I could only find Rook as the robot(though there was hardly any information on Lyn so I couldn't disprove it either). Have I been lying to people?

Fee

Nintendo Network ID: Savoir

erv

@Tsurii: lol I'm patting myself on the back here for not being that person:p

I've come across that bit of story though. I'm now more involved in other missions than just the story ones. I like the story so far, and the depth the free surrounding adds to it. It's quite ingenious and different, but works wonders if you embrace it.

This game is more revolutionary in its setup than most give it credit for yet.

Note, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the gear that manufacturers are building after you leveled them. There's just so much stuff in this thing. Really nice.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Fee

@Tsurii: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WHY DID YOU SPOIL IT!????? I'm kidding of course. Thank you.

Edited on by Fee

Fee

Nintendo Network ID: Savoir

-Juice-

Tsurii wrote:

@Fee: Uhh...I'm not sure what exactly you want to know but...

No, you didn't. In fact..everyone in NLA has artificial bodies/is a "robot". There's a little more to that though, keep playing if you have the game and want to know. I don't really feel comfortable saying any more because there's always that one idiot who clicks on spoilers just to complain about them

Or that one idiot like me who clicks because he has no self-control. XD

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

ACK

If you want to be a man, choose Mastermind.

Reasons:

-Real men only need a knife. Rambo proved this.
-Even so, nothing is manlier than a huge phallic gun.
-If you haven't gone from Enforcer->Mastermind you probably haven't grown the balls to say otherwise.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@ACK
Nah. Longsword + Dual Guns is OP. Mastermind is more of a support class, which I dislike playing as.
@Nintendokid16
If you sneak up behind the Grexes, you should be able to grab it.

Eat_Pie

ACK

@Eat_Pie: Having the longest sword is undeniably manly, but when you have a set of two weapons that both require two hands... How to you spark a cigar or chug a beer in the middle of a battlefield?

@Tsurii: Oh, get out with the lightsaber argument. Lightsabers, or henceforth known as Photon Sabers, are sexy. Men are not sexy. No self-respecting man would aspire to sexiness. No sir.

More seriously, I was hoping for this sort of opportunity to discuss the class builds. I knew someone would immediately bring up Photons and it seems that is a major reason you never see Masterminds or Raygun users. Most people who go Enforcer only see a right turn toward Galactic Knight, which is a very powerful class, but Mastermind should not be discounted. Another thing I see is a fixation on Brainjack that both works against Mastermind being taken seriously since it's more of a fun gimmick and ineffective against Tyrants.

I know it seems a support-class as Eat_Pie called it, yet that's selling it short. A significant strength of the class are some solid debuffs as well as a few buffs, sure. Yet the beauty of the class is how you can intertwine a few of these arts with ranged and melee combos to reliably set up some devastation while on the side keeping yourself and your team above water.

I actually didn't intend to go Mastermind, but when I immediately realized the Psycho Launcher/Photon combo is sorta lame I tried to save face, thinking I could match better guns with the underated knife arts. Though despite the initial goofiness if the Raygun I've grown to love it and really it seems knife is the perfect compliment a surpisingly powerful combo. One caveat is that despite some amazing and underrated skills (Secondary Accelerator, chiefly), the Mastermind skill set is narrow and ill-suited for many builds, particularly in terms of TP generation, which is crucial to my builds.

My kids are currently begging me to make dinner (time to order a pizza!), so hopefully I can get back on later to share some builds and better illustrate the benefits of Mastermind. Most of all it really shines at upping the damage/combo output of your entire team while staying in the action. It's easy to see the benefits of Dual Swords + Photon or Longsword, but what other classes/combos do you guys think are underrated or sorta ignored?

ACK

Twitter:

Darknyht

Finally got a Medium Level 50 Skell, but have found a new hobby. There is a spot north of FN509 (up high, honestly easier to reach via the furthest north FN point since it puts you up high) that has a nemesis that hands out Glaives (Katana Longswords) that I have been farming trying to get one I like.

Darknyht

jijifox

Can you change the gear of every skell (except the Ares ones) that you make in the AM terminal?

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Darknyht

@ELI-ASH: I am going to guess that you are early in the game. On the map on the gamepad, you will find the in the Administrative District but there is a quick travel spot within the headquarters itself on you go there.

Darknyht

ELI-ASH

@Darknyht: is it blade tower? im wondering if its just unaccessible to me at the moment or something.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic