Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 4,371

Eat_Pie

@DiscoGentleman
Go to the console in your Barracks. It's the one in the main room, not the social one. On there, press "Barracks Hangar" then register your skell.

As for the skells, it's up to you. The light skells are great for exploration, but don't hit very hard. Later on, they have tons of evasion, but the tradeoff is power. The medium frame skells are balanced. They have a good amount of health, evasion, and attack. If you want pure power, go Amdusias or heavy skell. They hit the hardest. They have a lot of fuel and HP too. They don't have much evasion, but you're not trying to be in extended battles.

Once you buy your skell, go to Sylvalum FN406 and farm for Phoenix/G-Buster weapons.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

paul6891

Once you buy your skell, go to Sylvalum FN406 and farm for Phoenix/G-Buster weapons.

[/quote]

Where in sylvalum is 406, I've planted a lot of probes, but can't seem to locate 406

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

@paul6891
It's north of Lake Ciel, then go west. If you hit Baldr Basin, it's around that area.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Luna_110

Hey guys, just got my skell license and I have only 3 levels more till I hit lvl.30. Any recommendations on which Skell frame I should buy? I prefer a melee style and my class build now is a mix between Duelist and Winged Viper.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Eat_Pie

@Luna_110
Go Amdusias for the power. They hit the hardest.
@Tsurii
Nice! Is that a custom skell? If so, is it the Zenith Cannon build, or is it a different superweapon?

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

@Tsurii
The megaweapon is the Mega-Flame B. I'm going to go Zenith Cannon and currently working on the Ether Blossom Dance build because I enjoy the power. I don't know how Skell Overdrive works, but I don't think I'll need it as tanking and going into long battles isn't the point of the Zenith Cannon build.

Eat_Pie

luisesteban

UckerzBadderz wrote:

Am I the only person who is stuck on Chapter 5? I can't take out one of the turrets as it is surrounded by ~Level 20 mobs and I am only Level 16. Pl0x halp!

That was pretty hard because of Elma, she dance too much and calls the attention for a lot of enemies. None as individuals are hard, but when they overwhelm you by number, the fight gets pretty tough.
If this is your case, remember to use the + menu or the hot keys commands to order your party. R + down on the dpad, tells them to stay in formation around you. So Elma wouldn't attracts an undesired guest.

luisesteban

Lycidas

been dipping my feet in some affinity missions, they greatly add to the game's story, which is really nice. special mention of professor B, which I found hilarious!

Now with three skells, I'm attacking enemies some 10+ levels above me, which feels nice, except when one of those flying leviathans gets unexpectedly into the fray. Never thought I'd still be running away that fast after having a skell. XD
On the other hand, I still haven't set foot on Sylvanum or Cauldos, and I'm about to start chapter 8 with some 60 hours already under my belt. Might as well accept that I'll beat Xenoblade/Wii's playtime of 170 hours. ^^'

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

UckerzBadderz

@Eat_Pie: the problem is that, when I get to the turret a level 20 mob always walks near me and kills me. I've tried positioning myself in many different ways but none of them seem to work... I'll give your tip about Elma a go, though.

Xavier (UckerzBadderz)

Nintendo Network ID: UckerzBadderz

Darknyht

Attempting to level everyone else up to at least level 30 right now, but it is a slow grind right now. Mostly because I don't remember where everyone is and large sections of NLA is now gold. I do know that I have reached the point where I need more cash, but I cannot seem to locate the resource probes in any quantity, so I am still stuck in Level 30 Skells. But with the addition of Super Mario Maker to the collection, my gameplay time has taken a hit so it will happen eventually.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Eat_Pie

@Darknyht
I wouldn't suggest levelling up your teammates until later. Since you have level 30 skells, kill things level 40 or above, and your teammates will gain lots of exp. Later on, you can do Joker grinding. I'd suggest focusing on your character, and by the time your character gets to level 60, the other party members will be around level 50 depending on your grinding methods.

Eat_Pie

Lycidas

Tsurii wrote:

@Lycidas: Trust me, you will still run away from stuff when you get the really powerful stuff towards the late endgame. You can beat all of the enemies eventually but that doesn't mean they can't kick your ass as well even if you're sitting inside the most ridiculously overpowered skell XD

yep, wich on the other hand is actually quite nice, because you don't really lose the sense of danger from this strange world.
Fought some giant crabs on Oblivia, and I can finish one of these level 50ish ones without problem, with a bit of work I can do two. But if a third one joins, I'm done. XD

Oh, and: Wow do you get a lot of cash from frontiernav! Where did you get all these Forschungssonden (forgot the english name for our fellows, sorry!), I only have a handful of them.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

briwipdx

does anyone have any good links about maximizing probe set up once youve surveyed everything?
thanks in advance

Edited on by briwipdx

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

Darknyht

@Eat_Pie: I am hovering around level 55 right now and my usual characters I use are 50-54. I am partially farming the B, C, and D team right now to build affinity so I can tackle their missions. As for the Skells, I have plenty of parts for a level 50 Skell but a lack of funds is limiting me. I only have 1 or 2 of most levels of the resource probes so I cannot get the link bonus. Seems like all I ever find from mechanical junk is more Mining probes.

@Tsurii I barely have enough probes to manage 40k a cycle. I am flush with mining probes, managing three large networks of lvl 1, 4, and 8 probes. I just cannot seem to locate the resource ones. So leveling my scrubs is a way to pass the time while I wait for cash to pile up and I search for more probes.

The issue I have run into is that I lack the Skells to tackle some of the mission battles. For example, I am supposed to take down two of the walking giants. While that would be a dicey battle for me, it is made impossible by the tyrant version of them that just happens to walk where they are located. Juggling the three of them is beyond what I can do in Level 30 Skells.

Darknyht

Eat_Pie

@Darknyht
Have you done Kirsty's quest, Tobias's quest, and opening every treasure you come across? If you do that, you should have enough to get a lot of money. Also, you should utilize your booster/duplicator/storage probes. When you kill an enemy, I suggest selling the gear because that will net you a lot of money. I'm not sure why you have so little. I had barely enough to buy a level 50 Amdusias when I hit level 50. If you're able to, complete mechanical level 5 so you can access more treasure.

Eat_Pie

Darknyht

@Eat_Pie: I have finished all of Kristy's quests and I believe Tobias's (although I will need to check on that one). My problem is that I actually played the game and didn't worry about the endgame for the most part. I was deep into the game when I realized the probe switching function was important (just didn't bother before), same with investing in companies (I still have two that need to reach level 5). Add in that I generally purchased equipment/gear up until around level 30ish for most characters when I needed new weapons and that pretty much drained the account by the time I realized I would need large piles of cash later.

I will get there eventually, as I said I am using the time to grind the affinity for the scrubs that never actually will be used otherwise. I never plan on actually using Murderess, H.B. or about 80% of the characters they give you seriously otherwise. I finished the main story with only using Lin, Elma, and either Irina or Gwin; and for most of the story it was the first three. The only exceptions was when I was forced to take someone else or reduce the party size. I left large portions of the game untouched (Mia is still out in the wilderness somewhere after I sent her off, for example), while fully pursuing others (The Nepon legendary weapon). There are also a ton of mindless fetch quests that I still need to do, so it isn't like I will be... well I will be bored, but because of bad mechanics behind the fetch quests more than the game itself.

(I believe currently I sit at 89 hours into the game and about ~40-50% of Mira surveyed. I am more sure of the second number over the first. I finished the main story somewhere around hour 58, but I also spend a few hours just swimming around early trying to sneak into areas I shouldn't have been in to score a probe. I also have spent way too much time hunting down enemies of my division to earn tickets that save me from boring fetch quests).

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Eat_Pie

@Darknyht
Why are you doing the fetch quests? They're not required. They're good for building affinity before post-game, but since you've completed the game, there are better options. Buying gear will do that to you. I suggest finding all the sightseeing spots as they allow you to gain even more money/resources. After you've done that, you can partially complete the data probe placement that's been floating around. You don't have to do the whole thing. With sightseeing spots + the setup, you'll generate more cash than you are now. You probably should have switched out, but grinding affinity isn't hard in post-game. There's a mission in the barracks that allows you to grind affinity. It's a little tedious, but it works. I also suggest dropping the characters after 3 hearts. I'm not sure if this has been confirmed to work everytime but apparently if you get a character to three hearts, then drop them and do their heart-to-hearts, you can get them up to 5 hearts.

Eat_Pie

paul6891

So I've found 406 and badr basin! The enemies there, do they only drop level 50 skell weapons?

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

luisesteban

AlternateButtons wrote:

the enemies around said turrets are level 50 and above.

UckerzBadderz wrote:

@Eat_Pie: the problem is that, when I get to the turret a level 20 mob always walks near me and kills me. I've tried positioning myself in many different ways but none of them seem to work... I'll give your tip about Elma a go, though.

The turrets aren't level 50, they are atmost level 20. Use the hot key R+ down in the dpad, to avoid Elma awaking other powerful enemies like pugilist. If you don't call the company to stay by your side, they will be spotted, or caught by a respawned puge.

luisesteban

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic