Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 4,371

Benjelo

Xenoblade is a really fun game. I already have somewhere around 60 hours on it and I'm still on chapter 10 lol. It's taking me a while to understand everything though. It doesnt seem like there are enough in game guides or something. I have barely even touched AMs because I have no idea how to use them. And the online squad missions are a little confusing too I am still really enjoying it but it's going to take me some time to fully understand it all.

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Lycidas

man, I'm really struggling to get Noctilum up to 20%, I can sense this will take me several hours. ^^'

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

erv

@Benjelo: haha I have the exact same feeling about the AMs - wouldn't have a clue how to use them, let alone benefit from them. Or what the deal is with the probes and the miranium.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Eat_Pie

erv wrote:

@Benjelo: haha I have the exact same feeling about the AMs - wouldn't have a clue how to use them, let alone benefit from them. Or what the deal is with the probes and the miranium.

If you level up your AMs to level 5, you get better gear. I believe you unlock some level 50 skells if you max out Sakuraba. Basically, you can buy better gear and you get better drops from enemies. Probes are for miranium and money. Miranium is crucial for skells. Probes provide a good fast travel location and give you a lot of resources.

@Lycidas
Find treasure, do some sidequests, defeat some tyrants. Those will raise your percentage a lot.

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

@Jazzer94
Amdusias. It's the hardest hitting one. The light ones are great for exploration, but if you plan on farming/grinding, they're not that great. The Amdusias + Phoenix and G-Buster will take out a lot of higher-level enemies.

Eat_Pie

Jazzer94

Went with heavy hitter to grind as Pie mentioned.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Benjelo

Oh okay. That clarifies what AMs are for and how to invest. But in the same terminal there are also options to engineer augments and such. How do I add an augment to a weapon or piece of armor? Is it really worth it to engineer and develop augments?

Benjelo

@Tsurii: aight, this is making a lot more sense. It kind of reminds me of how you can add abilities to your gear in splatoon. So if I understand this correctly, you can only add augments to gear with empty slots, and to get more empty slots you need to go to L. Lol I finally have a purpose to go to armor alley.

kkslider5552000

"Night 2

This place does seem quite similar to what I remember of Earth. The people seem the same, the language seems the same, the culture seems the same from what I can remember. But this is still such a bizarre and tense situation we’ve found ourselves in. Maybe it’s because of where I am but this entire section is filled with people who are focused on their work, other people’s work and little else. This might include the people I’m specifically working with, but it’s hard to say at this point.

This is not an insult towards any of these people. It’s apparent though we all need to do what we can considering our situation. It’s just all so bizarre to me though. Hopefully I get used to it. I have gotten plenty of useful information, to the point that it’s almost overwhelming! But it’s apparent I need to learn quickly in order to help these people any way I can. But I’ve decided I need a break from everyone and the constant tour of this crazy place and decided to jump up here.

…why are Elma and Lin running towards the wall?"

I'd like to see people try to figure out wtf that last line is even about.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Lycidas

@Eat_Pie @Tsurii : Thanks, I finally managed it with only exploring and setting probes, and it went faster than I feared. And since the story required me anyway to get up a good way of Noctilum, it went well. And finally I got my first Skell, feels really good! Now onto grinding, because no matter that I am a millionaire, I'm still only at level 27 and can't use the other skells. ^^

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Benjelo

@kkslider5552000: Is that line referring to how sometimes Elma and Lin try to follow you but they just kind of... run into walls.....

kkslider5552000

Benjelo wrote:

@kkslider5552000: Is that line referring to how sometimes Elma and Lin try to follow you but they just kind of... run into walls.....

Yes!

The fact that this is a video game and not an entirely scripted linear story will make these fun I think. I can't wait to try to justify the ability to teleport to random areas of the maps!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheXReturns

It's not warping. Your party trek miles to get to that spot. You just don't see the pain they go through...

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

jijifox

Yea, it's very powerfull, but the accurasy sometimes is very bad.

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Eat_Pie

I just bought a level 50 skell. Only one more chapter until I get my flight module. I'm not sure if I'll get there soon because I have a ton of normal missions to do.

@jijifox
The Ares 70 and Ares 90 are not customizable. You can add augments, but can't change their weapon. If you want to change weapons, you're going to have to make a level 60 custom skell.

Eat_Pie

JaxonH

@Eat_Pie @Jazzer94

I second that- Amdusias with G-Buster and Pheonix is a flying death machine. Heck, G-Buster and Pheonix should be an automatic for any skell in your arsenal. I've heard the G2 Buster and E-Scythe are just as good if not better than G Buster, but their damage is contingent on position and/or combos while G Buster is a sure thing every time, and guarantees a stagger which sets up for a bind. And personally, I like to equip at least one ranged art with AoE, like the Cracker series you can buy at Armory Alley.

I also make it a point to buy as many slots for my skells as possible, starting with the armor. Crafting SpecUp.HP-MAX XX is really easy, and adds 1,000 HP per augment. Slap 3 or 4 of those bad boys on your armor and 1 Spec.Up.APP-HP XX (boosts maximum HP for appendage it's equipped to by 1,000) on your body armor, and you'll be in good standing. I put the appendage HP augment on the body since that's the appendage Pheonix and G Buster are related to, and I try to keep them in commission at all times. At least, I think that's right anyways.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Shinion

So I got this game for Christmas as I hoped, and admittedly I've been busy with other games and stuff since but man, even speaking as someone who has played through Xenoblade Chronicles twice, this game is huuuuuuuuge. I've only just rescued Tatsu and got started on BLADE stuff, therefore I haven't seen anything past Primordia and NLA, I think I'll do well to have this game complete by March or April, and I don't know what I would've done without my knowledge from the original game as its so densely packed with information and features which it doesn't do the best job of explaining let's be honest. I think I'm keeping up well enough, and have been really enjoying it so far, even the polarising stuff like the soundtrack and the voice acting I'm finding to be great for me at least.

My only one true concern is that I got the physical version and haven't installed any of the data packs, I'm really low on hard drive space and money as I've upgraded my PS4's and Xbox One's which took priority so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's worth making room for them? I've noticed that the pop-in without them is very bad and annoying, and loading times are noticeable (but nothing like Bloodborne and The Witcher 3's which took more than 1 minute on PS4 before patches). Though to be honest there aren't many loading screens in this game so yay on that (hint I rarely die ). Apart from that I don't see any other issues, I have The Wonderful 101 installed digitally which I'm willing to delete but that's only 8GB wheras all the packs take up 10GB and I have little else that I'm willing to delete so which are the data packs that I should download as a priority? Thanks in advance for any tips

Shinion

Eat_Pie

@TheLastLugia
Download the basic pack first. It speeds up loading time. Everything else is extra. I went in without data packs because I have the 8 GB model and didn't have any room, and I don't mind the load times or the pop-in at all.

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic