Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 4,371

Shinion

Got the game for Christmas and I've been very pleased with what I've played so far. Characters are immediately likeable and I can't wait to explore the world properly. Also glad to see that my hundreds of hours spent on the Bionis and the Mechonis is a valuable asset here, been enjoying the combat with the few new mechanics that make it more challenging and in-depth, and I've still not died post chapter 2. The presentation is as great as I expected, the soundtrack, graphics and art direction are all pluses for the game. Though the most striking improvements this game has on the original, at least for me, are the improvements in traversing the world, thanks mainly to having the ability to run and jump like The Incredible Hulk. Been loving doing that and I think it'll be hard to go back to the original's slow sluggish movement, and this is all dozens of hours before I get my Skell

Shinion

Darknyht

@shani: Non-Player characters will always succeed on their QTE to save the Skell. So it is inconsistent only in that it punishes the player for being bad at the QTE.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

TuVictus

Been a couple days since I've played since I'm still waiting for the pain in my eyes to go away. Despite the game essentially destroying my eyeballs, I want to keep playing it. I've been on a sidequest kick that I'm upset I haven't been able to continue. Especially now that I'm finally getting peoples' affinity and levels up

TuVictus

shani

@DiscoGentleman: Ah ok, then I have definitely seen you at some point in the game. Since I can't see you or @TheXReturns: anymore, I guess it is because of the lvl difference. And thanks for the tip with the name display!
@Darknyht: Well, if you look at it that way (the NPCs also doing a QTE but never missing it), it's not inconsistent. But you don't see them doing the QTE sequence, do you? That's what I meant. From the player's perspective, it's inconsistent that the player can lose his skell but the NPCs can't.
@TheLastLugia: Welcome to Mira! I didn't realize this at first (until a friend told me) but the long jumps are actually only possible because of the lower gravity on Mira (although I wonder why the smaller indigens can't do it too).
@Tsurii: Yeah that's what I thought. But you actually can scout players with higher lvls at the Scout console, it just costs you money. But I can't scout my friends's avatars there, that's a real pity. And there even would've been a simple solution to the problem. Similar to the way your lvl is reduced when you start a squad mission with a lvl cap, your avatar's lvl could also be reduced when someone with a lower lvl uses him/her in their party.
And btw, feel free to add me, not many German compatriots here anyway.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TuVictus

shani wrote:

Welcome to Mira! I didn't realize this at first (until a friend told me) but the long jumps are actually only possible because of the lower gravity on Mira (although I wonder why the smaller indigens can't do it too).

Yeah that's what I figured, lower gravity than Earth. I imagine the indigens are unable to jump high because that's the gravity they are accustomed to, unlike the Earthlings

TuVictus

shani

Tsurii wrote:

(the guy who thought 63 symbols would be enough for a decent invite should get lynched. I rarely complain about Miiverse, but dang..that's pretty obnoxious lol)

I rarely had problems with that, since I always just write "shani from Nintendolife". But I hate the fact that in-game posts are limited to 100 characters.

Tsurii wrote:

There's another explanation for that...you'll see

Yeah? I guess you don't mean what chapter 5 reveals (didn't want to spell it out to prevent spoilering anyone), right?

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Jazzer94

So finished ch5 earlier today, was seriously awesome hoping to get ch6 requirements done tomorrow.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LaserdiscGal

I honestly had no expectations for this game, and I only bought it after a few people here said it was good.

Honestly this is going in my top 3 of RPG's of all time along with KOTOR and FF12.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shani

DiscoGentleman wrote:

IKR?! There was so much stuff that the logic part of my brain was like, "Why is [this]?" or "How is [that] possible?" and I had to tell myself, "Naw. Video game fantasy logic, brah!" But then they go ahead and answer or hint to all the things I've been wondering.

Tsurii wrote:

Yah, that's what I'm talking about. Also explains why (most of) the indigens and xenos can't do it. That chapter adressed a lot of stuff like that, tho. Really like how much stuff in general is explained/justified ingame.

Lol, I didn't even thought about that (the jumping etc) when I had played chapter 5. ^^ Yeah I also love how the game justifies almost everything, it is very meta in that way. One NPC, I think it was a Manon, even tried to explain a game mechanic to me and he stressed how many people misinterpret that mechanic and how it is to be understood properly.
I even like to think that [what we learned in chapter 5] is also meant metaphorically as the connection between the player and his character.

I was hoping that this game would be great but I was doubtful if it was for me, because I'm not really an RPG-player, definitely never played a JRPG before, and I thought the fighting system would annoy me because I like to swing my weapon manually. Turns out I was wrong, this came exceeded my expectations by a long shot!

Edited on by shani

crimsontadpoles

Yay, I finally did Alexa's first affinity mission which was causing me a lot of grief a few days ago. I didn't want to accept the prompt to lower the mission difficulty, so I instead got the best equipment while levelling arts and skills. Also, there was lots and lots of grinding and doing the battle enough times until I got lucky.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

shani

@crimsontadpoles: Yeah I did that one just yesterday. At first I battled them with my lvl28 character and Murderess, Doug and Irina which were all highly underlvled (something like lvl 21,18 and 16) since I had been playing exclusively with Elma, Lin and Lao before (that's the reason I changed my party, to lvl them up). I underestimated the mission, tried twice and an stood no chance (and lost my skell).
So out of anger I reloaded my savegame and changed back to my strongest crew (Elma and Lin lvl28, Lao lvl25). On the way to the mission I did a few fights so that we all would rise one lvl. The first time I didn't give it my best shot because I thought "This will be easy now!" and we managed to defeat Alex's skell, but there was one sniper left and he killed me before I could kill him lol. So i tried again, this time I coordinated the fight better with my party and we won albeit still very close.
By then I was really determined to beat that damn fascist.

Edited on by shani

kkslider5552000

Ok I will say, I actually got some corrupted footage last week so I literally only played like 20 minutes recently. Most of which was either just traveling to a destination I eventually decided to not go to and going to places I was at to make up for corrupted footage. Also I got killed in one hit by an enemy I didn't see.

I AM TEH BEST XENOBLADE PLAYER!11!!!!11!

btw: that one quest that required the like Titanium 2 knives or whatever against those insects is pretty silly. Level 10 knives for level 3 enemies. It clearly exists specifically to force you to have a battle where you're overpowered.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Man, Chaoter 8 was beyond epic! And I thought Chapter 5 was good... until now! There was more cut scene in Chapter 8 than the entire game combined up to that point.

I've since beaten chapters 9 and 10 (Zu Pharg Menace, seriously such a tough fight), gotten my fight module and finished planting the last probes, aside from the Mechanical Level 5 sites.

I'm level 45, and just finished all requirements to start Chapter 11. Need to gain 5 levels quick though...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eat_Pie

53 hours in and I just got my Skell! I gave the free one to Elma and bought myself a level 30 one(the cheapest one). I'm really enjoying it so far, and a lot of enemies that I had difficulty with became a lot easier.

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns

@Eat_Pie You may want to consider investing in a heavy skell (the one beginning with A is probably better) (Amudais?) And then slightly later on, farming for a prime or intergalactic "Phoenix Battle Wings" From puges in Sylvalum (There's an excellent spot in the lower right). The added fuel and defense of the Heavy Skells means that it can quite literally one/two shot most groups of enemies in the game with Phoenix Battle Wings, with little overall fuel loss. I didn't really get the hype around Phoenix, until I was struggling with something in Chapter 12, and I went out, farmed some mooks, getting a prime Phoenix somewhere along the way, and then 'equipped strongest gear' to my skells. It one-shotted what I had been struggling with for ages. (I had no skell at that point first time around, and it's very difficult, as you will probably come across).

Pre post-game, the Lahliah's probably the most balanced, the two light-weights are only really useful as an exploration skell (little fuel loss), and the Amudais(?) is the better heavy skell. The Mastema's tankier, but also far lwess manueverable, resulting in many fights you probably don't want.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns wrote:

@Eat_Pie You may want to consider investing in a heavy skell (the one beginning with A is probably better) (Amudais?) And then slightly later on, farming for a prime or intergalactic "Phoenix Battle Wings" From puges in Sylvalum (There's an excellent spot in the lower right). The added fuel and defense of the Heavy Skells means that it can quite literally one/two shot most groups of enemies in the game with Phoenix Battle Wings, with little overall fuel loss. I didn't really get the hype around Phoenix, until I was struggling with something in Chapter 12, and I went out, farmed some mooks, getting a prime Phoenix somewhere along the way, and then 'equipped strongest gear' to my skells. It one-shotted what I had been struggling with for ages. (I had no skell at that point first time around, and it's very difficult, as you will probably come across).

Pre post-game, the Lahliah's probably the most balanced, the two light-weights are only really useful as an exploration skell (little fuel loss), and the Amudais(?) is the better heavy skell. The Mastema's tankier, but also far lwess manueverable, resulting in many fights you probably don't want.

Alright, thanks! The Skell you're talking about is the Amdusias. I plan on buying that because my current one isn't doing that much damage(although it's still pretty powerful), and I have more than enough money to buy it. I've heard a lot of good things about the Phoenix/G Buster, so I plan on farming for them later on.

Eat_Pie

Shirma_Akayaku

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

So I've gone from level 40 to 43 within 20 minutes at FN site 508 in Cauldros. I got everyone level 30 skells, me, lin, elma and hope to be exact. All I'm doing is grinding the crabs in that location and its an easy 400+base exp every win and there are 6 of them everytime you respawn. Level 50 skell here we come very soon! Untitled

Oh man! This is great info! I'm going to get my level 50 skell now that I read this! (I'm currently at level 48 at the time of reading this).

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

TuVictus

There are level 54 crabs somewhere in Cauldros that put me to level 50 pretty easily. There's this one attack on my skell that just completely murders everything. Can''t remember the name, but you attack from behind with a scythe. It's amazing, I totally recommend it.

TuVictus

Shirma_Akayaku

Operative wrote:

There are level 54 crabs somewhere in Cauldros that put me to level 50 pretty easily. There's this one attack on my skell that just completely murders everything. Can''t remember the name, but you attack from behind with a scythe. It's amazing, I totally recommend it.

I know exactly where those are. I've seen them before, so I'll go try them out too.

EDIT: I've tried one out and it gave me a base exp of 569. Seems better than the ones in the 508 FN site. Thanks for the info @Operative .

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic