Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 4,371

TheXReturns

@Shani Just moving the conversation over here.

I've done 88%, 89%, 84%, 82% and 68% of the Collectipedia.

In terms of progress, I've done about 40% everywhere barring the Barracks (about 60%), and Cauldros, (about 10%) (There's a line of probes straight through the middle of Cauldros. XD I have the Mechanical 5, so I'm working through all the probes now.)

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

shani

@TheXReturns: Yeah that makes sense to move it here. I already fealt guilty for discussing XCX in the wrong thread. ^^
Wow, so you already have completed most of the first four continents. Don't spoiler me ^^ but I was always wondering how to get higher completion rates for them since - apart from a few missing probes, missions etc - it always looked like the map was almost fully explored.
I also wondered how to reach mechanical lvl5, but now I googled it and closed the page immediately because it says I'll get riddle missions without instructions, I don't want to get instruction and spoil the fun of searching. Although I have mechanical 4 and don't know have a clue where I can find that mission.

Actually I have been avoiding XCX a bit lately, since it's so time-consuming and makes me stay up longer than I should. ^^ I just can't play this game for 1-2 hours, I always end up playing longer sessions between 4-5 or sometimes even 7-8 hours. Just recently I did several affinity missions and every time I said to myself "just this one mission and then I'll guit, it will be over soon".

BTW: I love how the thread title in the URL says "x_aka_monolith_soft_now_owns_your_soul_deal_with_it"

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Shani The mission is on Elenora's board. It's ridiculous. I did most of it by complete accident. One part has you chasing a monster that only appears for a few hours in a specific part of the map.

With the Map, you have to gold rank every segment of the map for 100% completion. The icon on it shows what you have to do to Gold Rank it. You may have to collect a piece of treasure (the one that looks like glitter), fight a tyrant (the monster icon), do an affinity mission (the shaking hands), or a normal mission (the one that looks like a mission briefing).

I've completed the whole game, so no spoilers, but, boom, is the story awesome! (but short unfortunately...)

shani

@TheXReturns: Yeah I found a lot of treasures and did some affinity and normal missions, but of course not all that are shown on the map. It just looked so crowded. ^^ Maybe I should do some more Tyrants now, haven't done that for a long time.

Interesting, I also had a mission where I had to fight a monster that doesn't appear all the time. I think it was for something else, but I'm not sure - I will check that out.
Yeah, the story is really great. The thing with the Lifehold (I'm not sure which story mission it was) caught me by surprise, but since I play more side missions, the story missions feel somewhat disconnected to the overall experience.
There was one story mission where Lao was missing and it was strange because I was playing with Lao the whole time and just threw him out of my Party to start that story mission. So when everyone was saying the hadn't seen Lao for some time, I always thought to myself "Man, I'm telling you, he was with me the whole time!".

Anyway, were you able to defeat a global nemesis yet? I tried a few times, twice with a lvl60 player and twice with DaGreen. It seems to me as if you can't take them on with so few players, 4 or maybe at least 3 seem to be necessary. And it probably would help if I leveled-up more to get a better skell.

And did you only complete the story missions or all of them? How much time did it take you?

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Shani 38 hours, Lot of Affinity missions alongside the main story. All of Alexa's, and most of the recruiting characters affinity missions. I still only dislike H.B. I even don't mind Murderess.

I have 82 kills on Yggralith Zero. I have no idea how. XD I don't even have an Ares90 yet.

Tyrants become much easier the second you have better skells. I have 4 level 30s, and I'm able to beat level 60 Tyrants with some difficulty. It's nearly easier to get out and fight on foot. XD

JaxonH

Well I just beat Story Mission 7. I'm Level 37, and have 3 skells (one for me, Elma and Lin).

I'm trying to chart Sylvalum and work my way to Oblivia but am finding that Sylvalum is a VERY dangerous place. I've lost my skell at least 5 times today, mostly from Lv. 55 indigins that surprise attack and one shot me.

Anyone else charting Sylvalum atm?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jazzer94

Curious what level people were during story mission 5?

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TheXReturns

@Jazzer94 16, I think, if it's the first of Noctilum, for the majority of it. Why?

@JaxonH I am, but I'm postgame. Keep in your skell, and keep moving. I'd suggest surveying Oblivia first though. Either that, or try my method from a few pages ago. You're at just the right level for it, I think. (Don't forget to save before, in case it goes badly, so you can reset.)

shani

@TheXReturns: Lol, okay I have to get to lvl30 soon, I'm at 28 right now.
WHAT, you finished the game after only 38 hours?! I already played 50 hours (and Dagreen roughly 100 and he also hasn't finished the main story yet)! It's funny how differently one can play this game.

@Dezzy: Yeah that was a nice one although to be fair, it was pretty predictable from the beginning.

@VelvetElvis: Yeah sometimes the affinity missions leave you stuck, early on I had one where I had to beat enemies with way too high lvls (and I believe they had skells or were large), even if my team gave their best effort I still couldn't beat them. Back then I got really angry with the game because it wouldn't let me cancel the affinity mission (and I already had saves) and so I couldn't progress.
I became cautious regarding accepting affinity missions because of that. Of course, by now that has changed, I got more experience, a skell and I found out that you can buy collectibles at the BLADE console.
After doing more missions, I kinda understand why they made it so that affinity and story missions block each other, because otherwise their contents could be interfering/contradicting with each other. It's a really messy way to cover that up and Monolith could've really done a better job in coordinating the missions. Or at least give you the option to cancel an affinity mission whenever you want.

@Operative: Yeah this games really makes you play too long. ^^ On what display are you playing it? A friend of mine - who also got glasses - got this "trick" (that' what he call's it), he just pulls the TV in front of him to see the fonts better. It was really hard to read the text from 2-3 metres distance there. I didn't experience such issues when I was playing on my projector and now that its lamp is out, I play on my 22" monitor without any reading problems (I am shortsighted and use lenses), but that's just because you usually sit right in front of the monitor.
What I'm saying is: Your eyesight might not be the problem but the tiny fonts in combination with the distance between the display and your eyes. Pull the display right in front of you, I think there is no other solution for this problem.

Edited on by shani

Eat_Pie

@Jazzer94
I was level 22.
@JaxonH
Yep. Sylvalum and Cauldros are definitely the two hardest continents. I haven't explored much of it(only ~10%), but the beginning was easy with monsters around my level but I kept dying as I got further in to plant probes and do sidequests.

Eat_Pie

shani

@JaxonH: If you have lost that many skells, you probably know this already, but in case you don't: You can get an additional salvage-your-skell ticket as a division reward from the BLADE console. If you're a pathfinder though, you have to change your division (doesn't matter which one you're in anyway), because apparently Pathfinders always have less division points than the others. I chose Prospectors to have access to all the rewards.
If you already knew all of this, I hope at least someone else will find this info useful.

So far I've only lost my Skell once and in a really ridiculous way. There was a huge valley with an island down there in the middle. I thought I could reach it by jumping with my skell. Turns out it was too far away and I fell into the abyss and my skell died.

@Jazzer94: Lol i just went to IGN to look up what story missions 5 was and I found out that IGN's walkthrough so far has only the first two story chapters. ^^ I'm not sure, but I think I was somewhere around lvl20 when I did that mission.

Jazzer94

Mainly curious as at lvl 21I feel a tiny bit under level, my one annoyance with this game is how areas fluctuate in terms of enemy lvls.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Eat_Pie

Jazzer94 wrote:

Mainly curious as at lvl 21I feel a tiny bit under level, my one annoyance with this game is how areas fluctuate in terms of enemy lvls.

I died a lot during Chapter 5, but the key is to sneak around. Stick to the walls because they have places you can jump around on. The actual enemy(turrets) are only level 16.

Eat_Pie

shani

@Jazzer94: I would say that's actually not a bug but a feature. Apart from the area where you start the game, you can find all kinds of enemy lvls everywhere and that's more "realistic". I hate it how other games more or less divide the world into different enemy lvls, because that means you probably won't revisit the weaker areas later in the game, those areas become useless effectively.
But in my opinion, for a true open world experience the world shouldn't be divided like that, you should encounter all kinds of enemy lvls everywhere. This also keeps things interesting as you never know whether there will be big one (size does actually matter and has even more meaning than the lvl of the enemy) around the corner, so you become more careful in general, not just in specific areas. That's also more "realistic" and "open world" in my book.

I think lvl21 is just fine for that mission.
If you encounter enemies with higher lvls, just sneak past them (usually you can jump over the rocks at the edge of the area - if they only react to sound and there's little room between you, just walk slowly, although that doesn't work everywhere, I think distance is more important) or run through their territory. Eventually they will stop following you, but of course sometimes they get you and you die instantly.

Edited on by shani

Dezzy

Jazzer94 wrote:

It's an open world. If they didn't do that, whole areas of the map would be useless at any given point.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shani

@Jazzer94: Yeah bug is probably the wrong term anyway. I just wanted to use that old saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature". But it seemed like you saw it as something that should be fixed.
I was actually annoyed by this a lot, when I was on a gathering mission or just generally tired and didn't want to fight. But I actually like the lvl fluctuation.

EDIT: What @Eat_Pie: and @Dezzy: said.

Edited on by shani

briwipdx

so do yu HAVE to join a squad each time y0u boot up the game?
still unclear on squads

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic