Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 4,371

TuVictus

The MC is the only character I don't use fashion gear on (except the pants), I love how alot of the armor looks pretty epic. For Elma, I put her in a camo jacket for more of a tomboyish look, since that's what her personality struck me as. And Lin is in a school uniform because she's 13 and belongs in class. L is in his regular clothes since him in armor looks really weird. And Doug is in his swimsuit "top" and swimming trunks

TuVictus

Dezzy

Lol belongs in class. I don't think they had the foresight to actually include a school in NLA. Yet beverly hills style houses and a church somehow were crucial.
It was like they asked Apple to design the city or something.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy wrote:

Harmonia wrote:

Switching out characters is annoying though and the fact that inactive characters dont gain experience left most of them around 15 lvl below my own (and I'm too lazy to lvl them and too cheap to buy all of them gear).

That IS annoying. It inadvertently pushes you away from trying different characters and incentivizes just sticking with 1.

I tried to get Irina up to the standard of Elmo and Lin and it took ages. And for some reason, even when she was just a few levels behind them, she was still crap. Maybe she's just a crap character or something.

Irina is a weak character. Her class is a support class and generally doesn't work unless the MC is the one using it. @Harmonia: You also don't need to buy gear for your characters, just yourself. You should probably switch them out so you don't have to grind affinity later on.

@Operative
I have fashion gear because my normal armor looks weird by itself. However, when I start getting better armor, I'll unequip the fashion gear.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Eat_Pie wrote:

Irina is a weak character. Her class is a support class and generally doesn't work unless the MC is the one using it.

Who's NOT a weak character then? I haven't used that many people. I remember Doug being OK but haven't paid attention much really.
I only really noticed with Irina because she kept dying. She died within 5 seconds of that fight with the cat mercenaries.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy wrote:

Eat_Pie wrote:

Irina is a weak character. Her class is a support class and generally doesn't work unless the MC is the one using it.

Who's NOT a weak character then? I haven't used that many people. I remember Doug being OK but haven't paid attention much really.
I only really noticed with Irina because she kept dying. She died within 5 seconds of that fight with the cat mercenaries.

Lin, L, anyone that doesn't have weak defenses. Like Tsurii said, it also depends on gear/level.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Tsurii wrote:

I think that depends on how much good stuff you're "willing" to put on your party members. Like..I have Mia in Ultra gear (the orphean tech stuff I think) and pretty decent lvl 60 weapons for her and she kicks ass. Nowhere near as much as I or a scout would do, but she rarely dies and if she does, it's because I aggro'd too much stuff during one of my overdrive massacres

Is Mia the hilarious girl I found in a tree in Noctilum? She started humming and then explained she was composing her own theme song.
More games need the odd mad person.

Edited on by Dezzy

Eat_Pie

Isn't she also the girl that said she didn't have enough middle fingers to respond to her higher-ups.(I'm paraphrasing)

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

renaryuugufan92

I'm currently doing the tedious quest to get material for the ares 90. I think one could easily clock 200 hours into the game from the initial 70 to 90 (depending on pass and level grinding methods) to beat the game and acquire said skell after the game is over.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Eat_Pie

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

I'm currently doing the tedious quest to get material for the ares 90. I think one could easily clock 200 hours into the game from the initial 70 to 90 (depending on pass and level grinding methods) to beat the game and acquire said skell after the game is over.

Yep. It would take more time if you were to go for the custom skell too. Some people want to 100%, which could probably put you around 250 hours. To get the skell, I'd suggest buying some items with reward tickets and farming the rest. It's a lot faster, and I've heard of people managing to acquire the A 90 in a couple of hours.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns

Main Story vanquished. The third section had me stumped for ages, until I discovered an intergalactic level weapon in my inventory called Phoenix Battle Wings. I have them in level 30 and 50 varients for some reason. I think I won them in treasure deals somewhere. Now onto getting the Ares.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Gerald

Hello everyone. Has anyone completed "The Repair Job" Afinity Mission? I am currently looking for an "energy tube" from puges in Primordial. I have 1 of 2, and have no idea where to find it. This is now stopping me progress. Thank you in advance to anyone who can drop a hint.

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

TheXReturns

Go to the blade console in the barracks, and see if you can buy one, they should be pretty cheap.

Else beat up the Puges in the Prone base from earlier. (Where Nelson's team were taken)

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Dezzy

There was a really great mission I just did where you have to help a woman chart a mountain. She starts off as really racist or speciesist against the Man'on but then becomes friends with a Man'on woman along the way. Really great little story.

VelvetElvis

Cleaning up some quests as I keep on trucking slowly through the game, and the "Handy Man-on" mission has me stumped. I'm supposed to collect windshield glass from the East Gate Plains in Primordia. I spent an hour last night spawning and re-spawning in the East Gate Plains area collecting all manner of the blue crystal collectibles, but no dice. Is windshield glass not this type of collectible (is it a red item, maybe)? Can't find a lick of info about this quest online, either — any tips?

EDIT: It hath been figured.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

TuVictus

So I played way too long. The tiny font has made my eyes feel extremely strained for the past 4 hours now, and I haven't touched the game. I legitimately might need glasses after I finish

TuVictus

jijifox

Does the drop sensor effect work even if you're battling with a skell?

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Gelantious

VelvetElvis wrote:

Cleaning up some quests as I keep on trucking slowly through the game, and the "Handy Man-on" mission has me stumped. I'm supposed to collect windshield glass from the East Gate Plains in Primordia. I spent an hour last night spawning and re-spawning in the East Gate Plains area collecting all manner of the blue crystal collectibles, but no dice. Is windshield glass not this type of collectible (is it a red item, maybe)? Can't find a lick of info about this quest online, either — any tips?

It's one of those yellow salvage things, like mechanical, bio etc. You should get a quest marker to its location. It's a special one.
(If I remember the quest correctly...)

Gelantious

VelvetElvis

@Gelantious: Yep, thanks much — I just figured that out last night and swung by to edit my post. I think maybe you have to get the honey oil first, and then the marker shows up for you, because I figured I'd get that last (since it was easy) and the marker wasn't showing up. But it showed right up when I got the honey oil.

Oh, Xenoblade, I just can't stay mad at you.

VelvetElvis

Eat_Pie

VelvetElvis wrote:

@Gelantious: Yep, thanks much — I just figured that out last night and swung by to edit my post. I think maybe you have to get the honey oil first, and then the marker shows up for you, because I figured I'd get that last (since it was easy) and the marker wasn't showing up. But it showed right up when I got the honey oil.

Oh, Xenoblade, I just can't stay mad at you.

I don't think so. When I did that quest, I had an arrow pointing me to the winshield item. It was part of a treasure.

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic