Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 4,371

TheXReturns

@Eat_Pie Wait till you get further. Chapter 6 will make you wish Lin had eaten Tatsu long ago. Chapter 8 will make your Wii U cry with processing, and Chapter 10's boss will make you cry... It's ridiculously hard if you don't do certain things.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Eat_Pie

@TheXReturns
I'd be fine if there was a quest that let you eat Tatsu in post-game. If you don't want to spend money on a level 50 skell, you should probably wait for post-game and get an Ares 90. Then work towards a custom level 60 skell. I'll keep in mind what you said about the later bosses.

Eat_Pie

TuVictus

@TheXReturns: Ugh that Chapter 10 boss was difficult, and I was like 7 levels above it. Really requires everyone in your team to have decent skells

TuVictus

TheXReturns

@Eat_Pie Today I saw someone use overdrive to beat Yggralith Zero, something I have difficulty beating with a Skell, not once, but 40 times. it was absolutely insane. I let the side down by dying three times though. I was only level 43 this morning. I'm now up to 51. (Still using my method of Zig killing). I favourited them, and if they're on again, I'm definitely inviting them back to kill some Yggralith Zeroes.

I've also seen the Ares90 in action, and as I'm not that far off finishing, I'll save up to buy one. I'm ditching Elma and Lin as soon as I can. Well, Elma certainly. Lin seems to do ok. Boss battles generally seem to end up with Elma as the one dead, with Alexa and me in Skells, and Lin having broken hers, and tanking it on foot. I guess I've just not built Elma's skills and arts right.

But the more Level 30 Skells you have, the easier Chapter 10's fight is. It's weird. You can go in there with 3 and lose badly, and then retry with four, and scrape a win. It's all about the dishes. As soon as I'd worked out what they were there for, it was a piece of cake.

@Operative I was 7 levels below it. Managed to last long enough on foot for Alexa's Skell (the last Skell) to take it down. It was also when I learnt to respect Lin, whose Skell broke, yet she managed to last till the end of the battle too. Elma virtually died the moment her skell broke.

I also have a really weird Skell naming system. I literally name them with the first word that comes into my head. I have: Arrow, Beta, Sumo, Pacifier and Alexandria as the names so far. Anyone got a naming system that actually makes sense? XD

Edited on by TheXReturns

Eat_Pie

@TheXReturns
If you have a good build with augments, armor, and maxed out arts and skills, you can get pretty far. Even if you don't have maxed out far, you can still do decent as long as you have a good build. Overdrive is pretty much the only way you can beat him a lot. There's a video on YouTube of someone beating Yggalith Zero over 500 times. That was post-game though. The Ares 90 looks really nice, and I'll definitely be saving up for that. However, that won't be my last skell because I'll work on making a custom skell which is more powerful than the A90. I'll probably keep an A90 and give one to my teammates.

Lin is a tank, so it makes sense for her to survive longer than Elma. Elman is more of an evasion/fast attacker and isn't really that strong on defense. I'll keep your advice in mind when I get to Chapter 10. Thanks!

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

Lol the little girl is a tank. Realism!

Can you recruit Vandham at any point? If not, why not?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy wrote:

Lol the little girl is a tank. Realism!

Can you recruit Vandham at any point? If not, why not?

No, but you can recruit Nagi.

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns

Because else Tatsu would annoy Vandham into oblivion. XD

And Lin IS the Reyn equivalent of this game.

Edited on by TheXReturns

Joeynator3000

Still wished Tatsu was playable. TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TheXReturns

I still wish Tatsu was eatable. He's the cause of a lot of the trouble. Where Riki may have been bland, with little incentive compared to the others, Tatsu gets on my nerves. But not as much as H.B...

I've been haunting this board for too long. Time to sleep to prepare for the final blitz on the game tomorrow. I want to finish the main story by Christmas, to then get all the unlockable characters. And hopefully to hate H.B less.

Edited on by TheXReturns

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns wrote:

I still wish Tatsu was eatable. He's the cause of a lot of the trouble. Where Riki may have been bland, with little incentive compared to the others, Tatsu gets on my nerves. But not as much as H.B...

I've been haunting this board for too long. Time to sleep to prepare for the final blitz on the game tomorrow. I want to finish the main story by Christmas, to then get all the unlockable characters. And hopefully to hate H.B less.

H.B. can never stop excelling. I will admit, H.B. does come off as arrogant, but his quotes make him somewhat bearable.

@Megumi
What would you do as him? He never fights.

Eat_Pie

Joeynator3000

Eat_Pie wrote:

TheXReturns wrote:

H.B. can never stop excelling. I will admit, H.B. does come off as arrogant, but his quotes make him somewhat bearable.

@Megumi
What would you do as him? He never fights.

The devs would give him attacks...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TheXReturns

No, there'd be a minigame where you have to run away to avoid being eaten. XD

@Tsurii I respect Lin as a fairly competetant tank. I think you either have to like Lin more and dislike Tatsu, or like Tatsu more and dislike Lin. I fall into the former. H.B irritates me for being the person I least want to be. I'll agree that Mia seems ok. I remember doing one of my first fetch missions for her early-game. I assume she becomes playable later, then.

Edited on by TheXReturns

TuVictus

Ugh, building affinity is so tedious. I really hate that those missions require certain characters to "like" you a certain amount. Especially with some of these really obscure characters. I'm starting to wonder if I should just rush to the end of the game and just stop, cuz I don't have the patience to build up every single character

TuVictus

Eat_Pie

Operative wrote:

Ugh, building affinity is so tedious. I really hate that those missions require certain characters to "like" you a certain amount. Especially with some of these really obscure characters. I'm starting to wonder if I should just rush to the end of the game and just stop, cuz I don't have the patience to build up every single character

There's a quest during the post game that builds up affinity quickly. You can do the ones you want/need now then save the rest for later.

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns

Up to Chapter 11, the only characters I remember you NEEDING Affinity with are Elma, Lin, Lao and Gwin. You may also need a sliver of affinity with Doug, I can't remember whether I did that as an extra.

andreoni79

After the "Cupid" affinity mission (s**t talking with A, move, s**t talking with B, move, s**t talking with C, move...) I decided to rush through the main story missions. After that, I'll solo the rest of the game. I'd love to kick some of my "companions" off the cliffs as in Dragon's Dogma...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Harmonia

Compared to the first Xenoblade building affinity was rather fast and easy. Switching out characters is annoying though and the fact that inactive characters dont gain experience left most of them around 15 lvl below my own (and I'm too lazy to lvl them and too cheap to buy all of them gear). Well, soloing most stuff has been fun and now that I'm basically done with affinity (only one char at 4 hearts and I can't do anything about it) I can start building a decent team.
I'm ok with most chars, some i like more than others, except Bozé. He's just horrible.

Can't wait to finally finish the main story after christmas (1 chapter to go!)

Harmonia

Dezzy

Harmonia wrote:

Switching out characters is annoying though and the fact that inactive characters dont gain experience left most of them around 15 lvl below my own (and I'm too lazy to lvl them and too cheap to buy all of them gear).

That IS annoying. It inadvertently pushes you away from trying different characters and incentivizes just sticking with 1.

I tried to get Irina up to the standard of Elmo and Lin and it took ages. And for some reason, even when she was just a few levels behind them, she was still crap. Maybe she's just a crap character or something.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic