Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 4,371

Eat_Pie

Dezzy wrote:

Eat_Pie wrote:

@Tops
There's a way to check it in game. Go to the monsterpedia(I forgot what it was called) and view the numbers for Volkampf(the first tyrant you battle). The number of people killed is how many people have the game.

Not necessarily. Quite a few people will have bought ready for christmas!

Yep, that's true. It gives a good estimate though.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy

It'll give a much better estimate after Christmas!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

edhe

I've played about 40 hours so far, and all that stands between me and my damn Skell is three squashes from Oblivia. I've searched for hours, and in the process, laid down as many probes as I can without getting ambushed by level 55 monsters. I haven't even been able to register one in my collectapedia. Can anyone enlighten me on where I might find some?

Also, in exploring Oblivia, I've worked out how the map works, and how to improve a continent's survey rating - If I'm correct, each hex shows whether there is a mission, wreck or tyrant present. When you receive some intel by walking about NLA, they are "activated", and you can click on them to mark them as ongoing (otherwise, they are labelled "NEW"). When you eventually fulfill the recon, the icon is replaced with a golden shield icon, and that, along with dropping probes contributes to your survey rate of any given continent.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

GrizzlyArctos

@edhe: If I remember right there's a Nopon caravan near a data probe in the north-east of Oblivia, around the lake area. I just swept the area around there and quick traveled back to the probe to get the squashes.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

edhe

@GrizzlyArctos:

North East Oblivia remains unchartered at the moment - I think I have to travel down a narrow pass that is blocked by several high level monsters. Unless there's another route.

Speaking of which, there's an area in Primordia close to NLA that I can seem to probe. I've got a feeling the site is high up. Will I need to be able to fly to get that one, among others? The route to some areas seem particularly winding, and although in one instace, I was able to make my way to a probe site that seemed accessableonly by air, I'd imagine there are several places that are locked off until you can pilot a flying skell.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Eat_Pie

edhe wrote:

I've played about 40 hours so far, and all that stands between me and my damn Skell is three squashes from Oblivia. I've searched for hours, and in the process, laid down as many probes as I can without getting ambushed by level 55 monsters. I haven't even been able to register one in my collectapedia. Can anyone enlighten me on where I might find some?

Also, in exploring Oblivia, I've worked out how the map works, and how to improve a continent's survey rating - If I'm correct, each hex shows whether there is a mission, wreck or tyrant present. When you receive some intel by walking about NLA, they are "activated", and you can click on them to mark them as ongoing (otherwise, they are labelled "NEW"). When you eventually fulfill the recon, the icon is replaced with a golden shield icon, and that, along with dropping probes contributes to your survey rate of any given continent.

Check if bagflea squashes can be bought with reward tickets. That can save a lot of time. If not, they're located in a cave on South Coast in Oblivia.
Images to help you: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/...

Oh, and some probes are only accessible by Skell through the flight module. However, you can "cheat" the game and jump on there if you time jumps correctly. Sometime, you need Mechanical level 5 to access the probes.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

TuVictus

I finally got my flying skell, so I went to explore all the highest places. I found Telethia: The Endbringer. Level 99. It looks pretty epic. Especially since Telethia are in the first game, I enjoy thinking up connections between the two

TuVictus

Pho

@edhe: I had the same issue with the squashes. On the south eastern shore, there is a beach, with a small cave. The room in there has probably 30 blue thingies, and no enemies. Of note, the squashes are primarily found in caves.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

crimsontadpoles

Something annoying happened to me in this game. I selected an optional side mission and now I can't cancel it or do any story missions until it's complete. It involved going to a new continent, which meant a long swim since I haven't unlocked Skells yet. Once there, I have to defeat monsters that are way too tough at my level. Thankfully it's giving me the prompt to lower the difficulty of the enemies after I keep dying, but I'm trying to avoid doing that.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

kkslider5552000

I was worried for a little while that each continent would literally only have 2 songs each. I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm admittedly dumb for making that assumption but still...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

edhe wrote:

They're up around the top of the big waterfall you can see from the middle. Just run around that lake for about 20 mins and let the items keep refreshing. You'll find them eventually.

jijifox

Where can I see from where I can get some of the materials for building gear?

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Eat_Pie

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Something annoying happened to me in this game. I selected an optional side mission and now I can't cancel it or do any story missions until it's complete. It involved going to a new continent, which meant a long swim since I haven't unlocked Skells yet. Once there, I have to defeat monsters that are way too tough at my level. Thankfully it's giving me the prompt to lower the difficulty of the enemies after I keep dying, but I'm trying to avoid doing that.

What continent? Cauldros or Sylvalum? I know that you can access Noctilium and Oblivia by land. Cauldros is the only place where the monsters aren't scaled evenly. There's mostly high leveled monsters there. Plant a probe there so you can quick travel, and try to sneak by the enemies. I travelled to the other four continents outside of quests, and the only one I found to be difficult was Cauldros.
@kkslider5552000
The Noctilum song and Tyrant song are really good.
@jijifox
You can check in the Monster Encyclopedia and see what monsters drop what parts. If you're level 60, farm gear from tyrants.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

edhe

I've just done my first ragequit. I was fighting a monster for a mission, I got it down to it's last tiny bit of health (one hit and that would have been it), and was ambused by 2 level 56 bugs. They totalled my 1,000,000 credit skell before I could even work out what was going on.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Dezzy

Still haven't actually been to Cauldros at all. Wooops.

Eat_Pie

Dezzy wrote:

Still haven't actually been to Cauldros at all. Wooops.

I wasn't planning on going there early but an affinity mission took me there so I decided to explore.

@edhe
Try drawing the monster away from the bugs. You can also try to stay in front of the enemy, away from the bugs.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Shinion

@Eat_Pie: just have to point out how it's funny that in the context of any AAA open world game on PC/PS4/Xbox One the conversation about 'bugs' would be of an entirely different one to how it is here. Ain't no avoiding those bugs in Fallout 4 lol

Anyway carry on guys with the game, I'll be joining you soon when I get it over the next week.

Shinion

TuVictus

I'm kinda bummed that Skells are a thing (in the smallest way), because once you get them, the game gets "smaller" as you're no longer tiny people in a huge world. And then once you can fly, you just soar over everything, probably missing many parts of the later parts of the game in the process. Of course, this can be solved by simply not using them. Which I have been considering for a little while, probably right before I finish the game.

Right now I'm just trying to do a bunch of affinity missions. I hate that I have to have certain affinity with a bunch of random NPC's that I would never touch otherwise. Elma and Lin were always my main party.

TuVictus

Dezzy

What this game does brilliantly is manages to create a seemingly endless sense of progression. I like that I've been playing it for ages and there're still so many areas I can't reach until I have the flight module. They put so much energy into designing the world in this way, so it unlocks in many discrete steps.

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Eat_Pie: just have to point out how it's funny that in the context of any AAA open world game on PC/PS4/Xbox One the conversation about 'bugs' would be of an entirely different one to how it is here. Ain't no avoiding those bugs in Fallout 4 lol

The only annoying bugs in this game are the ones you run over when you're in a Skell and start attacking you because of it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic