Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,371

Dezzy

So what's the advantage of trying out the various teammates in your squad? So far I've just stuck with the main 3 and Doug.

VelvetElvis wrote:

I haven't been this immersed in a game in many, many moons.

Which Mira happens to have. About 4 moons I think.

Operative wrote:

My favorite music in the game so far is definitely Noctilum's theme.

Noctilum Day is brilliant. So perfectly matches the environment.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I stick with Lin and Elma as my permanent members, swapping out the 4th as I see fit. Though it's a bit to a disadvantage, because i largely have the same move set as Elma thanks to my choice of class. I wish it had more arts that inflicted topple, I don't enjoy hoping the others activate their topple arts after I stagger the enemy.

And as much as I might give Nintendo and this game a little bit of grief, recently, I can't deny this game is indeed very immersive. Once I finally got the gameplay learned and started exploring, I got engrossed. Apparently I played 20 hours already? Which is really weird, because before today I'd play very sparingly. Oh well. I'm glad the game lives up to the hype

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

VelvetElvis

@Dezzy: Ha, I've been trying to count moons, too.

In terms of swapping around teammates, I believe some missions scattered about require you to have a certain affinity level with your party members. Since I've been avoiding spoilers, I don't know if any story missions require a certain affinity level, but I'm pretty into the optional missions, so I'm trying to build affinity with my available party members in general.

VelvetElvis

Tiefseemiez

I played for 8 hours so far and totally sucked yesterday at fighting that lvl. 8 tyrant that guy that got separated from his team was supposed to fight (hope you know what I mean, it was one of the first quests).
I spent like 2 hours fighting him and still lost. First I was at level 8/9, then I grinded a little, the last time I was on level 11, but the fight never turned out my way though it was almost every time pretty close.I don't think I did anything wrong really.
Sometimes those pigs aroung started attacking too, sometimes my teammates didn't feel like healing me or they died way too soon. It was always SO close that I did this fight over and over again. Then I decided to just go exploring and gather some more XP and new armor. Will try it again today.
I recognised that reviving your teammates isn't as easy as in the predecessor, which I find good, because well, it's reviving them, but also bad, because when they get an unfortunate hit it sometimes means the fight is lost already.
But I love that this time, when you die in battle you do not lose all the progress made between getting to the last landmark and dieing. It takes away a lot of the frustration of dieing. And since you sometimes get attacked pretty sudden from behind by some lvl. 40 monsters that can one-hit you even if you try escaping, that is an important change.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

renaryuugufan92

I'm 65 hours in, level 38 approaching level 39, I really need to switch to a duelist class soon though. I've been exploring and finding revenue probes and scenery spots so I can get a level 50 skell and get my money back quickly, and about to dive into chapter 10.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

VelvetElvis

Have you guys been trying to level up all of the classes? I'm a rank 10 Duelist, and I really enjoy it — if I switch classes, can I switch back to another one freely?

I'm thinking now might be a good time to explore different classes, since I'm still at the beginning of the game's story missions, probably over-leveled, and really focusing on optional missions for a while.

VelvetElvis

Joeynator3000

starts up game, gets disconnected 15 seconds in
...Why can't we just have an offline option from the beginning? :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eat_Pie

@VelvetElvis
I'm going Galactic Knight then Full Metal Jaguar for the arts/skills to support my build.
Yes, you can switch between classes freely as long as you max a class out.

Eat_Pie

renaryuugufan92

VelvetElvis wrote:

Have you guys been trying to level up all of the classes? I'm a rank 10 Duelist, and I really enjoy it — if I switch classes, can I switch back to another one freely?

I'm thinking now might be a good time to explore different classes, since I'm still at the beginning of the game's story missions, probably over-leveled, and really focusing on optional missions for a while.

yes you can switch back and forth freely, you'll just have to re-arrage your arts to suit the class.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

renaryuugufan92

jijifox wrote:

@renaryuugufan92: Just save before going in chapter 10.It's very hard.

That is why I am grinding levels and doing side missions before even attempting chapter 10, think level 40 is a safe cut off point before going into it?

Eat_Pie

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

VelvetElvis wrote:

yes you can switch back and forth freely, you'll just have to re-arrage your arts to suit the class.

Arts are tied to a weapon, so if the class that you're switching to supports your current weapon, you can keep the same arts.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

erv

There's so much to manage I this game but I mostly don't bother to much. I'm still at a loss of what the press b circle does for you, other than raising the blue bar a bit... There's no chain attack, so what does it charge and how do I trigger it? Why bother? And to be honest, equip strongest great is a life saver for me:p

This game is huge, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot.

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Eat_Pie

erv wrote:

There's so much to manage I this game but I mostly don't bother to much. I'm still at a loss of what the press b circle does for you, other than raising the blue bar a bit... There's no chain attack, so what does it charge and how do I trigger it? Why bother? And to be honest, equip strongest great is a life saver for me:p

This game is huge, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot.

The press B is a QTE, which heals you up if you successfully execute it. Chain attacks in this game are combos, which can be done by using one melee/ranged art after another. Equip strongest gear is nice, but it's not as good as going through and equipping stuff yourself.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Joeynator3000

meets Yelv
What's with all these "tough guys" acting like they're better than me? lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

VelvetElvis

@Eat_Pie and @renaryuugufan92, thanks, ya'll. I feel pretty well versed in the game, but every once in a while, I still come across a "wait, is that right?" moment. It really is enormous.

@Megumi, yeah, I could really do for a patch on the disconnects. I always play in Lifehold squads, but the reward tickets can be super helpful, so the constant disconnects are a bit maddening. Last night was the first time I can recall staying connected for an entire play session.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Joeynator3000

Also, they should turn down the songs that play during cutscenes. I know we have subs, but...still. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Jazzer94

So how long does it take to aquire the quests that lead to chapter 4, like where are they?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Luna_110

@Jazzer94 The "Probe-fessional" quest is available right away after you walk out of the barracks, just go and talk to Kristy, same thing with the Basic stuff, go talk with Eleanora and its available. Only other thing you need is the 15% of Primordia explored.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Eat_Pie

Does anyone know what Mission 3 is? The affinity quest for Yelv requires that mission, but I don't know what it is. I'm not there yet, but I'd like to know ahead of time so I can get it done early.

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic