Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 4,371

Joeynator3000

Dezzy wrote:

What's everyone's favourite continent?

I think Noctilum might be my favourite area in any videogame ever. It REALLY reminds me of Pandora from Avatar.
It's insane how they can make such a huge area in an open world game on an underpowered console and still make it feel so alive.
Some kind of wizadry has been used to achieve that place on the Wii U.

So I'm not the only one, lol
When I first got to Noctilum I didn't actually look around on the map....thought it was very small and got disappointed. xD

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Leon_Kennedy

Been thinking about getting this as I haven't played a decent JRPG for ages - however reviews have put me off as some said if you don't like MMORPG's you might not enjoy... I'm not a fan of MMORPG's at all, and I'm not a fan of grinding or fetch quests. With that in mind is it worth me getting this?

he one game I've played that felt like a single player RPG trying to emulate MMORPG's was Final Fantasy 12, and I absolutely hated it despite loving all the Final Fantasy games before hand, and it sounds like this might be a bit similar.

Leon_Kennedy

TuVictus

@Leon_Kennedy: It's like a much bigger and more complicated to learn version of FF12. Sounds to me like this game might not be for you, honestly. As for fetch quests, I've already encountered many that are just "Wander around and hope that random blue dimaond is what you want". But those seem to be unique only to sidequests for now. The story quests haven;t been as mundane, thankfully

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

MegaMari0

@Leon_Kennedy: Watch some gameplay videos and such. Could give you an idea of what the game is like. As stated previously, this game most likely isn't for you. Have you tried the Etrian Odyssey series?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Leon_Kennedy

MegaMari0 wrote:

@Leon_Kennedy: Watch some gameplay videos and such. Could give you an idea of what the game is like. As stated previously, this game most likely isn't for you. Have you tried the Etrian Odyssey series?

No not familiar with it at all. Based on Operative's comments it won't be for me sadly, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it!

Leon_Kennedy

Smash_kirby

You know Nintendo and Hasbro should release a special set of Skell transformers. They might sell like hotcakes or well enough.

Smash_kirby

TuVictus

I just spent my greatest length of time during a single play session exploring. I didn't even find that much. I think my Primordia went from 17% to 22% surveyed. I did walk across the sandbars to the northern continent, which was hard cuz it's filled to the brim with level 40 Prone and machines. Then I died and it sent me all the way back. Fun stuff.

TuVictus

shani

Operative wrote:

The game gave me a migraine because of its stupidly tiny text. I actually got pretty angry because there's no way this wasn't brought up during localization, they just decided it'd be less work to not include a text resizer. And any tutorials at all would have been great. I'm all for no handholding, but they should have at least offered in-game options for learning the tools rather than just have a random NPC in NLA spout out random bits of info.

I realized this only yesterday when I played the game at a friend's on his TV, but there I also found the text too small. On my projector on the other hand I don't have that problem at all, I can read everything from the couch perfectly. But in exchange for that, the graphics look a bit better on his TV because of the dpi.
So the solution is: Play this game on a projector! I'm kidding, only wanted to point out that a way bigger screen actually helps with that.

And I disagree regarding tutorials. I hate tutorials. Besides, the first story and affinity missions (like the one where you have to plant three probes for Eleonora) are in fact tutorial missions where the game teaches you the basics.

Now this is important: Does anyone else have the problem that you can't see your friend's avatar? I can see the avatar of three Miiverse friends in front of the barracks, but me and one of them can't see the avatar of another friend although he has registered his avatar and also can see mine. We tried everything but didn't find a solution for that.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

renaryuugufan92

Operative wrote:

I just spent my greatest length of time during a single play session exploring. I didn't even find that much. I think my Primordia went from 17% to 22% surveyed. I did walk across the sandbars to the northern continent, which was hard cuz it's filled to the brim with level 40 Prone and machines. Then I died and it sent me all the way back. Fun stuff.

Tip!: Exploring + level grinding becomes so much better with the skells, I got a level 30 mech and after completing chapter 9 I'll be doing the flight module quest. This game has become my favorite Wii U title with 50+ hours into it already (would be more if college finals weren't going on atm of this post xD)

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

ChaoticBull

I'm clicking on at 6 hours into the game, how many sidequests are available during this part of the game?

ChaoticBull

3DS Friend Code: 5000-4012-4166 | Nintendo Network ID: ninrendoboy

Dezzy

Tsurii wrote:

Oblivia, I like how it's not "just a desert". I mean...yeah, it's just a desert (lol), but there's still almost as much variety in the different regions as on the other continents, if anything Sylvalum is the most "generic" continent in terms of variety, but even that blows you away with how weird and unique it is. They managed to make every region feel distinct and, in my opinion, even one-up'ed Xenoblade Wii's world with Mira.

Yep, Olivia is my second favourite. They do manage to make it feel like a desert whilst still interesting.

I was quite surprised to find you that big hole you couldn't jump down though. What's that about?

I really liked that you found that girl who was stranded in the middle of the continent with her broken Skell. That kind of idea doesn't really work in 90% of other games because the words aren't big enough. In most games, your natural reaction would just be "well walk back to town then!". Whereas on Mira, she really did feel lost in the wilderness.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Joeynator3000

I like Oblivia, no clue why I love big open deserts...
Sylvalum I ended up having a crappy first moment there...so it's "meh" to me for now. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

ChaoticBull wrote:

I'm clicking on at 6 hours into the game, how many sidequests are available during this part of the game?

Quite a few. I'm about 8 hours in and I've not advanced the story at all really. Just done sidequests and explored the world. Can't you just keep switching between the various different job things to open more and more sidequests up? I've just stook to the exploring people so far. These are not the official terms. I don't pay enough attention.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Darknyht

30 hours in and still haven't finished Chapter 6. I get distracted way too easily.... I guess the good side is that I am level 24 and have mastered the Duelist Class (Which has the wicked combo that can run hits for 3000-4000 points).

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

MegaMari0

@Darknyht: you sound like the dog in The pixar movie UP. SQUIRREL!!!! haha

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

TuVictus

My favorite music in the game so far is definitely Noctilum's theme. I'm level 20, but I'm not sure how long I've played. I'd guess 8 to 10 hours

TuVictus

Darknyht

@MegaMari0: I am not in a hurry to finish the game. I spent last night swimming around one of the areas looking for a way to sneak into somewhere I am not supposed to be yet. I am still curious if I can swim to the last area I cannot access still.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

FireEmblem

Operative wrote:

My favorite music in the game so far is definitely Noctilum's theme. I'm level 20, but I'm not sure how long I've played. I'd guess 8 to 10 hours

The played time is displayed in the main menu (+ button)

FireEmblem

jijifox

Hey guys, do you know what the weapon attributes do. I know ether is stronger on natural creatures like beasts and insects, but i don't know what the others do

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

VelvetElvis

Man, ya'll are lapping me. I'm really soaking it in — I'm level 27, and just now completed Chapter 4, have over a million credits in the bank. I've been rotating out party members where I can and taking on affinity missions, as well as missions I find from folks in the city. I've gotten into a routine of exploring Mira in the evening (I think most of my time has been spent running around for May in Oblivia, for whom I have words that aren't allowed to be used in this forum) then using off-TV play in bed to wander around New LA in first-person and mess around with all of my equipment, stats, arms manufacturers, upgrades and the like.

Long story short, I haven't been this immersed in a game in many, many moons.

VelvetElvis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic