Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 4,371

jijifox

So how do you update because my version is still 1.0.1E?

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Dezzy

How do you activate the heart-to-hearts? I didn't even realize there were any!

I quite like how little this game explains to be honest. It makes it feel like a real world. As long as you've understood the basics, you can manage. And everything else is a nice surprise.
The only thing that should've been explained by tutorial (so far) but wasn't was the soul voice. That's pretty integral to succeeding.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Joeynator3000

...hasn't been focusing on the story missions AT ALL, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

I'm starting to sorta finally get the hang of the basic gameplay mechanics. Soul voices are this game's version of the future flashes from the original. Except this time you pick the same color art instead of an opposite color like for Shulk's team. Skills and classes are still a little fuzzy, and the text is still so dang tiny. But I'm having fun

TuVictus

veeflames

OK, so spoiler alert...
If New LA doesn't want to cause a mass panic attack among its citizens, why did they construct that countdown tower for everyone to see? Yes, they might not know it's true purpose, but I don't think it's worth building that tower (or at least letting everyone see it) when you consider it's real purpose. And it's pretty close to 0, too. Anyone else having Majora's Mask vibes there? XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Shinion

@Dezzy: there are heart-to-hearts? Odd that we haven't heard of them as a returning feature in the game to please fans of the original, as that was a great feature that I'm sure a lot of people appreciated. Glad it's returned. Odd also therefore that I heard no mention of this from reviewers, even those who then went on to criticise the game for a lack of character depth. If they didn't bother with the heart-to-hearts, then of course they'd not appreciate the characters as much as they potentially could, it was the same in the original as well. Some people even though they're paid still don't know how to review games it seems.

Shinion

TuVictus

I only knew they were back when I saw a heart pop over Elma's head for trying to be peaceful with someone. Also, Tatsu is annoying. Ricki's voice succeeded so well because it was a small, cute voice that made sense for a small ball of fur. Tatsu's voice actor doesn't seem like he's even trying to embody the character, and is just reading lines.

TuVictus

Gelantious

Enjoying it so far, though mostly been running around and exploring. Putting out probes to discover more of the map and so on.
But yeah... the music... Any info on how to turn it off?

Gelantious

Polyaness

Yeah, I think the music isn't to too many people's taste. For me though, the original's music was nothing special (Can't remember any of it either). But I listen to X's soundtrack constantly outside of the game. And I love how it's used in game, although it does get repetitive sometimes, but I'm okay with that.

Polyaness

3DS Friend Code: 0619-5244-2677 | Nintendo Network ID: Polyanesss

Polyaness

@Pahvi: You have both of them now. Although the only heart-to-heart that has come up for me, needs me to apparently complete the "First" heart-to-heart, no idea where that is though.

Polyaness

3DS Friend Code: 0619-5244-2677 | Nintendo Network ID: Polyanesss

VelvetElvis

Alright, Noctilum is one of the most incredible environments I've seen in a video game. Last night, I had that moment where everything crystallizes — I've come to grips with the game's many systems, was popping through mission after mission, setting probes, engaging with folks, marveling at Primordia as I went along. I took Kirsty's quest to set a probe near the northern border of Primordia and started scaling the cliffs surrounding a series of waterfalls (where you pick up the Cleansing Moss).

I'm not sure if this is the "proper" path to Noctilum, but it took a little wrangling to scale rock faces that would likely serve as decorative walls in other games. The top waterfall opened up to little clearing with shallow water and grazing wildlife, and then the narrow path into Noctilum. I got there just as the sun rose, this track kicked in, and I was floored. Open-world games are nothing new these days, but the immense foliage, the misty lighting, the psychedelic pools of water, the glowing pollen in the air, the tendrils of limbs and titanic flowers, the dinosaur-sized deer made out of ancient moss and tree limbs — it all combined to create a genuine sense of awe.

Xenoblade Chronicles X has transcended. For me, this is going to be a game for all time.

VelvetElvis

jijifox

@Polyaness: I haven't played the first game so i can't judge which has better music, but i love EVERY part of XCX's soudtrack,i just don't like black tar and not that it has lyrics, i like the lyrics, i don't like that it gets very loud sometimes. And my favorite part of the soudtrack is the sylvalum music. It sounds fantasy like, an unknown,strange,magic place just like what sylvalum feels like.

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

TheXReturns

I love the music. There. I said it. The only track I've encountered so far (Bearing in mind I'm heading for chp4 now) that I don't like is NLA at night. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

It's so similar to Xenoblade 1, but yet so different.

But I miss Reyn. I miss the tank. I miss Melia too. Once I worked out how to use her, she never left my team.

If the original cast came up as DLC party members, I'd be down for buying them at a reasonable price.

That'll never happen, but, hey. I can dream.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Joeynator3000

...How do you reconnect if you're randomly disconnected? >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

VelvetElvis

@Megumi: This is a great question. The only solution I've found so far is to restart the game. I hope that I'm missing something.

VelvetElvis

TeeJay

Just finished Chapter 3. Now I'm free to do whatever I want. Took a Probe quest ahere I need to link probes together but can't figure out how to do it. I'm standing right on the probe I need to be at and there's no option to do anything...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TuVictus

@TheXReturns: Haha, same here with Melia. I remember one particular boss fight where you're pretty much forced to use her. It was like in the Bionis' heart or something. It made the boss a cake walk just using her auras

TuVictus

Dezzy

VelvetElvis wrote:

Alright, Noctilum is one of the most incredible environments I've seen in a video game. Last night, I had that moment where everything crystallizes — I've come to grips with the game's many systems, was popping through mission after mission, setting probes, engaging with folks, marveling at Primordia as I went along. I took Kirsty's quest to set a probe near the northern border of Primordia and started scaling the cliffs surrounding a series of waterfalls (where you pick up the Cleansing Moss).

I've been trying to find my way to the other continents but either got lost or angered the wrong enemies on the way!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic