Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 4,371

rishisquid

@TeeJay: Higher lvl monsters work a little different, they aren't an indication of a specified level. A lot of times you see som lvl 12's here, some lvl 30's there, and have lvl 60's within sight. So you just have to fight what you can and ignore what you can't.

Edited on by rishisquid

rishisquid

Rumorlife

Ugh I actually forgot the soundtrack was partially bad cause I tune it out. I don't like it most of the time inside the city, but outside, at least in Primordia, it's pretty good.

Rumorlife

Ralizah

I was never a fan of 90% of the OST in XC, but everything I've heard from XCX has been amazing. Maybe it just depends on your tolerance for Sawano... the fact of the matter is that this sounds like music from Kill La Kill or Attack on Titan, and I'm INCREDIBLY happy about that.

For the people who received the special edition for this game, does the USB stick actually glow? Is it made out of metal? I know it has some sort of weird DRM on it, but that's not a problem as I plan on formatting it anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

This game is making me hope the world in Zelda ends up being a bit smaller than this. It's so insanely huge.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Listen to this brilliance! If someone doesn't enjoy this, then I'm afraid I can't understand their taste in music at all.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

luisesteban

So far, the game is great, I have played most of the day and run smooth.

luisesteban

rishisquid

@Ralizah: Good God I can't wait till I get a mech so I can listen to that as I'm playing... I honestly don't see how people can hate Sawano's music...

rishisquid

VelvetElvis

After two solid play sessions across two days, I echo what a lot of folks here are saying — this game is bewilderingly massive in terms of both landmass and gameplay systems. As someone who adores exploring in games and really likes to tinker with uber-nerdy stats and menus, you can imagine that I have quite a hard time pulling myself away from this one. Though you can compare individual elements of X to other games, I've never seen a game world quite like it, as a whole. My mind boggles at the hours and sweat people must've poured into the creation of Mira. And it is a beautiful thing; I don't know that I've ever quite felt that I've been a part of such a fleshed out science-fiction world before.

As for the music, I certainly enjoy it less than Xenoblade Chronicles. Overall, though it's not to my personal tastes, I appreciate how bold, diverse and well done it is, and there are some tracks that I really enjoy. My only real beef is that some music is just too intense when I'd prefer it to be more meditative (especially in New L.A. — when I'm digging through pages and pages of menus and stats, aggressive hip-hop or nu-metal is not my background vibe of choice).

On the level of complexity, yes, I find that this game requires some investment. After reading the manual and brushing up online, I feel like I've come to pretty decent grips with the core systems and am starting to find my groove. I found this (spoiler-free) article today, and would really recommend it to anyone starting the game: Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Xenoblade Chronicles X by David Roberts of GamesRadar.

Oh, and @TeeJay, I don't know if this helps at all, but the only solution I've found for viewing the map during off-TV play is to tap the touchsreen and press the icon to transfer the display back to the TV, which of course puts the map on the GamePad. It's not ideal — basically the equivalent of pausing the game to look at a map — but it got me through some light in-bed game time last night.

VelvetElvis

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

This game is making me hope the world in Zelda ends up being a bit smaller than this. It's so insanely huge.

It certainly will be. Xenoblade X was already a massive undertaking I'm sure but to make a Zelda game work well with that amount of content is borderline impossible while keeping it as a quality Zelda experience.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

.....And Primordia is just the first area, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Sparx

my main grief with this brilliant game so far is the font is hard to read for me, welp, might finally have to upgrade the ol telly to something HD

My avatar is from here

Dezzy

This game needs a list of positions to get a pretty view of the world. My favourite so far is at the top of the elevator at the west gate. The one you up at the beginning. You get a view of Primordia from one end of the tunnel and NLA at the other end.

@Sparx

You playing this on an SD TV? Yeah, you need to remedy that asap. This needs to be seen on a big screen.

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

It certainly will be. Xenoblade X was already a massive undertaking I'm sure but to make a Zelda game work well with that amount of content is borderline impossible while keeping it as a quality Zelda experience.

Yep. Zelda wouldn't work this size really. RPGs can just fill space with enemies and it doesn't detract from the game because you're constantly leveling up as you cross the map. Zelda doesn't have that same focus so that many enemies would just become an annoyance.

Terrornaught

As your not uncovering the map from beneath blackness how do you know if a segment has been fully explored? I don't want to be missing view points and secret landmarks ect.

Terrornaught

Monkey_Balls

Can the side missions be completed at any time, or are they chapter-specific? I don't want to miss anything - if they are accessible all the time then I'll crack on with the story (I want a Skell); if not, then I'll slow down and focus on the side stuff. Thanks.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

FrozenLink

Anyone found a good resource for locations of collectables for quests? Thats my only real problem so far in an otherwise amazing game

FrozenLink

Terrornaught

Is there a landmark/Fast travel point in every hexagon?

Terrornaught

Dezzy

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Can the side missions be completed at any time, or are they chapter-specific? I don't want to miss anything - if they are accessible all the time then I'll crack on with the story (I want a Skell); if not, then I'll slow down and focus on the side stuff. Thanks.

I recall gamexplain saying they were time-independent.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic