Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 321 to 340 of 4,371

SCRAPPER392

Blast wrote:

@SCAR392 I think the Wii U has become a "companion" console. Its best to own the Wii U AND another console to be fully satisfied. HOWEVER... I do feel sad for those who just get a PS4 or just get a Xbox One and not a Wii U because they are missing out on some really great games. The same is vice versa. A Wii U owner should own a Xbox One or a PS4 or a PC so they can play games that simply won't come to Wii U.
The next Nintendo console prolly won't be a "companion" console. Its gonna stand on its own feet with strength from the second it launches. I think Nintendo has learned its lesson from the Wii U.

While I agree that most cases might warrant another console(I plan on getting an Xbox One), alot of conclusions regarding this subject aren't entirely well founded.

No offense, but only a fool would think that Nintendo isn't capable of being just as relevant as the other consoles.

The Wii U can stand on it's own. This isn't 7th gen, over again. I'd argue that what we'll see during the lifetime of these consoles will similar to how 6th gen played out.

This is getting pretty off-topic.. My point is that we shouldn't be drawing conclusions until things hit the fan. I can assure you that that hasn't happened yet. I won't draw any conclusions until Wii U starts missing out on a year worth of games while Xbox One and PS4 are currently out.

Those 8th gen defined games that people are celebrating on Xbox One and PS4(2K 14, for example) are totally possible on Wii U. Just look at it this way: Even Dreamcast could have ran games that were on PS2 like GoW in some shape or form. If you look back, Dreamcast actually had better looking games than PS2. The difference is that Nintendo isn't in a bad financial situation like Sega was, so a Dreamcast scenario is literally impossible unless Nintendo literally burns at least $9 billion worth of yen.

EDIT: TBH, it's beyond ironic at what people have cited Nintendo's problem to be. They don't have money problems and their hardware is up to date. I don't think it's a coincidence that people are complaining about the GamePad and Kinect being mandatory with their respective consoles.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Blast

@SCAR392 and @kkslider5552000 I value you guys input. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I think all three consoles have flaws (U, PS4, and Xbox One) but I don't wanna change the thread so......
BACK TO ONE OF THE WII U'S BIGGEST BRAGGING RIGHTS.... X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder how the game starts off.... Like does the game just thrusts you into a beautiful world with problems?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TheLilK98

Well guessing from the beginning of the second trailer, our likely -to -be protagonist is in the army, and they already know what they're fighting So it's fairly likely that it'll be like Xenoblade in that the opening cutscene thrusts you into a war.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

@TheLik98 Ohhhhh... a WAR I bet the main character's voice will be pretty deep. I hope he has a awesome name!

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

TheLilK98

Blast wrote:

@TheLik98 Ohhhhh... a WAR I bet the main character's voice will be pretty deep. I hope he has a awesome name!

Judging by his design, it'll probably sound like your average 17-19 year old. Deeper than Shulk for sure, but not too deep. As for the name...your guess is as good as mine.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Blast

@TheLik98 I don't mean to sound weird... but based off the looks of the guy... he looks muscular.... I'm thinking he's in his early twenties.

Master of the Hype Train

scrubbyscum999

I am looking forward to the Japanese voices in this game. I really like the JPN voice acting in Xenoblade.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

While I don't mind the teenager focused thing that JRPGs love to use if done well (like TWEWY for example) but it is nice that while some of the main cast are teenagers, in Xenoblade that fact is incredibly easy to forget about and doesn't come with any of the questionable story ideas that certain other modern JRPGs would use (see: being a really bad anime instead of a good JRPG). In general, that's kinda the main reason Xenoblade Chronicles was so good, because it went against what people are sick about with your average modern JRPG, and being anime to sometimes embarrassing degrees would definitely be one of those things.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

@kkslider5552000 Hmmmmm.... I see.

Master of the Hype Train

DirkaDirka

Sorry guys, when playing the game recently, in-game, Shulk's eyes can look brown-ish in some cutscenes, I guess in-game his eyes are lot more...subtly-blue?

Regardless, still super excited for this game. I'm probably going to disappear when I play it...

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

Blast

@DirkaDirka Same here! I just wanna get lost in X's world. I wanna explore and fight!

Master of the Hype Train

DirkaDirka

Anyways, out of curiosity, has anyone here played Xenogears and/or Xenosaga Episodes I, II and III?

I've recently dabbled into Xenogears, but even more recently have bought all three episodes of Xenosaga and started playing through Episode I. Gotta say they are some of the hardest RPG's I've played outside of Atlus' RPG's, but they're a bunch of fun!!

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

Blast

@DirkaDirka Sadly.... No. I haven't played any of those games. D:

Master of the Hype Train

TheLilK98

Also, I've decided: if Nintendo doesn't mention X in the direct this month, I'm ignoring this game's existence until something about it is revealed. That being said, even if they don't I'm probably lying, once you know this game exists you cant just forget about it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Blast

@TheLik98 LOL IKR????? Nintendo's reluctance to talk about this game is mind boggling. They talked about Pokémon X/Y so much before it released that its not even funny.

Master of the Hype Train

CanisWolfred

DirkaDirka wrote:

Anyways, out of curiosity, has anyone here played Xenogears and/or Xenosaga Episodes I, II and III?

I've recently dabbled into Xenogears, but even more recently have bought all three episodes of Xenosaga and started playing through Episode I. Gotta say they are some of the hardest RPG's I've played outside of Atlus' RPG's, but they're a bunch of fun!!

Xenosaga is good stuff. I've only played the first episode (but I own all 3, took me forever to get the third one and I'm hesitant to play the second), but I really enjoyed it at the time. Someday I'll replay the first episode then move on to the second and third.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheLilK98

Blast wrote:

@TheLik98 LOL IKR????? Nintendo's reluctance to talk about this game is mind boggling. They talked about Pokémon X/Y so much before it released that its not even funny.

They talked about it so much it actually made me want to buy it less.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Blast

@TheLik98 Hhahah will it actually built hype for me I just want Nintendo to talk about this game again. A screenshot, trailer, or something!

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic