Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 4,371

GoldenGamer88

@Lastaofpizza: You can join with other gamers into factions or something like that. But I think it's only for trading stuff etc. not to play with other gamers online. So it's no MMORPG.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Nin10dad

Post just came, No Xenoblade today 😞
A shame, as have a day off of work today and then no free time until after Xmas!!! They joys of being a head chef at this time of year 😒

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Polyaness

Wooo, Just got it! I may have 2 assignments to do but screw it.

Polyaness

3DS Friend Code: 0619-5244-2677 | Nintendo Network ID: Polyanesss

Haiassai

Ive been looking forward to this game for a while. Yesterday I read the Gamespot review (or skimmed) and two points of critique were an inconsistent soundtrack and disappointing story. I know reviews are things one should take with a little more weight than a grain of salt, but... That's concerning as those are two points I look for in a game.

I know the topic of soundtrack has already been talked about here. I wish they stuck with the same composers rather than getting an anime composer. The two pieces I heard were alright, but nothing grand. But that's forgivable. The story concerns me. WITHOUT GIVING AWAY ANYTHING, if anyone here has jumped on the Japanese version or has somehow played the game, would you agree with this critique regarding story?

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Dezzy

nathanjones007 wrote:

How many sales do you think this game will sell physical and digital by 1 Jan 2016 world wide? I think it will hit 600k! I am not sure how it has done in Japan so far. Is this even out in Europe yet?

Worldwide about 800k I think. Japan has sold 120k physical. So probably about 150k overall.
Europe and US release on same day!
I'm predicting about 1.2 million lifetime sales. This game will definitely appeal to western gamers a lot more than Japanese though.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zyon

Haiassai wrote:

Ive been looking forward to this game for a while. Yesterday I read the Gamespot review (or skimmed) and two points of critique were an inconsistent soundtrack and disappointing story. I know reviews are things one should take with a little more weight than a grain of salt, but... That's concerning as those are two points I look for in a game.

I know the topic of soundtrack has already been talked about here. I wish they stuck with the same composers rather than getting an anime composer. The two pieces I heard were alright, but nothing grand. But that's forgivable. The story concerns me. WITHOUT GIVING AWAY ANYTHING, if anyone here has jumped on the Japanese version or has somehow played the game, would you agree with this critique regarding story?

The soundtrack is either a hit or miss with people. It is limited and can become repetitive for some, just like how Fallout 3/NV/4 radio get's annoying after a while cause it repeats so often. So it's all up to the player, same goes for the story. While it might not be as great as, or as long as Xenoblade Chronicles was for most, it's still a decent story. The story in it's self takes about 40 hours just doing the bare minimum(you'll need to do other things in order to progress further in the story) taking your time and doing other things cause of distractions(believe me you'll get distracted quite easily) your looking at around 60-100 hours for an average playtime(still with so much to do). If your going full on side quest/exploration you'll easily get 300+ hours out of this game.

In regards to online, it's somewhat confusing at first. First off you have Squads, which is explained in-game, you join a 32-man squad which you'll be loosely connected with 31 other players who are also playing(only if your Wii U is connected online with others online). You can't see their actual avatars running around Mira but you can see NPC versions of their avatars. You can interact with them and even invite them to your party, the actual player will gain experience, and you'll gain an ally. However your limited on how long you can have them(roughly two hours), so try to do as much as you can. You can send messages out for the entire squad to see, this is where people can post advice, or if your just feeling social. Players can +1 messages, if a message receives enough +1's it'll be broadcast to the entire playerbase. There's trading that anyone in the squad can opt-in, it's basically a dice roll to receive the item for everyone who opted in. Last is Squad Tasks the thing I'm sure most have seen in any video of the game. From time to time your squad will receive 5 objectives displayed in the bottom right. Ranging from 5 monster or gathering items, players must work together to clear the objective within the time limit. By clearing the Squad Tasks you'll increase the number of Squad Missions you can run.

Squad Missions, this is the main multiplayer experience. After finishing any of the 5 squad tasks you'll unlock a number of missions. You can than take on these missions in a party of 4 real players, which is formed through invites. You'll get to see a full list of all 31 players within your squad, their level, gear, and class are shown and just send invites to those that you want. Players can decline invites however, in this situation you can invite AI buddies like Elma or Lin to fill in the gaps. You can even go on missions with just NPC's, however the higher level/difficulty of the mission the more you'll want to bring real players as they are quite difficult.

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

Haiassai

Zyon wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

The soundtrack is either a hit or miss with people. It is limited and can become repetitive for some, just like how Fallout 3/NV/4 radio get's annoying after a while cause it repeats so often. So it's all up to the player, same goes for the story. While it might not be as great as, or as long as Xenoblade Chronicles was for most, it's still a decent story. The story in it's self takes about 40 hours just doing the bare minimum(you'll need to do other things in order to progress further in the story) taking your time and doing other things cause of distractions(believe me you'll get distracted quite easily) your looking at around 60-100 hours for an average playtime(still with so much to do). If your going full on side quest/exploration you'll easily get 300+ hours out of this game.

In regards to online, it's somewhat confusing at first. First off you have Squads, which is explained in-game, you join a 32-man squad which you'll be loosely connected with 31 other players who are also playing(only if your Wii U is connected online with others online). You can't see their actual avatars running around Mira but you can see NPC versions of their avatars. You can interact with them and even invite them to your party, the actual player will gain experience, and you'll gain an ally. However your limited on how long you can have them(roughly two hours), so try to do as much as you can. You can send messages out for the entire squad to see, this is where people can post advice, or if your just feeling social. Players can +1 messages, if a message receives enough +1's it'll be broadcast to the entire playerbase. There's trading that anyone in the squad can opt-in, it's basically a dice roll to receive the item for everyone who opted in. Last is Squad Tasks the thing I'm sure most have seen in any video of the game. From time to time your squad will receive 5 objectives displayed in the bottom right. Ranging from 5 monster or gathering items, players must work together to clear the objective within the time limit. By clearing the Squad Tasks you'll increase the number of Squad Missions you can run.

Squad Missions, this is the main multiplayer experience. After finishing any of the 5 squad tasks you'll unlock a number of missions. You can than take on these missions in a party of 4 real players, which is formed through invites. You'll get to see a full list of all 31 players within your squad, their level, gear, and class are shown and just send invites to those that you want. Players can decline invites however, in this situation you can invite AI buddies like Elma or Lin to fill in the gaps. You can even go on missions with just NPC's, however the higher level/difficulty of the mission the more you'll want to bring real players as they are quite difficult.

I'm more curious about the story itself not length. Thoughts?

Haiassai

Zyon

Haiassai wrote:

I'm more curious about the story itself not length. Thoughts?

Can't help on the details as I'm avoiding spoilers. I'm only going off by other's that have played through the JAP version. Majority of them say it's not as great as Chronicles, but it's still a decent story.

For me the story is gonna be just a side thing, I'll be more focused on exploration.

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

Haiassai

@Zyon: that's fair. Well I look forward to it

Haiassai

Einherjar

Well, so much for sinking countless hours into this game.
I barely made it through the prologue.
Im an audiophile person, so a soundtrack is a definitive make or break factor for me. And to be honest, this has to be one of the most unfitting, mood destroying OSTs ive heard in a long long time.

I could live with the pseudo sci-fi techno-dubstep music, but rap lyrics on a techno-esque battle theme, oriental themed music for a savanna type enviroment...and as soon as the "tshika tshika uhh uhh" town theme started, i turned the game off.

I cant remember the last time a soundtrack put me off that much...and its really really sad.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

TeeJay

Einherjar wrote:

Well, so much for sinking countless hours into this game.
I barely made it through the prologue.
Im an audiophile person, so a soundtrack is a definitive make or break factor for me. And to be honest, this has to be one of the most unfitting, mood destroying OSTs ive heard in a long long time.

I could live with the pseudo sci-fi techno-dubstep music, but rap lyrics on a techno-esque battle theme, oriental themed music for a savanna type enviroment...and as soon as the "tshika tshika uhh uhh" town theme started, i turned the game off.

I cant remember the last time a soundtrack put me off that much...and its really really sad.

Wow. I think you're letting the music effect your experience WAY too much. You're just gonna drop GOTY just like that because the music doesn't fit?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

shingi_70

My NNID for those who want to play online when that mode gets unlocked.

Shingi70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Einherjar

@DiscoGentleman Im pretty sure that you can turn off BGM. I havent tested that out yet, since i literally just turned the game off out of annoyance. Especially after playing Xenoblade (3D) again with its incredibly beatiful OST. In comparison, its just...lets just say "not that good" to stay polite. It just tears anything resembling atmosphere or mood apart.

And as for the story discussion, i dont think that Xenoblades story / characters will be matched anytime soon. That bar is pretty darn high.

Einherjar

Shinion

@Einherjar: I hold the original Xenoblade in just as high a regard as you, I often cite its story, characters and soundtrack to be amongst the best I have experienced in a game. I've heard mixed things about all of those three in X, some go so far as to say all 3 are poor, wheras others are the exact opposite. I'm getting the game for Christmas and despite the negative opinions I'm still very hopeful about this being whilst not as special to me as the original but most certainly better in other ways Xenoblade was weak in and hopefully I consider those 3 key aspects to be 'good' at the very least. I'm obviously oblivious ATM to any details about the game's story and characters buy I've listened to the game's soundtrack and whilst I can see why it's divisive I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. The themes used in the trailers, the Primordia theme and the main battle theme are all very good IMO.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Einherjar

@TheLastLugia: In my honest opinion: Nothing can beat the original Xenoblade. Not because it was unfailable or "above all else" fantastic. But because it was unique in so many daring ways. The setting was a "once in a blue moon" one. Ive ventured through many creative gaming worlds, but those two giants were something else.
The cast is one of the most believable and "down to earth" JRPG casts ive ever seen. The "angsty teenage hero boy, who lost his parents and has seen a doomed futire vision" is determined, responsible, caring, calm and collected.
The "dunb but strong sidekick comic relief" is, actually that. And hes fully aware that he isnt the brains of the group but the brawn and he acts upon that. Hes the groups meat shield, come what may. Not to make a book about it here, but it certainly was something very special.

X on the other hand, left a very sour impression from the get go. The character creation is horrible, but we discussed this and the character artstyle already. Its something you either like or not. But the voice selection will hold a very nice suprise, watch out for it

Then came the combat. Comming straight from the original, certain changed details threw me off, especially because there was no real tutorial that explains why its constantly beeping, buzzing and booping, why i suddenly gain new skills and talents, what they actually do, what teammate shouts and commands mean etc. Again, no deal breaker but confusing.

Then my big turn off became noticable: The music. During character creation, the dubstep esque tune became more and more irritating, but oh well. Sci-Fi setting and all.
But running through a biome similat to Gaur-Plains, lush green fields, lakes and rivers, mounten passes and rocky overhangs and remembering one of the greatest music pieces in recent JRPG history...and your treated with a techno influenced arabic / oriental theme, more fitting for a desert wasteland.
The battle theme starts of very slow, again, techno / electro influences, then a bit of metal and...rap lyrics....
While fighting giant boars with mashine guns....
Entering the colony greeted you with hip-hop tunes, and as soon as the first "uh uh" lyrics line dropped, i turned the game off.
My immersion was gone, so was my hype and enthusiasm.

Like i said, im pretty audiophile. This doesnt mean that the soundtrack itself is bad ore flatout unlikeable. But for me, its downright unbearable how unfitting and mood breaking it is. Experience it for yourself. It may not reach the originals originality, but the gameplay is still intact, its breathtakingly beatiful and, well, it has mechs...lots of them. Whats more to ask (other than a soundtrack DLC for idiots like myself )

Einherjar

TuVictus

A big comfort to me is the music that played on the launch trailer, which I liked. So at least I won't completely hate all of the soundtrack.

As for the surprise, I'm pretty stoked about it. I think it's a great present to the fans.

TuVictus

rishisquid

@Einherjar: I dunno, It just seems like you should've watched a trailer or two before buying the game, they have all those peeves you mentioned in promotional videos. And if you're such an "audiophile", maybe... I dunno, listen to a few songs beforehand?

rishisquid

jijifox

DOWNLOADING!!!Also is standby mode gonna activate by its self because the light on the wii u is red?
Wait, its yellow now.

Edited on by jijifox

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

nathanjones007

@Dezzy: I hope NA and EU steps up the sales! Its a same that it has sold about 120k physical in Japan.

nathanjones007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic