Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 4,371

Smash_kirby

It looks like I won't be getting the game from Gamestop until next week...

Smash_kirby

whodatninja

I get the game on friday but won't be able to play before Monday. Grrr...

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jijifox

How much is the download time for the people who pre-loaded the game.The pre-load and the normal download(when the game releases) should be the same, right?

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

Dezzy

jijifox wrote:

How much is the download time for the people who pre-loaded the game.The pre-load and the normal download(when the game releases) should be the same, right?

I believe that will depend on your internet speed!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

renaryuugufan92

jijifox wrote:

for me it took 4 hours and almost an hour to install

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

cookiex

Bought the original Xenoblade during the Cyber Monday deal yesterday, I'm planning to download X when it goes live on Friday. I'll probably only play it sparsely before Christmas break though because I have college work to do.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Zyon

Luckily I have the day off from work on Friday. Whole day of playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'm so excited

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

erv

Smitherenez wrote:

The game should be in my mailbox tomorrow! Couldn't be more excited

The only perk I gave up going digital only. Awesome, let us know about your first impressions:)

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

VelvetElvis

@Dezzy: Ha, good question! I am American (and a bachelor with a solo apartment). In British terms, there will be pants. But I defy trousers for Xenoblade X day.

Speaking of European things (lookit that segue), Eurogamer's Digital Foundry has put out their assessment of X, and it's quite glowing.

VelvetElvis

Octane

I'm curious... I've watched Digital Foundry's analysis, and I'm pretty shocked to see things like the lack of collision detection and the obvious pop-ins. And I've said this before, but I don't think the character models and animations look pretty good either. Yet I've seen only praise for the game and people seem to forget about most of the shortcomings because of the huge world in the game. I think they pushed the game too much, there's no reason for such a huge world if you need to sacrifice other parts of the game.

I hope it's shortcomings are not too obvious. I pre-ordered the game and I'm looking forward to Friday, but still...

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane: Of course its shortcomings are obvious. The extent to which they matter depends on you. Monolith got a very pretty (in terms of environments, at least) and enormous open-world RPG running at a stable framerate on pretty underpowered hardware. Pop-in and lack of collision detection are two relatively unimportant things they sacrificed in the process. I think it's a pretty good trade-off.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jsubbuteo

I hope there are in game achievements in the game like the the awesomely cheeky "Terminal Velocity" in xc.

jsubbuteo

VelvetElvis

@Octane: I do agree that the pop-in and — most prominently — lack of collision detection in New L.A. is the most jarring graphical shortcoming. It's pretty bizarre. I wonder how taxing it would have been to add collision meshes to the cars and Skells? Were it up to me, I'd have probably just nixed the cars period.

That said, I do find that the LOD and pop-in outside of NLA is pretty well done, as it goes. I'm of the mind that these trade-offs are alright given the immensely geography (and verticality) of the game, the stable framerate and the lack of bugs and glitches. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I really don't like that buggy, unpolished games have become the norm this generation.

I'm also immensely impressed that a game world with a size that outclasses Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 combined manages to do so with virtually no load times, and while offering what appears to be complete accessibility. The freedom of traversal in this game is really something else — I can't compare it to any open-world games I've seen.

VelvetElvis

R_Champ

Lastaofpizza wrote:

3 more days till the destruction of the earth.....

But I want earth to be destroyed NOW T_T. Hehe.

The game looks amazing, and despite certain legitimate critiques I still think it'll easily be the JRPG of this generation.
The only sad thing is the critiques that are more along the lines of "it's too complex to get into!"...weren't people just complaining about how games hold your hand too much nowadays? Now when one doesn't...they get angry...I'm starting to think the stereotype of the brainy gamer is no longer valid...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

shaneoh

R_Champ wrote:

The only sad thing is the critiques that are more along the lines of "it's too complex to get into!"...weren't people just complaining about how games hold your hand too much nowadays? Now when one doesn't...they get angry...

Those people should be confined to a room with a PC and only Dwarf Fortress to play. No help, mods or tilesets either, they have to figure it all out by themselves. Then shall they know what complex truly means.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Dezzy

That does seem to be the main complaint in reviews.
Kinda feels like they should've just read a guide if they needed to and reviewed it after that....

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Makkiez

Complete off topic, did anyone already got his copy of the game? I was lucky to find the limited edition for about 60 euro's ( Lucky me ) and will be getting it tomorrow. Just wondering if there is more people to get the game a day ahead of release?

March 21, No !LIFE! Monster hunter ( wiiU)

Twitter:

Octane

@Ralizah: True, it depends on the person. The environments look good, but I don't care for huge worlds. They're neat, but it isn't a selling point for me, and so it disappoints me to see when other sacrifices had to be made in order to make the world size possible.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic