Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 4,371

WiiWareWave

You guys are going to lol when you see the skells! Not spoiling anything, but I will say that Bandai Namco will likely sue Monolith Soft at some point. >_>

Edit: Not saying Monolith Soft did anything wrong, but Bandai Namco tend to be very touchy regarding their IP's.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

Honestly the bust slider removal has no effect on me whatsoever because my character is going to be male anyways.....and most of you will be as well. lol.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

CaviarMeths

Sometimes I like to feel pretty when I'm playing single-player games.

I played a girl in Dragon Age: Origins, but that was mostly because that game had horrid art direction and I couldn't get a male character to not look like a schlub.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

@Hy8ogen: That's a big assumption, I'm sure plenty here will create a character of the opposite gender to themselves.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

SpookyMeths wrote:

Do normal people use this term, or can I add it to my list of things to indicate that I should stop reading a post?

It's not inherently an awful term, but I feel like my last few posts would be highly relevant nonetheless.

And yes, I likely will choose female because of a certain voice option. I just got lucky because I would probably choose normal boobs even if I had an option.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

The-NX

I completely understand why you have to play for 30+ hours before you unlock the Skell, but I really want it ASAP!

Edit:
Also, does anyone know how much gear there is in the game?

Edited on by The-NX

The-NX

JoyBoy

^ Probably too much for me to care about.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

cameronbelmont

Wow, you guys really care about the size of your avatars boobs in an animated video game? That is really weird. When I heard people were upset about this, I thought it was a joke. And let's be honest here for a minute, gamers and the game culture are to blame for this. In real life, women have a wide variety of breast sizes. Some are big, some are small. While some men find the size to be of the utmost importance, I doubt women find objectification flattering. I know my female friends who are rather busty hate the fact that that is all some men see. In games, there has long been a culture of absurdity in the name of objectification. Lara Croft may be one of the earliest examples, but countless more games with women showing off enormous boobs, all while going off to war in nothing but a g-string, have sent a message to the nongaming world (which is ironic, because games and the game industry have long justified crazy amounts of violence and extreme language in the name of "realism", but I digress).

So by all means get your kicks and giggles from making a few pixals appear a little (or a lot) bigger on your favorite game. I for one applaud, NOA for removing the feature. It's stupid, objectifying and only serves to further entrench negative stereotypes about our industry and hobby.

I am sure my opinion, will be met with rejoicing and celebration. I will step off my "puritanical" soap box now.

Edited on by cameronbelmont

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

The-NX

@cameronbelmont:
I am pretty sure that last line was supposed to be sarcastic, but you summarised my thoughts perfectly.

The-NX

CaviarMeths

Wow, you sure told us.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Grumblevolcano

There's a GameXplain stream tomorrow at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern/7pm UK/8pm CET.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

I'm downloading the Basic Pack right now. Man, the Wii U's download management is garbage compared to PS4. On PS4 you can pause downloads and resume them whenever. On Wii U? If you accidentally hit the power button or the download just randomly stops... You gotta redownload from the beginning! Soooo annoying. Don't get me started on Wii U's crap storage space. Not buying a external drive just for one game. NX should hopefully have wayyyy more GB space!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

The trade-off is that the PS4's homescreen UI is a big non-customizable mess while the Wii U has folders and other organizational features. I can't download and play PT because Konami delisted it, but the icon will forever be in my library.

Dezzy

cameronbelmont wrote:

Wow, you guys really care about the size of your avatars boobs in an animated video game? That is really weird. When I heard people were upset about this, I thought it was a joke. And let's be honest here for a minute, gamers and the game culture are to blame for this. In real life, women have a wide variety of breast sizes. Some are big, some are small. While some men find the size to be of the utmost importance, I doubt women find objectification flattering. I know my female friends who are rather busty hate the fact that that is all some men see. In games, there has long been a culture of absurdity in the name of objectification. Lara Croft may be one of the earliest examples, but countless more games with women showing off enormous boobs, all while going off to war in nothing but a g-string, have sent a message to the nongaming world (which is ironic, because games and the game industry have long justified crazy amounts of violence and extreme language in the name of "realism", but I digress).

So by all means get your kicks and giggles from making a few pixals appear a little (or a lot) bigger on your favorite game. I for one applaud, NOA for removing the feature. It's stupid, objectifying and only serves to further entrench negative stereotypes about our industry and hobby.

I am sure my opinion, will be met with rejoicing and celebration. I will step off my "puritanical" soap box now.

More silliness to dispense with I see.
The vast majority of female characters are not "objectified" in modern games. This is an outdated meme that's based on people repeating it and accepting it without checking to see if it's really true (in most people's case, because they want to appear like the sort of person who cares about such things). Get a list of the last 20 or 30 games and list all of the female characters in those games in a row. Then count how many are oversexualised. I guarantee it'll be a tiny number.
As for the anecdote about women in real life having a problem with it. Well, that's interesting. The women I know say the exact opposite. They're annoyed that big boobs have been used to mean "sexualised" because it means they can almost never find characters that look like them anymore as developers have tried to avoid it more and more.

Very few people are annoyed literally about the removal of the bust slider. Quite a few people are mildly annoyed at the principle of it, the fact that the west is treated like volatile children by some publishers. It's always worth caring about principles, even if the specifics are unimportant. Principles are the best guide as to what behaviour you can expect in the future (when it might affect you more).

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

The trade-off is that the PS4's homescreen UI is a big non-customizable mess while the Wii U has folders and other organizational features. I can't download and play PT because Konami delisted it, but the icon will forever be in my library.

Pretty sure Sony will release a update to customize the Home screen UI in due time. I love my Wii U but jeez! Going back to it from PS4 is jarring!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Also, I'm not an expert or anything, but I don't think women are generally impressed when their male friends play white knight. Women are not children. They can speak for themselves.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Wait so wtf are the data packs? They help the game run smoother or something? Where to cop?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

CaviarMeths

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Wait so wtf are the data packs? They help the game run smoother or something? Where to cop?

Think of it as the digital version of the N64 Expansion Pak.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic